+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1959606162636465666768697071727374757677 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

FORT Fan

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4113544;
    Bristol's middle finger comment said it all. Good riddance.
    Pure class from Sarah's spawn!! And don't you LOVE how it has been played over and over and over....even on Good Morning America!!!!

Sarah was most likely proud of her "gesture". Apples never fall far from their tree....

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi;4113698;
    Pure class from Sarah's spawn!! And don't you LOVE how it has been played over and over and over....even on Good Morning America!!!!

Sarah was most likely proud of her "gesture". Apples never fall far from their tree....
    what did I miss about he middle finger?? could somebody refresh this aging memory?
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi;4113698;

That's where Bristol got all the talk about "haters," too. Sad ... and very disturbing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4113682;
    I hate the word "haters" just because it's overused, and by saying it it's like she really doesn't get why people aren't rooting for her. True, I'm not going to say people wouldn't vote for her because she's a Palin, or that people literally hate her and her mother and are probably behind these campaigns of shooting their TVs and sending death threats (or maybe it's people who were rooting for her and wanted to rile her voting base even more-who knows).

But, while I think Bristol got a little entitled towards the end, and really believed her own hype, I don't think everyone who thought she didn't deserve to be in the finals was a "hater". Admittedly, if we were basing it on the dancing aspect, Kyle shouldn't have been there, either. And he wasn't a favorite of mine early on, but it doesn't mean I'm a hater because of it. I don't think Bristol deserved the finals, and most of my disappointment is more with the show's treatment of her. I do hope they learned their lesson, though I'm sure they're still reeling in all the ratings glory. Hopefully it was worth it if they realize they're in trouble next time.
    Realistically, if I were Bristol and especially Bristol at 20 years old viewing life and the ways that some people can behave through eyes at that age, and some guy shot his TV out because I did not get voted off, I would think he hated me, too.
    If I were Bristol - in the same set of circumstances - and some person sent a powdery substance through the mail meant to insinuate that it was a deadly, threatening substance, again I would think that person "hated" me since I had not gotten voted off and because I was my mother's daughter.

She doesn't dance well, but I see nothing to indicate that she is stupid. She apparently recognizes sentiments commonly associate with hatred.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4113715;
    what did I miss about he middle finger?? could somebody refresh this aging memory?
    Bristol said her winning would give the middle finger to the haters. She also described the haters as everyone who did not think she deserved to be there. That comment is clearly not limited to the isolated individuals who sent the letter and shot out his TV.

That means everyone who legitimately criticized her lack of ability to dance based upon the facts that she is a relatively mediocre to poor dancer. It gives no one room to have a fact based, legitimate criticism without being called a hater.

It is highly divisive and it is, indeed, very similar to the way her mother addresses fact based, legitimate criticism regarding her lack of knowledge about political issues which is her chosen profession.

And if Bristol isn't mature enough to have handled this experience, she had no business being there in the first place.

ETA: And Bristol made comments about haters a few times last night so it wasn't just one comment. In fact, Bristol said the "haters were out to destroy her" even before that package was sent to ABC. The factual timeline is clear in the media thread where Anders posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4108665;
    Last edited by chrisg; 11-24-2010 at 04:51 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4113731;
    Bristol said her winning would give the middle finger to everyone who did not think she deserved to be there. That comment is clearly not limited to the isolated individuals who sent the letter and shot out his TV.

That means everyone who legitimately criticized her lack of ability to dance based upon the facts that she is a relatively mediocre to poor dancer. It gives no one room to have a fact based, legitimate criticism without being called a hater.

It is highly divisive and it is, indeed, exactly the way her mother addresses fact based, legitimate criticism regarding her lack of knowledge about political issues.

And I could care less how old Bristol is. If she isn't mature enough to handle the experience, she never should have been there in the first place.

WOW - that's very crass of her...but somehow I'm not surprised. When the season began, I kinda felt sorry for her, that she was just a shy girl that had bitten off more than she could chew as she was such a horrible dancer (I had Kate flashbacks... not pretty) and she was going to take a lot of criticism. Now her true colours are showing through as IMO she's not so much shy as she's a sullen, spoiled, entitled brat that has a real biotch side to her. Isn't it funny how time seems to uncover the truth
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit

I do think it must be tough to deal with some of the comments, actions taken, etc. But, in no way do I think she should have made that comment about the "haters." It was just totally unnecessary and divisive.
    I compared it to the comments her mother made at the rally I saw her in prior to the election.
    I guess neither remembered that comment from childhood,"sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never harm me."
    Neither one appears to care to rise above the detractors, but just stir the pot even more.
    Perhaps that is a strong reason why there are so many detractors?!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4113741;
    I do think it must be tough to deal with some of the comments, actions taken, etc. But, in no way do I think she should have made that comment about the "haters." It was just totally unnecessary and divisive.
    I compared it to the comments her mother made at the rally I saw her in prior to the election.
    I guess neither remembered that comment from childhood,"sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never harm me."
    Neither one appears to care to rise above the detractors, but just stir the pot even more.
    Perhaps that is a strong reason why there are so many detractors?!!
    I think people who will classify anybody who dares to not like them, "haters" has an over-inflated ego and is quite vain. I know I never hated her, but I have grown to dislike her over the season, mostly due to what she's said, and how she acts and her mothers political wooing of votes irked me too.

Sadly, it seems, that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Bristol had media report after media report saying that she was terrible (she is not by the way, not as good as Jennifer, equal to Kyle, not terrible.) There is someone moved in next door, watching every move they make to write tell all book. I don't think people who question her dancing are haters as long as their criticism comes from a genuine opinion or belief that she doesn't dance well. But some of the comments on the ends of these media reports call her names, judge her on her baby, and call her ugly, nasty names. Those are who I think she is referring to. As well as those who continue to hammer away in the press that the Tea Party did a conspiracy to get her there. I personally don't have a problem with what she said. I would've felt the same way in her place. I am not sure I would have said it aloud, but I certainly would have felt it in my heart or expressed it to Mark.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

+ Reply to Thread