+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2565666768697071727374757677 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

What took Bristol (or her ghostwriter) so long? In her defense, I will say Margaret's comments were out of line. So I'll cut her a break, though given how the Palin's react to criticism, I'm sure what she/whoever said was in poor taste. Bristol lost me a long time ago with how entitled she got.

If that happens I will actually be tuning out. I don't like the SYTYCD dance stuff much, so I don't watch it ever. I also generally fast forward through "modern" dance stuff on DWTS. It's not my thing. But I'm drawn to the ballroom stuff. If it starts going the wrong way that would make me tune out when nothing else ever has.
    I've watched SYTYCD on and off before, but it's not my style of show. I can see why people like it, but never understood why DWTS tries to go that route. There two entirely different shows and concepts, including what the outcome means. I've been disappointed how far DWTS has gotten from its early seasons, but thank god for Youtube. At least I can go back to the good days if I ever tune this show out completely. Practically every pro added since season 5 have been in their 20s, except Fabian Sanchez-and he hasn't been brought back since. I'm not 100% sure if I see the show replacing it's older pros, as they're all pretty popular and staples of the show (some of them), but I also know no pro is irreplaciable on this show. I wouldn't mind some new pros added, just to add a change, but someone who's more traditional and less flashy and full of rule breaking. DWTS has typically failed to get the younger demographic, except this season, but I don't think they'll be back next season in full force, unless someone is cast that generates interest. I know the show started seeing a ratings slide starting season 6, though ratings were up season 10 slightly. I wish they'd cast people who could generate the same interest as Bristol, but actually be a star and be less controversial. I dread another season that has a fanbase like the Tea Party attached to it. Much like it's previous ratings slide, I think the show does it to themselves more than people being bored with the format. DWTS will end eventually, but how long is the question.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4120823;
    The real kicker in that FB post is the tacky and ultimately lame lesbian joke at the end, which involves K.D. Lang and the Indigo Girls, who Bristol is too young to even know about.

Bristol's ghostwriter is too lazy to even try and sound like her. It's just pathetic.
    Exactly!! I truly find myself "befuddled" by the Palin camp -- do they really think that the general public is that uninformed....or are they just that stupid?? (And I am NOT trying to be rude when I say that.) WHO is advising them?? The whole family scares me to death, especially if we should one day find them as our fearless/ful leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi;4120815;
    Bristol's facebook reply to Margaret Cho is obnoxious....as IF anyone would believe that Bristol actually composed such sentences!! I keep thinking that Bristol and the Palins cannot look any WORSE, and then another ridiculous showing appears from Alaska -- does the cold temperature REALLY freeze brain cells??

They certainly have enough money to hire decent advisors to avoid such embarrassment -- what then, exactly, are they doing with all of Sarah's cash??
    What I found particularly ridiculous is how Bristol starts off her blog by saying that she isn't the one in the family to talk politics with, yet goes on to make a few very pointed political pitches later on, totally contradicting her earlier assertion.

However, I disagree that this is an embarrassment to anyone who is already a fan of the Palins. I imagine that the same people who believed that sweet charming Bristol was such a graceful, hard-working and entertaining dancer will have no problem also believing that she is capable of writing prose that is so clearly beyond her intellectual, educational and maturity level.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4121066;
    What I found particularly ridiculous is how Bristol starts off her blog by saying that she isn't the one in the family to talk politics with, yet goes on to make a few very pointed political pitches later on, totally contradicting her earlier assertion.

However, I disagree that this is an embarrassment to anyone who is already a fan of the Palins. I imagine that the same people who believed that sweet charming Bristol was such a graceful, hard-working and entertaining dancer will have no problem also believing that she is capable of writing prose that is so clearly beyond her intellectual, educational and maturity level.
    True -- this is why Bristol can be so lazy about having a ghostwriter who sounds like a 50-year old man, and Mama Grizzly can go on saying as many crazy, irresponsible things as she pleases: a vast segment of their followers are cult-like, and will swallow up and defend anything that comes out of the Palin camp, because they feel their own views (or fears in the place of actual views) are being given validation at a national level.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Sarah Palin with Willow and Piper (I guess Bristol got to stay home) is taking Kate Gosslin and the kids camping in Alaska. Now there is an image!
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

The Clicker - 'Dancing' fans complained to FCC about Bristol's success

'Dancing' fans complained to FCC about Bristol's success

Ree Hines writes:When Bristol Palin’s “Dancing With the Stars” streak took her further than some viewers believed was fair, those fans complained. No doubt many of them took their gripes to water coolers, blogs and social networking sites, but according to the Smoking Gun, others took them all the way to the Federal Communications Commission.

Among the complaints sent to the FCC were accusations of rigged votes, Tea Party collusion and at least one claim that the dance contest was “encouraging and promoting teen pregnancy by allowing Bristol Palin to compete for the trophy.”

All of the objections published to the Smoking Gun were filed with the FCC on Nov. 17, the day after frequent top-scorer Brandy got the ballroom boot despite dancing better than Palin did during the show’s semifinals. And according to one fan, Brandy wasn’t the only one who could have outperformed Palin in a ballroom battle.

“My 96-year-old mother-in-law can dance better than Ms. Palin,” the viewer said in a complaint lodged with the FCC.

Palin wasn’t the only on-air personality to earn a mention in the various federal documents. “Dancing” judge Carrie Ann Inaba inspired more than one viewer to write in due to her choice to give the teen-mom-turned-abstinence-advocate a post-dance hug.

“This unfair treatment was a very deliberate act on the part of the management of ‘Dancing With the Stars,’ as no other dancer was called over for a hug,” one complaint read. “The (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) has very strict rules about this and I want this adhered to over the airwaves. This hug was a signal for the GOP/Tea Party supporters of Sarah Palin to ‘stuff’ the vote for Bristol Palin…”

Despite the complaints, Palin waltzed her way to the finals and a third-place finish.

Appears that source documents to the story appear here ...

Bristol Palin FCC Letters | The Smoking Gun

My, my ... such a worthy use of our limited tax resources! Geesh ... lol

All I know for certain is that ABC/DWTS producers are sitting pretty with all this attention given to such a silly TV show.

I have to wonder if ABC isn't the teeniest bit sorry they cast Bristol, attention, ratings, and money aside. CA (one of their own on the show) spoke out, saying that casting Bristol was too much drama (assuming she doesn't come out and say her words got twisted). And there's been things said that the producers were surprised Bristol going so far caused so much backlash. I've never seen anyone cause so much damage control. Perhaps Kate would have had she lasted any longer than she did (as I think she's about the worst dancer this show has ever had). But Kate didn't have the politics behind her. I doubt next season will be controversy and stunt free, but I think whoever fills that slot probably will be guaranteed a somewhat early exit. Long enough to cause pre-show buzz and get the season underway, but gone soon enough so there's not Bristol part 2. The show won't completely get back credibility, and will probably lose more and more each season if people think something's not right. The stunt casting went too far this time.

I welcome a Bristol part 2 as long as he or she dances as well as Bristol.

Said this before and I will say this again ... plenty of people I know voted for Bristol and not one for political reasoning; instead, casting votes for a young girl struggling to compete against professional entertainers, many with previous dance experience. Of those people noted, a good half are new viewers that will most likely tune in next season.

Although are some that prefer otherwise, how can it be that ABC is less than elated with the huge boost to the show's (previously lagging) ratings, in addition to the extraordinary press attention? We are, after all, discussing reality TV and, instead of the production/network manufacturing controversy, a vocal minority of viewers manufactured it for the network and the public at large.

I tend to lean middle right and can't stand Sarah Palin. She is just what the left needs to caricaturize the right. Go away Sarah Palin. I can no more relate to her than to Joy Bahar who is the most closed minded person I can think of on the left. But at least she is entertaining. I sometimes think that Sarah is a plant by the left to demonize the right, lol. I hate that polarizing politics is in everything we do these days. Why can't we all just get along

+ Reply to Thread