+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Thanks to both of you for bringing over those 2 YouTube interviews that give a better insight into the real relationship between Maks and Brandye. I love Maks and his honesty.

DWTS jumped the shark last night by having The Situation and Karina do the encore dance. What a shame. That honor - and that is what it should be considered - should have gone to Audrina and Tony. They were honoring our fallen soldiers for crying out loud!!! What an insult that they had The Situation do that horrible dance again.

It is pretty clear who Maks was referring to - well, at least one of them - when he called out the judges on being all over the place with their scoring. It is painfully obvious that DWTS is trying to keep SOME of the pairs around much longer than what is deemed fair.

Maks is just stating the obvious. The judges are giving higher scores to some who don't deserve them, The Sitch/Bristol, and understoring others who were better, such as Margaret Cho.

I also agree that the judges should judge the dances and nothing else seen in the rehersal package.

Maks is wonderful and I think he's dealing with a partner who is difficult in the best way he can. I agree that the scroing this season makes no sense.

Thanks for bring those videos over, I adore Maks and his brother is yummy too!
    All the "noise" Maks deals with I think he handles it all well and he really has a great head on his shoulders.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4078297;
    DWTS jumped the shark last night by having The Situation and Karina do the encore dance.
    Why? It's hardly the first time that DWTS has chosen to give the encore dance to a couple who had an trainwrecky-yet-entertaining dance. Season 6: Adam Carolla (unicycle, anyone?), Steve Guttenberg (tango with Jonathan). Season 9: Chuck Liddell (samba). The encore dance hasn't been used to denote the best routine for quite some time on DWTS, in other words. I don't see the big deal about giving The Situation the encore. The way I see it, TPTB are pacing themselves. They probably rightly assume that couples like Jennifer/Derek and Audrina/Tony will have later opportunities to get the encore, and as they don't want to have only one or two couples constantly dominating the encore performances... *shrugs*

Re: Len's comments - I don't mind Len bringing up stuff in the rehearsal packages, but I also don't get all the outrage over Maks' teaching methods. Even if it might not have been the most professional thing to do, all the cries of abuse are making me roll my eyes. Way to trivialize a serious problem, guys!

re: Encore dances - Maks and Erin never had one. Although I believe they were supposed to do the one where she jumped from the stage onto his shoulder and she didn't want to do that move again (am I remembering correctly??)

They decide who they want to watch again, and it isn't always the best dance or dancers - I believe Jake even got an encore dance last season and he was far from one of the best dancers.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4079189;
    I believe Jake even got an encore dance last season and he was far from one of the best dancers.
    Hah. I must have blocked that one from my memory.

Anyway, yeah, I don't think that The Situation getting the encore is some grievous insult. To use a phrase that Maks likes: it is what it is. In a weird way, it was entertaining because I spent most of the dance thinking, "WTF are they supposed to be doing again??" LOL.

And there are always celebs who last longer than they should. Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4079189;
    re: Encore dances - Maks and Erin never had one. Although I believe they were supposed to do the one where she jumped from the stage onto his shoulder and she didn't want to do that move again (am I remembering correctly??)

They decide who they want to watch again, and it isn't always the best dance or dancers - I believe Jake even got an encore dance last season and he was far from one of the best dancers.
    Did you have to remind us???
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4077529;
    Longhorn! Part of me wonders if Maks told the show that this season was his last. I'm not sure if it's cuz he said that he has changed, if because he said that he wants to be "good boy" of the ballroom that they're spiting him or what, but it's insane that the guy approached the producers about last week's package, and this week, they edit this horrible package. Several entertainment media outlets are running stories on it, including one running a poll on if Maks went too far. I can't figure out why he would smack anyone. The look on Brandy's face shows real surprise. The whole package paints Maks as a bully. And even if it's edited, there are several takes from several different practices (including last week's package) that have him doing these swats at her. I never saw him do anything like that last season. I'm just curious why he's behaving like that. I'm also curious why he thinks he can behave like that to Brandy.
    ok i really hope this isnt the last season for maks. he is the best pro on the who as far as i am concerned. in the beginning maks said he was going to be the good boy of ballroom but if you go back and watch their first meeting maks tells brandy that he changed, softened up and she replied she needs him to not be soft with her, and he tells her good because that was just him trying to make her comfortable. he is a very tough teacher. he has never denied that nor have his past partners. every student is different and maybe thats what works with brandy. she is fine with it so people really need to stop making such a big deal over it. he didn't abuse it.
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4077532;
    I don't think it should be up to the judges how a pro teaches, or whether they like what they see in rehearsals. I can only think of 2 things: either Maks/producers are trying to deflect negative attention away from Brandy so they're taking Maks back to his "bad boy" days with the edit he's getting (especially after he said in the premiere episode he had changed). Either way, it's a few minutes of footage over the course of several days, and they use footage from previous weeks as well. It's not the first time he's been seen as the tough teacher who's brought his partners to tears. And most times he gets requested, so he's popular enough with the celebs, viewers, and the show. Per his twitter, it sounds like his brother will be dancing tonight on the results show I don't think Maks/Brandy had any say over the song choice they had. I liked their story idea, personally. Given how Len hates gimmicks and props, I was amazed at how polite he was to everyone last night. I figured he'd be ready to blow his top at the madness
    you are exactly right. the judges should have nothing to say with the way a pro trains their partner. i know either cheryl or karina has slapped her partner in the past but i can't remember which one, but that wasn't a big story. i dont think maks ever really intended to be the good of the ballroom. he always gets the best out of this partners and with some of them it has required him to be tougher than with others. erin last year said she asked for him because she knew he was tough. that says a lot for his teaching style. he also has remained friends with his former partners so he can't be that bad. you are right when you said we only see a few minutes. you don't know what led up to what we saw. if you notice when he hits her it all appears to be from the same day based on the outfits. if you remember back in week 3 he got really tough with misty doing the paso. he knows what his partners can handle. and no they hve no say in the sing....a lot of times they show them opening the cd to find out what song they have. one of the pros this week was opening cd and said it was the first time they were afraid to open the song.
    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4077256;
    Brandy has toned it down, but Maks was absurd in that package. If that's how he teaches, no wonder his partners cry. Perhaps Brandy is being lazy and diva-esque which we're not seeing, but I was rather surprised to see that montage displaying Maks' teaching. I 100% agree with Len's critique of Maks. Len was not criticizing Maks' samba; he was criticizing his teaching style, that he wasn't being protective of his partner. I agree with him.
    Maks is tough but most of the times when his partners cry it isn't because he is being too hard on them. thats what the producers want it to look like. anyone who has watched the show knows Maks is probably the toughest pro on the show and yet a lot of them still want to dance with him. I don't think Maks did anything wrong. and again if brandy doesn't mind why should anyone else.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 10-07-2010 at 05:34 PM.

On Maks' teaching technique: It's inappropriate. And in no interview in which he is questioned about it does Maks deny that he does indeed smack her. No, we don't see the whole of his sessions with Brandy, so we don't get much of what she thinks or feels about things. However, as a member of the viewing audience, I'm allowed to disagree entirely with that method of "teaching." Last season, and from what I saw of Maks and Mel, Maks didn't swat his partners. He got frustrated, he yelled, he walked away, but this last package was entirely new, and it made me uncomfortable.

I respect your opinion that it was no big deal, but in my opinion, it is. Why is Maks calling CarrieAnn out on being disrespectful towards him when she was only giving him exactly what he gave to Brandy? Don't dish it, Maks, if you can't take it.

I loved Maks last season. This season, I hope he knocks it off soon. And, yes, I understand that Karina and Brandy are trying his nerves. I get it.

Here is another video of Brandy & Maks with Val after the results show. Brandy loves the Chemerkovskiy brothers. She says Val is the nicer one but, after she says it she's rubbing Maks stomach and hugging him. It's cute. Brandy & Maks have no problem with each other and even Val digs her. In another interview with Access Hollywood they ask Maks if he's going to continue to smack Brandy on the bottom. He says, "yes", and Brandy says "Of Course." Val says, "who wouldn't, look at it!"lol, Brandy doesn't have a problem with it.

YouTube - Brandy Backstage After 3rd Elimination

+ Reply to Thread