+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;4077637;
    Someone tell me what IIRC means, please.
    IIRC means "If I recall correctly"

FORT Fanatic

Thanks, DancingDad.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

DWTS' Maksim Blasts Judge Carrie Ann: "Absurdly Disrespectful" - E! Online

Think this little piece could tell why Maks may really not look happy this season. And the bit about CA spanking him, I guess it'll give ammo to the anti-Maks fan club that likes to read his interviews/blogs only to pick them apart and criticize:

DWTS' Maksim Blasts Judge Carrie Ann: "Absurdly Disrespectful" Today 1:25 PM PDT by Marc Malkin and Brett Malec

"It's an absurdly disrespectful thing for her to even think of doing," the pro hoofer told us earlier today. "Is she crazy? She's not my mother."

Were you surprised that Len and Carrie Ann were so hard on you about your teaching technique?
    There's no reason to comment on my teaching methods. Their job is to assess a celebrity's dancing at that moment. I just feel the judges take it upon themselves to judge way more than they are supposed to—and it's a shame. But it is what it is. I feel like it takes away from what the show is and Brandy's experience. It's about her. My teaching methods have nothing to do with our samba yesterday. I thought that Brandy did an incredible job.

Are you really as hard on Brandy as the video made it appear?
    Nobody feels disrespected, nobody feels mistreated, and certainly I'm not an abusive person.

What did you think of Audrina Patridge getting the first 9s of the season?
    I thought Audrina and Tony did a wonderful dance. It was perfectly portrayed for story week. It was something exactly what the week needed and I thought the subject was amazing.

What dance are you and Brandy working on for next week?
    We have to do the rumba. We've got a beautiful, beautiful song. [But] I'm not going to lie to you—I'm a little discouraged about this season. Brandy's actually inspiring me to stay focused and stay motivated. I'm discouraged because there's absolutely no consistency. I don't understand how the scores are being done. I don't understand why some couples are being kept on the show. I mean, there were other couples yesterday that literally put their heart and soul into it and did a much better job than they got scored. I just feel it's a little bit unreasonable. Some people get praised for minimal and certain people get put down while having put out a lot more than others. Something's off.
    I guess this is the future of DWTS. Disrespectful, butt spanking judges, and people like Mike getting 7s while people who aren't sleazy stunt castings get held to a different level (and of course depending who your pro is). Maks and Tony both have often called CA out on different things, and Maks is probably the biggest vocal critic of the judges. So I can see why they might have a beef with him. Hope this doesn't discourage Maks from coming back Personally, aside from Len, Bruno and especially CA look more idiotic and out of touch with each passing season. CA and her annoying but she thinks it's cute obsession with catching lifts (when she wants to), crying fake tears, and now baby talk. Bruno babbling on in jibberish and sometimes getting downright mean, but getting turned on when someone just shakes their booty out there for the 90 seconds they have. Those two know as much about what they're doing as a flea.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-05-2010 at 07:12 PM.

I'd bet money he's referring to The Situation in regards to being kept on the show. His scores were absurdly high and it's obvious show wants to keep him around a little longer. I fear they might do the same with Bristol as the field narrows some.

The judges being idiots is nothing new and Maks knows that. I don't think it will keep him from coming back nor do I think his comments will keep him from being cast in the future. I do think however show sees 99% of them being expendable and that does include Maks, Tony, Edyta, etc. Show has their faves and if you aren't in the elite circle you will get judged more harshly and your fair share of clunkers.

I think Maks is worrying a bit too much. His scores have actually been very fair thus far so comments aside they are giving them the scores they deserve. Both come with decent fanbases and I can't imagine either being in any realy trouble for weeks. Not so sure they make finale but I feel that way about every other couple as well not named Grey and Derek.

I think this interview sheds some light on what Maks was trying to get Brandy to do and their relationship:

YouTube - Brandy, Maksim Chmerkovskiy Backstage Week 3

I think Brandy & Maks get along fine. There were interviews and packages before last week that showed them happy and enjoying working together. Even Erin said Maks was excited to work with her. Comparing Brandy to Erin or Mel B or anyone else will never work. Erin is a sex symbol in the sports world, and even though she was a bit awkward to me with her height in comparison to say Stacy Kiebler, easily able to covey that sex appeal in dancing. Mel B is walking sex basically so that was easy for her to convey that sexual chemistry with Maks as well. Brandy has never been that. She's never conveyed that in that way as a singer or as an actress. She's never been the sexy diva. She's been the sweet, romantic, innocent in those areas. Her relationship with Maks is the cutesy rubbing his face, pinching his chin, blowing kisses, joking around type thing. If you see her with her brother on their show or in other avenues you'll get it. She's an over-thinker and a people pleaser. She'll want to do something over , get everyone's advice, and obsess over something 'til she gets it right because she wants to do well.

Maks has confidence in her and is working to get her to step outside her head and not get to anxious when learning dances. Also, during judging the apoligizing from last week and stuff is just her wanting to please the judges and hear everything they say to get better. When she was saying the solo was Maks idea he wasn't mad just gave the 'I'm a bad boy' nod. And she gave him a joking upper cut to the chin. I didn't see it as any big thing after I watched it online. Believe me if people think that's Brandy giving attitude they haven't seen her when she does. Brandy may not be everyone's cup of tea but, she is trying to put her all into this. This week Maks was trying to get Brandy to be that take charge sexual dominatrix that gives a guy what for and leads him around on a leash. Like I said Brandy's never been that way or seen herself that way. Maks was trying to bring that out in her. She's trying to keep all the things Maks and the judges are teaching in her head to get better. Maks is trying to get her to focus on one dance, one day, at a time and not overanalyze and over work herself. Brandy's trying do her best for him, keep him excited, keep him from getting discouraged and throttling the judges. I think they could be great friends in the end.JMO

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I also think they get along fine, and more convinced now than I already was after this past week. I don't like comparing a past partner to a new one, because I don't think it's fair. There will never be another Mel or Erin, but he'll still continue to bring me entertainment, and I'm sure there will be other partnerships I'm equally as fond of. He and Brandy aren't quite there for me just yet, but it's still early in the season. Mel and Erin were their own personalities and blended with Maks one way. I actually think Brandy and Maks are so much alike, and she's so hyper in wanting to do well that it comes off as being difficult, a diva, and uncooperative. I feel Brandy can hold her own, so if getting smacked on the butt really bothered her, Maks probably would have had a couple of black eyes Monday night. I think that was more for show and to just prove a point. I'm excited about this coming week, and hope it's a good one. Brandy's fantastic on the dance floor, and she deserves to stick around.

Loved seeing Maks's brother tonight They need to get him on more often. I know he's turned down being a pro, but I love when those two dance together. I could have down without the fake little duel with Mark (they really are desperate to fill up the results shows).

I'd bet money he's referring to The Situation in regards to being kept on the show. His scores were absurdly high and it's obvious show wants to keep him around a little longer. I fear they might do the same with Bristol as the field narrows some.

The judges being idiots is nothing new and Maks knows that. I don't think it will keep him from coming back nor do I think his comments will keep him from being cast in the future. I do think however show sees 99% of them being expendable and that does include Maks, Tony, Edyta, etc. Show has their faves and if you aren't in the elite circle you will get judged more harshly and your fair share of clunkers.

I think Maks is worrying a bit too much. His scores have actually been very fair thus far so comments aside they are giving them the scores they deserve. Both come with decent fanbases and I can't imagine either being in any realy trouble for weeks. Not so sure they make finale but I feel that way about every other couple as well not named Grey and Derek.
    I'm sure he's referring to Mike, and along with him I felt Florence, Margaret, and Bristol were overscored. But Mike was the worst, and deserved to go home. The judges are worse this season than I've ever seen them, mainly CA and Bruno. Len never changes much, and I tend to agree with him more often than the other two. I will agree Brandy's scores have been fair and right on, except her VW (that was deserving of 3 8s, imo). I don't know if I feel he's making an issue of that or just the direction the judging is taking in general. Maks has often been a critic not just of their lack of criticism and scores, but also their antics. Maks is popular and controversial enough, plus seems to have great chemistry on the show, so if he wasn't back next season, I'd have to think it was his own choice.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-06-2010 at 04:09 AM.

Another illuminating interview:

YouTube - Brandy Week 3 Elimination.avi

Perhaps it was all show. Brandy has toned it down, but I think her way of doing that is by letting Maks field all the questions.

Nikki and kara, I enjoyed your perspectives. It's hard not to compare people. I'd not seen this side of Maks, so it makes me wonder what could cause such a change in behavior.

Anyway, I hope that the show keeps them until the finals. At this point, I don't think that they're who the show wants to win. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4077689;

Propping up the Situation as the judges are so obviously doing is probably not only aggravating to Maks' sense of fairness, but also keeps Karina on the show longer, which apparently is still uncomfortable for him. No wonder he's pissed and not enjoying himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4078232;
    Propping up the Situation as the judges are so obviously doing is probably not only aggravating to Maks' sense of fairness, but also keeps Karina on the show longer, which apparently is still uncomfortable for him. No wonder he's pissed and not enjoying himself.
    The show, in my opinion, had to have doled out a pretty penny for Mike. They keep him around to try to a) lure in that demo. (The very obvious change in musical guests and flash on the show hints at that new direction.) b) get their money's worth. He isn't expendable until they've squeezed all the ratings out of him that they can to make up for their investment. Same with Bristol.

From the above article, several interviews, and Maks' general disposition, it seems like he's unhappy that he's affiliated with a show that sold out. To have Karina around, who loves Mike S., is probably aggravating. But he behaved maturely last night in actually going down to the huddle for Cho/Louis. He avoided it like the plague 2 weeks ago.

+ Reply to Thread