+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

I thought Brandi & Maks did really good las night. Maks during the before package called Brandy, "baby", when he was trying to show her how to walk. It was cute. Also, saw ABC affiliate interview after the dance and the interviewer asked Maks now that she's been making the number 2 spot was he looking forward to Brandy making her number 1 next week. Maks said Brandy has been number one to him since week 1. That was sweet! I have to say I didn't like how the round dance floor affected the camera angles. It seemed to be filming farther away when I wanted to see closer or something. Anyway good week for Brandi & Maks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4082301;
    I thought Brandi & Maks did really good las night. Maks during the before package called Brandy, "baby", when he was trying to show her how to walk. It was cute. Also, saw ABC affiliate interview after the dance and the interviewer asked Maks now that she's been making the number 2 spot was he looking forward to Brandy making her number 1 next week. Maks said Brandy has been number one to him since week 1. That was sweet! I have to say I didn't like how the round dance floor affected the camera angles. It seemed to be filming farther away when I wanted to see closer or something. Anyway good week for Brandi & Maks.

I think this season is just "different" for Maks - and that's because Brandy isn't Erin. Last season Maks had a glow about him and you could tell that he enjoyed Erin as more than a dance partner. His heart just doesn't seem to be in it the way it was last season.

BTW, what ever happened between Maks & Erin?

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;4082307;
    I think this season is just "different" for Maks - and that's because Brandy isn't Erin. Last season Maks had a glow about him and you could tell that he enjoyed Erin as more than a dance partner. His heart just doesn't seem to be in it the way it was last season.

I agree that something is very different about Maks this season though the cause could be a multitude of things. Maks spent his off-season wildly busy with shows, teaching, and appearances. In an interview with KABC at season's start, he said that it felt like Season 10 hadn't finished. I imagine he's tired. Add to that the possibility that sharing a show again with Karina might ruffle his feathers a bit (notice that they're rarely in close proximity to each other. I did, however, see that he came out to watch her dance with Mike last night and then quickly left the viewing stage when they were getting their scores). Add to that production's decision to resurrect his "bad boy of the ballroom" persona, a move that has caused a LOT of negative press. Add to that his business efforts, and it all makes for a case of massive stress.

Could Erin be part of the issue? It's rather uncertain.

A few pages ago on this thread, I wrote a post about Maks and Erin's "relationship." For details, scan back for that one (it's page 3, post #28), but the long and short of it is that, per Maks mostly, and with later confirmation by Erin, he and Erin were never romantically involved though the fans wanted there to be a relationship. Some fans think that by the end of the show, they decided to try it, but a variety of things caused it not to work, and by mid-July, they were done and not on amicable terms. Many think that Erin was the person who did not want to be in a relationship and that Maks is the one who did want something with her. Erin continues to say in interviews that Maks is a huge part of her life, that she loves him. Maks doesn't really engage Erin when she tweets him. Before the start of season 11, they seemed to be back on friendly terms. Otherwise, Maks and Erin give every indication that they are open for business with the opposite sex. PM if you want more details.

In this video, Maks goes as far as to say that his partnership with Brandy is the best he's ever had which has some people shocked given the perceived closeness that Maks shared with MelB, Debi, and Erin. YouTube - Maksim Chmekovskiy talk about dance partner Brandy at "The Homes That Hollywood Built" Event

Bottom line: Most signs point to major showmance between EA and Maks, but that somewhere in there, real feelings developed either by both parties or one (Maks). In the end, Maks doesn't get the girl. Maybe he needs to have more dates with Brandy where she can train him.

As I wrote before, this side of Maks isn't my fave. But their rumba last night pulled me back to him. Just a little
    Last edited by veg_out; 10-12-2010 at 03:14 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maks tweeted he and Brandy will be doing the quick step if they make it through. Since they're repeating dances, is it another theme week next week?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4082719;
    Maks tweeted he and Brandy will be doing the quick step if they make it through. Since they're repeating dances, is it another theme week next week?
    I think next week is TV theme song week??? I think that's what Tom said last night.

From his tweet, I got the sense that they were safe. I know you're happy

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4082733;
    I think next week is TV theme song week??? I think that's what Tom said last night.

From his tweet, I got the sense that they were safe. I know you're happy
    Add Kurt and Audrina to being safe and I'd be thrilled.

So they're not doing movie theme this season but TV themes I take it. Still don't like all these theme nights, but whatever. Maybe Florence will make it after all. I think I might like TV themes better than movie night.

I hope there's some good spoofs tonight of TV shows like they did last year to hype movie night

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4082741;
    Add Kurt and Audrina to being safe and I'd be thrilled.

So they're not doing movie theme this season but TV themes I take it. Still don't like all these theme nights, but whatever. Maybe Florence will make it after all. I think I might like TV themes better than movie night.

I hope there's some good spoofs tonight of TV shows like they did last year to hype movie night
    I hope Mama Brady is safe. It wouldn't be TV Theme Week without her

Tony as Rambo or whoever he was last season was hilarious. LOL.

As for the themes, I think that they're working overtime to top season 10 or to at least make up the revenue they expended in pulling in the names they did this season. I think that's also why we have recycled costumes. Once Sarah and Bristol as well as Sitch and his abs have paid their dues in rating dollar signs, they'll exit stage left.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;4082307;

I've noticed the bolded too. Then it dawned on me in the car this evening that Karina is on the show this season and wasn't last season. That could be playing a part in it.

This interview makes me think-AGAIN-that this partnership is NOT the best for either of them:

Dancing With the Stars | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos
    Maks and Brandy are at the end.

This interview, though, is HILARIOUS:
    YouTube - Kyle Massey Week 4 Elimination.avi
    It was great to see them have so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4083168;
    This interview makes me think-AGAIN-that this partnership is NOT the best for either of them:

Dancing With the Stars | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos
    Maks and Brandy are at the end.

This interview, though, is HILARIOUS:
    YouTube - Kyle Massey Week 4 Elimination.avi
    It was great to see them have so much fun

Hmm, bit of a stretch, lol. Brandy didn't see Mike (The Situation) storm off so she was trying to be empathetic and polite. Maks doesn't like Mike. He was dissing Mike in another interview the other day saying how at least his abs were real and Brandy was trying to cover his mouth to keep him from saying it on camera, lol. Maks has no epathy or tolerance for Mike and thinks Brandy is better than Mike anyday. So, he shushed her when she tried to compare and say she would probably react the same way. Maks has a high opinion of Brandy. No big deal, they are cool.

Last edited by nikkij_26; 10-13-2010 at 12:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread