+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4066851;
    Oh, I really didn't notice him having attitude last night. And, he's not my favorite, but I do like him way more than his Dad. But then, I even like Louis more than Corky.

And, I do think Mark's a terrific dancer.
    I'm debating whether I dislike Lacey or Corky more Tough call. Mark is down there, though. Either way, I think Bristol should have gotten someone with more patience but maybe it'll work. They seem to be getting along for now. Much like I think Corky will screw it up for Florence, I think Mark will screw it up for Bristol. Plus, we know the judges will overscore them everytime, probably show's orders.

I for one am not watching this time because they cast Bristol. She is NOT a star, she has done nothing to deserve it. Heck my sister had a kid at 16 and married the daddy and 22 years later is still married to him and going to college to be a nurse. My sister got her HS DIPLOMA and didn't settle for a GED just because she had a baby. On top of that, she had a serious gallbladder attack 5 weeks after her baby was born and that was back before the 3 little holes they do now, she was cut from belly button to pelvis. AND she managed to make the honor roll AND graduate WITH her class.

Bristol is not a star and has done nothing to deserve to be noted as such. If this was for ratings, they failed to get mine

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;4067003;
    I for one am not watching this time because they cast Bristol. She is NOT a star, she has done nothing to deserve it. Heck my sister had a kid at 16 and married the daddy and 22 years later is still married to him and going to college to be a nurse. My sister got her HS DIPLOMA and didn't settle for a GED just because she had a baby. On top of that, she had a serious gallbladder attack 5 weeks after her baby was born and that was back before the 3 little holes they do now, she was cut from belly button to pelvis. AND she managed to make the honor roll AND graduate WITH her class.

Bristol is not a star and has done nothing to deserve to be noted as such. If this was for ratings, they failed to get mine
    Tapper,

Congrats to your sister. What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing her triumph.

My only beef against casting Bristol is the same as yours.
    But, DWTS does go for the ratings and the trainwreck factor every season.
    I actually feel the Situation deserves to stay more. I've never watched Jersey Shore, but at least he's done something to deserve a place on the dance floor. Rocky as it might be!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ratings were up from last fall, and they saw higher than average teen viewing. So as long as people tune in, it's working, and we'll probably get Tila Tequila, K-Fed, and Sanjaya next season. There was an article printed before the show that said it made sense for them to dive into reality TV casting and tabloid fixtures. That's who people are talking about and watching. I like just 3 people left-Brandy, Kurt, and Audrina. I have better odds winning the lottery than seeing all 3 of them in the finals. But if/when they're all gone, and I'm left with a final of Mike, Margaret, and Jennifer, I'll still watch. At least I won't care then and find a reason to root for Derek

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4067201;
    But if/when they're all gone, and I'm left with a final of Mike, Margaret, and Jennifer, I'll still watch.
    Heh! That's my preferred final three.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I watch even when I recognize very few contestants, and will probably continue no matter who is on. My favorites so far are Brandy, Kyle, and Audrina, but that's subject to change at any minute!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4067255;
    She has TWO kids? I thought Trig is Bristol's brother ... no?
    Trig is her brother.

Mark must love the exposure he's getting having Bristol as a partner. Things didn't work out career wise for him and Derek as it did Julianne. I've heard of Mark playing various gigs on his own, but do he and Derek have their band anymore?

I watch even when I recognize very few contestants, and will probably continue no matter who is on. My favorites so far are Brandy, Kyle, and Audrina, but that's subject to change at any minute!
    I think where part of my enthusiasm is lacking now is because the show is just old. Nothing new, nothing exciting, same old dances, recycled songs, routines that appear cookie cutter to one seasons ago. The judges haven't changed, you might as well call Brooke Samantha, the band has gotten worse. But with a cast I know and loathe or 12 people I've never hard of, I'll watch until the end. That's the only good thing about not having a favorite, you don't care for the outcome. Hopefully I'll be lucky to have at least one of my faves in the finals, but I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't happen.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-23-2010 at 01:00 AM.

FORT Fogey

So I guess teen pregnancy IS glamorous, huh? Oh, the hypocrisy! I think they went easy on her because she is not a celebrity. But I guess there are a lot of people who will vote for her because that's just how this sort of thing works.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;4067654;
    So I guess teen pregnancy IS glamorous, huh? Oh, the hypocrisy! I think they went easy on her because she is not a celebrity. But I guess there are a lot of people who will vote for her because that's just how this sort of thing works.
    MTV certainly thinks so. Quite honestly, and I know people disagree, but Bristol's in the same category for me as Kate, Mike, Audrina, Kim, and Heather are/were. None of them did anything except get cast on a reality show, make a sex tape, marry a Beatle, and pop out 8 kids and make a mockery of her life. And she's more well known than some others who've been on this show and classified as a "star".

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;4067654;
    Even my untrained eye could see their dance was low on content. There was little to no footwork from Bristol for portions of the dance and if she was genuinely worthy of an 18 Audrina should have had at least a 22 or 23.

I hope they won't coddle her and over-inflate her scores if she shows no improvement.
    She seems like a fairly quiet girl and I don't doubt she was nervous, but the judges need to not go easy on anyone.
    I know we've only seen one dance, but I just don't get the feeling she's going to improve much. Hopefully I'm wrong because I take the same attitude to her as I did to Kate in that, if she must stick around for a few weeks I'd rather she be a competent dancer.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread