+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by MidasTouch;4109391;
    Bristol does not owe me or you any apology. She only owes the people she said those things to an apology. Willow's comments were of a different nature, so a broader apology would be appropriate.

Also, that sort of language is very popular with high schools kids today. Should Willow (not Bristol) say something about the homophobic language? Yes, but in all honesty, as a gay man, I think there are much more important things to do than to get outraged over this.

thank you Midas...............what were people nosing around in some kids facebook anyway? If she was off the show would this would not even had been an issue?

No they are trying to make this girl something she is not to make a point....and it is cruel and shows utter bitterness with some people to go snooping around in another person's life to bring up more hate in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4109176;
    I feel sorry for Bristol because her mother put her own career in front of her vulnerable, pregnant daughter's well-being when she accepted the VP nomination. She threw Bristol to the meat-grinders. Yet she tries to pose as the perfect Mom of a Christian family. That's why I don't like Sarah Palin...when push came to shove, she shoved her own daughter out of the way in favor of her personal ambitions.
    Major word to this. The selfishness and self entitlement reflected in Mrs. Palin's choice is something that I hold her more in contempt for than any of her screwy political positions. And frankly, I'm shocked that more people who consider family so important don't see how inappropriate her acceptance of the VP nomination at that particular time was.

It's also no surprise that Bristol, with a little bit of encouragement, seems to have developed the same sense of self entitlement (and lack of humility) that her mother has. The coincidental parallels between Sarah's "earning" the VP nomination and Bristol's "earning" a place in the finale, despite the questionable qualifications of both, is actually rather extraordinary.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4109406;
    Major word to this. The selfishness and self entitlement reflected in Mrs. Palin's choice is something that I hold her more in contempt for than any of her screwy political positions. And frankly, I'm shocked that more people who consider family so important don't see how inappropriate her acceptance of the VP nomination at that particular time was.

It's also no surprise that Bristol, with a little bit of encouragement, seems to have developed the same sense of self entitlement (and lack of humility) that her mother has. The coincidental parallels between Sarah's "earning" the VP nomination and Bristol's "earning" a place in the finale, despite the questionable qualifications of both, is actually rather extraordinary.
    I don't know what Sarah Palin accepting the V.P. position has to do with Bristol dancing on a reality show?

I don't see "entitlement" with this girl. I see a girl who is working her butt off on a reality show that is about dancing.....

..she is not a show business person, not anywhere near a political person,but an all around nice girl who gave it a shot, and thanks to Mark who did wonders with her she is doing a wonderful job..

..and 2 million people got together to vote (Rep & Dem) to say they thought she deserves to be where she is for now.

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4109431;
    ..and 2 million people got together to vote (Rep & Dem) to say they thought she deserves to be where she is for now.
    I hesitate to invoke Godwin's law, so I will invoke the popularity of McDonalds to point out that just because a large number of people give something a big thumbs up doesn't make it palatable.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4109437;
    I hesitate to invoke Godwin's law, so I will invoke the popularity of McDonalds to point out that just because a large number of people give something a big thumbs up doesn't make it palatable.
    I hesitate to point out the obvious, but it does to them! That comes from someone who is not particularly fond of McDonald hamburgers.
    Everything is relative and a matter of perspective. I can't discount something as not palatable when there are millions of people to whom it is. I can only say it is not palatable to me.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

The bottom line, in my humble opinion, is that the name of this show is "Dancing with the Stars." Perhaps stars of a lesser brightness these days, but Bristol Palin does not fit into this definition by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4109461;
    The bottom line, in my humble opinion, is that the name of this show is "Dancing with the Stars." Perhaps stars of a lesser brightness these days, but Bristol Palin does not fit into this definition by any stretch of the imagination.
    Happens every season – and it wouldn’t shock me if they decided to continue with children of political figures. I do believe Bristol brought even more controversy than Kate did. And it wouldn’t shock me to see a crossover to the Bachelorette, starring Ms. Palin.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4109431;
    I don't know what Sarah Palin accepting the V.P. position has to do with Bristol dancing on a reality show?

I don't see "entitlement" with this girl. I see a girl who is working her butt off on a reality show that is about dancing.....

..she is not a show business person, not anywhere near a political person,but an all around nice girl who gave it a shot, and thanks to Mark who did wonders with her she is doing a wonderful job..

The parallel has to do with Sarah Palin accepting an offered nomination (despite the less than ideal timing) for a position many believed she was barely qualified for, and showing not an ounce of humility, but rather, a sense of entitlement that the offer itself was proof that she deserved/earned it. Likewise, Bristol is showing that making the finals despite many believing she lacks the proper qualifications for it, also evokes in her not an ounce of humility, but the same sense of entitlement that she has fully earned her place and more. Like mother, like daughter.

not only that -Bristol's has been at the bottom of the leaderboard throughout the season (no matter how much they have inflated her scores), that tells us even the judges know she's clearly not as good as the others.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4109465;
    Happens every season – and it wouldn’t shock me if they decided to continue with children of political figures. I do believe Bristol brought even more controversy than Kate did. And it wouldn’t shock me to see a crossover to the Bachelorette, starring Ms. Palin.
    Gag me with a spoon!! If she is Bachelorette there truly is no justice.

+ Reply to Thread