+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4083707;
    I read Maks's grandma died. Sending thoughts and prayers.
    That's so sad! Poor Maks and Val. They are in my prayers.

A friend was shopping at the Grove in LA today and watched Mario Lopez interviewing Maks and Brandi. We'll have to watch for the interview. I have a picture but not sure how to post it or if I can.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Maks' blog: Dancing's Maks: Monday's Dance Will Be for Grandma - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

Poor guy.

There are a bunch of interviews that Brandy did with different media outlets this week as well. They both seem somewhat resigned to the fact that, though they came in as a favored couple, #2 might be their best.

As for Maks, something just tells me that he's ready to move on from this show. His family is on the East Coast; I think he wants to be with them.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maks and Tony both said they'd stay on the show as long as they'd have them. But, I'm thinking coming into this season and thinking he had a real shot at the trophy, only to see it's already a given who's going to win, along with his other comments, Maks is just down about the season. Maybe he's ready for it to be over. It was this time last year he and Karina broke up, and he's been having quite a year. So he might be drained. I thought his comment about their rumba not being a "DWTS rumba" and their quickstep wasn't going to be gimmicky or flashy was telling. It might just be a point to the show that they've lost their way. Who knows. I know what it's like to lose a close family member, so my heart goes out to Maks He is lucky to have such a strong family bond. Not everyone is that lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4084677;
    Maks and Tony both said they'd stay on the show as long as they'd have them. But, I'm thinking coming into this season and thinking he had a real shot at the trophy, only to see it's already a given who's going to win, along with his other comments, Maks is just down about the season. Maybe he's ready for it to be over. It was this time last year he and Karina broke up, and he's been having quite a year. So he might be drained. I thought his comment about their rumba not being a "DWTS rumba" and their quickstep wasn't going to be gimmicky or flashy was telling. It might just be a point to the show that they've lost their way. Who knows. I know what it's like to lose a close family member, so my heart goes out to Maks He is lucky to have such a strong family bond. Not everyone is that lucky.
    Of course, if DWTS is the fastest way for Maks to make a decent income, he'll keep doing it. I, however, get the feeling that this season is doing him in for next season, or for the show as a whole. We both know that Maks is a purist with regard to ballroom dancing; Len's comments on Monday reflect that approach: Maks included the basic steps of a rumba, the fan and the hockey stick. Both he and Tony have made several comments about how the show has changed the dancing since season 2; that the expectations are insane. That, combined with his personal life (whether it's Karina or Erin or no one) and his family bond, might just tip him to take next season off. Or be done with the show. If, say, Val were to replace him, they'd still have that income to support the family business.

I don't think I'll ever not love Maks; he irritates me to no end on some days, but then I read something like that blog, and the sensitivity and fierce love that man is capable of just resurrects my positive regard for him.

And, yes, he's blessed to have such a strong family. Wonderful to read

I read he will dedicate the dance to his grandma. That's sweet. I think they'll get a good edit this week too.

They have had another pro step in to cover for a pro in the past. It wouldn't be a crime if he wasn't there for an episode or two. He should think about it. Family first. I think the show would understand.. on a practical level it might even be better for all.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4084677;
    Maks and Tony both said they'd stay on the show as long as they'd have them.
    Here's an interview that makes me think that Maks is heading towards making a change: Podcast Archive :: Tee It Up Show

Maybe not

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

veg out, can you elaborate? I don't have the ability to listen to the podcast since I'm at work, and as a Maks fan, am always eager to see what his future DWTS plans are

I don't blame Maks for not wanting to step out. He said as much in his blog, he doesn't want to ruin the experience for Brandy or let anything get in the way of her doing well. Jane and Marie both lost one of their parents during season 5 (along with the health issues that came up for them), but they were both there the following week and insisted on going on.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4086349;
    veg out, can you elaborate? I don't have the ability to listen to the podcast since I'm at work, and as a Maks fan, am always eager to see what his future DWTS plans are

I don't blame Maks for not wanting to step out. He said as much in his blog, he doesn't want to ruin the experience for Brandy or let anything get in the way of her doing well. Jane and Marie both lost one of their parents during season 5 (along with the health issues that came up for them), but they were both there the following week and insisted on going on.
    Kara, Maks discusses a few things including his golf game I think that the interview was either post-Jive or post-Samba. Anyway, to paraphrase a portion of it, he's asked if he's bicoastal. He says that he really lives on Continental Airlines (He admits that he splits time between NY and LA.) At this point, he mentions that at some point soon, he's gonna need to settle and decide what he'll do for the rest of his years; that he's been open to many adventures. He did those things to become successful since he doesn't have a college degree, but he wants to show his mom that he is a businessman. He said that they signed Tony on as one of his business partners, and they want to franchise the Dance With Me studios. So that's what really makes me think that Maks is starting to move more to his entrepreneurial urges/other creative ventures and away from the show. I also think that he or the show or both want Val to replace him. It would fit since the show has been showcasing much younger talent this season, including its pro-dancers.

Anyway, listen when you can. He's adorable when he rambles and rambles and rambles

As for Brandy and Maks, sounds like Brandy's schedule has really ramped up. This week, she started filming her TV show. As much as I'd love for this to be Maks' year, I get the feeling that Brandy will be our "shocking" elimination in two weeks. Sure, Jennifer would be the best shock, but they won't do that. If anything, the finale will have Jennifer duke it out with Audrina. I hope I'm wrong.

+ Reply to Thread