+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Bristol just paid $172,000 cash for a home in Arizona. What a brilliant move when we are in the middle of recession and property values are still dropping. Maybe she will run for Senate against McCain? Heh.

FORT Fogey

Buying a home is still one of the best investments a person can make. I suspect at that price it is a condo. Sooner or later all this terrible decline in housing prices will go away, and hopefully she will have made a wise investment.

She might be a good dancer, but she just might have a good head on her shoulders. Just my humble opinion.

Why Arizona, why not Alaska since she professed to be so homesick during the show?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

The 5-bedroom, 4,000 square foot house was built in 2006 for $330,000 and went into foreclosure. According to our local news, this was an extremely sharp investment for Bristol, who reportedly will be attending Arizona State University.

You go, girl!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4132603;
    Why Arizona, why not Alaska since she professed to be so homesick during the show?

Maybe she realized it was better to be warm than cold. Just my opinion.

I hope the rumors are true about her attending school at ASU. Maybe her stint on DWTS did broaden her horrizons a bit and gave her a glimpse of other possibilities for the direction she was going in her life.

2006 was the height of the housing boom so paying half price in some locations is about right. Sounds like she still got a deal. I thought though that you had to be 21 to sign a valid contract; maybe it is 18.

I may not like her mother or the things her mother stands for, and I don't find any of the children particularly interesting either. However, if she makes this work for herself, gets a college education, meets some great friends, has some opportunities without the press tagging along ... I am pleased for her. Other politician's children have been able to do it ... President's children have been able to do it.

If it is true that she is attending school there in near future, I wish her well.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Her dancing aside, Bristol didn't leave me with the best impression of her after DWTS. But she seems like she has a good head on her shoulders. I know her life isn't easy (of course whose is?), but she seems like a strong individual. In saying that, I do think she's got a lot of growing up to do, but I think Bristol will be just fine. I wish her well, whatever her future is. Personally, I think leaving the spotlight and the political spotlight of her family in Alaska would do her a world of good.

I am a Bristol fan and my dad went to ASU so I hope the news is right. I think the purchase was shrewd. The media in Austin when reporting it, made it sound like she was rude and wrong for paying half price and in cash. The double standard rubbed me the wrong way. Lots of us buy real estate with cash and it is a buyers market right now so she probably had her choice of deals on houses. It isn't evil or wrong to pay what the market is worth right now, and not having a mortgage is just smart because she won't have debt. I am a believer that no matter what she does some will dislike her and find fault with it. Go Bristol! Enjoy the Phoenix area (where my Mom's family is from) and enjoy ASU. I think it will be a good move for her to be on her own for awhile and grow into the young lady that she has potential of becoming. She is tough and feisty and I kind of like that, the maturity will come with living life and overcoming it's times of trial and adversity.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4133099;
    Her dancing aside, Bristol didn't leave me with the best impression of her after DWTS. But she seems like she has a good head on her shoulders. I know her life isn't easy (of course whose is?), but she seems like a strong individual. In saying that, I do think she's got a lot of growing up to do, but I think Bristol will be just fine. I wish her well, whatever her future is. Personally, I think leaving the spotlight and the political spotlight of her family in Alaska would do her a world of good.
    I agree with this.....Bristol was living on her own with her child. Supporting herself and it seems she was not getting much from her parents other than knowing they were there for her if she needed them. She was fortunate that she has a loving, caring family, but she seemed not to lean on them.

She was working at a clinic and attending community college, she was also paid I am sure to go to the high schools and other events that wanted to hear her on the topic of teen pregnacy....

So it seems she was not sitting on the sidelines in life and reaping all she could by not getting out there and being productive for herself and her son. She was well on her way to a 4-year college or university anyway.

.....she got the opportunity of a lifetime for her and her child to go on this show and make a lot of money for someone in her situation. Even if she was gone by the second or third week (which I feel she thought was going happen) she would have been a few bucks further ahead than she was.

I feel this girl whether on the show or not would have succeeded in some way or other to make a healthy, loving life for her child....and despite what is said about her mom....this mom is a perfect example of not letting anything or anybody get in your way to become all you want to be......i.e. mayor of a city, governor of a state.....

This show enabled her to do what she probably only dreamed of.......and she earned every cent she made for what she had to endure from some who just could not separate a reality show from politics...

I think it sends out the wrong message to far too many teens out there.
    Get pregnant and be the offspring of a famous person - you can then go on to command upwards of $30,000 per speaking engagement in which you talk about a subject that you clearly never practiced.
    Then, go on to appear on a very popular TV show, DWTS, and stay on long past your true expiry date - you can then go on to purchase a home, cash upfront, and embody those real "family values"! You betcha!

Makes me
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread