+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 185859606162636465666768697071727374757677 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Bristol's Jive did not deserve 9's. There were no kicks and flicks as Len always looks for. I have no idea how they can justify giving her such scores.

Her freestyle was above her abilities, and I blame that on Mark. He should have designed something more suited to her actual abilities.

FORT Newbie

I do not have anything personal against Bristol. I do not think she is a good dancer in any way, shape, or form. She is not even enjoyable to watch. Her mother is a polarizing figure, which is ultimately, in my opinion, what this is about. That and our society's fascination with mediocracy.

Please remember, you are not permitted to pass comment about other site members.
    Reality show contestants are fair game.

From our rules:
    Along the same lines, comments like "you must be deaf if you don't hear what I hear", "anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot", and so on are not acceptable.
    Commenting as to whether people who disagree with you watched the same show falls under that umbrella.

Last edited by The Mod Team; 11-23-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4112374;
    Bristol's Jive did not deserve 9's. There were no kicks and flicks as Len always looks for. I have no idea how they can justify giving her such scores.

Her freestyle was above her abilities, and I blame that on Mark. He should have designed something more suited to her actual abilities.
    I said this in Kyle's thread, but I was disappointed in Len's scoring last night.

I think he's the one we all look to for unbiased commentary and scoring, but he's lost that this season, imo.
    I wish I could remember his scoring formula from early in the seaosn because I think there were a number of times when Bristol in particular was scored higher than his own chart dictated.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sorry Bristol, you should have been dumped weeks ago as you don't deserve to be in the finales despite your efforts to improve. I will give you credit for working hard and learning the techniques the best you know how, but no way are you the best dancer in this season. You are perfect example of the flawed voting system and that winning the DWTS Mirror ball trophy doesn't necessarily mean it is based on . . . what you know . . . but who you know!

Good luck to you in your private life in Alaska Bristol! Oh . . . but you are a Palin and will never live your life in private! >insert snark here<

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4111216;
    There was only a 4 point difference in scores (57 to 53), and they received the same score for their respective pasos, which is what I found ridiculous. I would like to have seen, although it would never happen, Bristol attempt Brandy's choreography and vice versa, and see whether the judges would have found the ladies' efforts comparable then. Perhaps Maks should have just dumbed down the routine, so Brandy could have scored a perfect 30 for posing, stomping and swirling her skirt.
    Season 9, F4,

Mya 87
    Joanna 81 ELIMINATED
    Kelly 78
    Donny 74 WINNER S9

I don't think anyone screamed at that outcome.

Bristol's middle finger comment said it all. Good riddance.

FORT Fogey

I thought Bristol did well last night. She ended in 3rd where she should have of the 3 couples, and I think she was satisfied with that.
    I can't blame her for calling people "haters". There are many people who do literally hater her mother and Bristol by association, and unfortunately "haters" is part of the youth lingo.

Personally, I hope that the producers forego hiring any more controversial political type contestants. Hopefully, they have learned from this experience, and the rest of us do not have to go through all of this again.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Spot on, Bloomers, as usual!!

We can only hope the producers learned their lessons, and will not inflict us with spouses, children, or other close relatives of political figures. It's just not fair to the rest of the contestants, since they are bound to drum up another repeat of what we, sadly, have just experienced.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I hate the word "haters" just because it's overused, and by saying it it's like she really doesn't get why people aren't rooting for her. True, I'm not going to say people wouldn't vote for her because she's a Palin, or that people literally hate her and her mother and are probably behind these campaigns of shooting their TVs and sending death threats (or maybe it's people who were rooting for her and wanted to rile her voting base even more-who knows).

But, while I think Bristol got a little entitled towards the end, and really believed her own hype, I don't think everyone who thought she didn't deserve to be in the finals was a "hater". Admittedly, if we were basing it on the dancing aspect, Kyle shouldn't have been there, either. And he wasn't a favorite of mine early on, but it doesn't mean I'm a hater because of it. I don't think Bristol deserved the finals, and most of my disappointment is more with the show's treatment of her. I do hope they learned their lesson, though I'm sure they're still reeling in all the ratings glory. Hopefully it was worth it if they realize they're in trouble next time.

+ Reply to Thread