+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This is just my opinion of course. It seems that a lot of Bristol supporters can only come up with one reason to justify her beating out Brandi last week. They bring up that she "has improved so much". I am sorry, but I don't think she has improved as much as she should of by now. Surely, she has improved somewhat, as would naturally occur for anyone who dances as much as they have in order to prepare for each week's show. I do agree that there were certain dances, where Bristol improved a lot, like the week before last week. But last week's dance was very plain IMO, and reminded me of her very early dances in which she was very stiff and lacked emotion. I do think the choreography had a large part in that, and whoever choreographed that for her is partly to blame.

I guess I just don't buy the "she has improved" excuse as reason enough to beat out Brandi who got a perfect 30 score last week. Comparing the judges score to Bristol's last place score provides an indication of how the judges felt, and to which I agree. I think using the "she has improved" excuse is just trying to justify how in the world she could have survived. I think other dancers, like Kyle, have improved much more than Bristol. I am also not sure if how much someone has improved should even be a consideration in this.

Lets take an example. Lets say we started with a really horrible + horrific dancer, and they "greatly improved" to just an awful dancer. Should that even be a reason to want to keep someone over another dancer that seemed to do great and got a perfect score by the judges? If we had to eliminate how much someone improves as criteria to consider, what would that leave for Bristol? Her dancing skills?

Anyway, none of this matters, but I still cannot believe she got to stay again after the dancing that I witnessed last week. I have to repeat that I do like Bristol, and on a personal level, I like her more than Brandi, but I'm trying to be realistic here regarding true dancing skills, and I just can't send my vote Bristol's way.

It would be interesting to see Sarah try DWTS. It would be interesting to see how well Sarah does in comparison. I'm wondering if maybe the show has already propositioned Sarah about next year.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker;4110678;
    This is just my opinion of course. It seems that a lot of Bristol supporters can only come up with one reason to justify her beating out Brandi last week. They bring up that she "has improved so much". I am sorry, but I don't think she has improved as much as she should of by now. Surely, she has improved somewhat, as would naturally occur for anyone who dances as much as they have in order to prepare for each week's show. I do agree that there were certain dances, where Bristol improved a lot, like the week before last week. But last week's dance was very plain IMO, and reminded me of her very early dances in which she was very stiff and lacked emotion. I do think the choreography had a large part in that, and whoever choreographed that for her is partly to blame.

I guess I just don't buy the "she has improved" excuse as reason enough to beat out Brandi who got a perfect 30 score last week. Comparing the judges score to Bristol's last place score provides an indication of how the judges felt, and to which I agree. I think using the "she has improved" excuse is just trying to justify how in the world she could have survived. I think other dancers, like Kyle, have improved much more than Bristol. I am also not sure if how much someone has improved should even be a consideration in this.

Lets take an example. Lets say we started with a really horrible + horrific dancer, and they "greatly improved" to just an awful dancer. Should that even be a reason to want to keep someone over another dancer that seemed to do great and got a perfect score by the judges? If we had to eliminate how much someone improves as criteria to consider, what would that leave for Bristol? Her dancing skills?

Anyway, none of this matters, but I still cannot believe she got to stay again after the dancing that I witnessed last week. I have to repeat that I do like Bristol, and on a personal level, I like her more than Brandi, but I'm trying to be realistic here regarding true dancing skills, and I just can't send my vote Bristol's way.

It would be interesting to see Sarah try DWTS. It would be interesting to see how well Sarah does in comparison. I'm wondering if maybe the show has already propositioned Sarah about next year.
    I think Sarah will be quite busy next year with a more important agenda than what DWTS has to offer........

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker;4110678;

I said at the beginning of the season that I thought it was really Sarah they wanted - not Bristol. THere was no way they were going to get Sarah, so they settled for Bristol.

Now, the way I look at the idea of Bristol beating out Brandi is that Bristol was one of 4 dancers - each who had a fan base the other night. It wasn't simply Bristol against Brandi. However, each fan group voted, and the one who came up short was the one's whose tenure ended that night. Because Brandi's group was the smallest, we unfortunately lost Brandi.
    Although Bristol doesn't dance as well as Brandi - imo- that isn't Bristol's fault that Brandi didn't have a large enough fan base to beat out any of the other three contestants - Jennifer, Kyle, or Bristol - in order to stay in the running.

BTW, I though Brandi would be in the F2, but that is not always the way this show operates. I have seen a very good dancer leave at F3 or F4 several times.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Newbie
    I totally agree with Jeff Probst about the Palin Factor. There have been numerous contestants who have not been good dancers and have improved some. However, it gets to a point in the competition when the judges, particularly Len, say in so many words, "It's been fun but you're out of your league now" type of thing and give them really low scores. She's not gotten those low scores that I can see. Probst has it correct.

On a separate note, I think Bristol's age, lack of life experiences, and general immaturity are making it difficult to see her continue to win when it's clear that better dancers are getting the boot. (The FB deal with her sister and her mouthing off.) If she was not so smug, it would be far easier to see her continue to win when her dancing is so poor. When Erin Andrews made it to the final three and found out she finished third place, she was very gracious, in my opinion, saying, "You know what? I knew it was going to be between these two (referring the the two finalists)" and went on to say what a wonderful experience DWTS had been.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-21-2010 at 04:43 PM.

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OneSillyGirl!;4110692;
    I totally agree with Jeff Probst about the Palin Factor. There have been numerous contestants who have not been good dancers and have improved some. However, it gets to a point in the competition when the judges, particularly Len, say in so many words, "It's been fun but you're out of your league now" type of thing and give them really low scores. She's not gotten those low scores that I can see. Probst has it correct.

On a separate note, I think Bristol's age, lack of life experiences, and general immaturity are making it difficult to see her continue to win when it's clear that better dancers are getting the boot. (The FB deal with her sister and her mouthing off.) If she was not so smug, it would be far easier to see her continue to win when her dancing is so poor. When Erin Andrews made it to the final three and found out she finished third place, she was very gracious, in my opinion, saying, "You know what? I knew it was going to be between these two (referring the the two finalists)" and went on to say what a wonderful experience DWTS had been.
    I am curious to see if she does not win, how gracious Bristol will be in defeat. So far, she hasn't exhibited much humility (family trait or immaturity?), which I think if she had, might have made her more palatable to me and many others. I hope somebody coaches her a bit on how to handle it if she loses, unless she is so convinced that she isn't going to, that it won't be necessary.

FORT Newbie

I forecast that she is going to be in poor form either way, whether winner or loser.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

How she handles the post show interviews Wednesday is what I'm looking forward to. Obviously they're going to have to address the scandal that surrounded her sticking around. I don't know if Bristol will take to winning bad. Being called 'the worst winner ever' probably won't sit well, but she'll have her mirrorball, and any opportunities the show gives her (which may or may not have to do with her Palin status). Going out in 3rd, if the judges really stick it to her, and she gets scores she doesn't agree with, and she really believes she's the one getting a raw deal, and really thought she was going to win? Yeah, I don't think she'll take it very well. We may see more emotion from her in that moment than we have all season. I'm sure the audience will be encouraged to give her a standing O. If she won, I'm more curious the reaction in the ballroom. The standing O may not be for effort I'm wondering how Mark will take it, and whether he'll really unleash after the season.

I didn't know that the Palin's new show was a Mark Burnett production. I read elsewhere on the site that not only did the show want Sarah, but also Todd? I guess Bristol was as far down the chain they could go while maintaining a sliver of credibility that she was a star.

FORT Newbie

I don't question Bristol for still being here due to fan votes. No matter if it is political, the underdog factor, she is most improved, her rational that she is relatable etc. Everyone has a say when they vote and she has recieved enough fan support to stay. What I do question is the judges scores. How can her score be even close to the other contestants. That pays a role in the final outcome and the judges are feeding right into her still being here. Why have they not been interviewed/questioned or given a statement?

FORT Newbie

The judges have yet "to give it to her" in my opinion. They score her very similar to the others. She even had the same score as one of Brandy's dances last week. I wish they would explain that.

FORT Fan

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

When Bristol does NOT win, this will be her response....

"This sucks! The judges suck! The voters suck! The others dancers suck and haven't improved like I have!"

+ Reply to Thread