+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

FORT Regular

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4108193;
    I went to this site. This is not a reputable political site. It's some guys from Chicago blogging about politics - their version - and restaurants. There are thousands of sites like this, espousing all political views. I'm not going to take this as gospel. If you look around I'll bet you can find another one that takes the opposite approach completely.

IMO serious DWTS viewers should ignore stuff like this.

Whatever happens, at this point, I doubt Bristol will go back to Wasilla right away. I wasn't a big Mark fan, but I admire the way he's worked with her. She's probably had to lean on him a lot. Just think of the horrible things being said about her. How can she not hurt from all of that? Maybe I'd feel different if I wasn't around kids her age.

Do I think she deserves to be in the finals? Maks said it all. IMO it's a popularity contest. Do I think she deserves to win? No. Jennifer is the better dancer, and Kyle's worked harder.
    When next Monday night comes, as soon as Dancing With the Stars begins, try going to the following URL (unless they have removed it because they are scared that too many other viewers have found out what they are doing):

Bristol Palin Dancing with the Stars Watch Party Thread HillBuzz.org

Read how they recommend to begin calling to vote for Bristol A FEW MINUTES AFTER THE SHOW STARTS without even seeing Bristol perform. Then when they have used as many phone calls as possible, it is suggested they go to the ABC website after the show ends where they can use as many ID's as they can set up for voting (probably only three or four votes per ID next Monday). They claim one person can eventually enter hundreds of votes.

If you multiple all of the above by maybe 10,000 people or maybe more, that is a LOT of "extra" votes. Last time I tried to vote the entire voting screen had crashed for quite a while, so they might also be keeping a lot of others from voting for opposing candidates by just flooding the system.

It is not fair for ONE PERSON TO VOTE dozens and dozens of times, especially when some don't even watch the show.

Maybe we could lobby for a system were you have to sign up BEFORE the show series starts and be limited to only one chance to vote per week. Hopefully they could have something that requires both the email address and telephone number to be part of the login security ID. That would allow only one vote per email address/telephone number. They could require that the person use either the email address OR telephone to vote. Either way that could cancel the other option (email address or telephone). Most of us don't have more than two telephone numbers or two email addresses. To use the same email address OR telephone number a second time would not be allowed even if in different combination. Newcomers could be added as the show progresses if they sign in with the approved email address/telephone number combination. Most of us don't have more than two telephone numbers or two email addresses. To use the same email address OR telephone number a second time would not be allowed even if in different combination.
    Last edited by moondust222; 11-18-2010 at 12:55 AM. Reason: mistake

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4108193;
    I went to this site. This is not a reputable political site. It's some guys from Chicago blogging about politics - their version - and restaurants. There are thousands of sites like this, espousing all political views. I'm not going to take this as gospel. If you look around I'll bet you can find another one that takes the opposite approach completely.

IMO serious DWTS viewers should ignore stuff like this.

Whatever happens, at this point, I doubt Bristol will go back to Wasilla right away. I wasn't a big Mark fan, but I admire the way he's worked with her. She's probably had to lean on him a lot. Just think of the horrible things being said about her. How can she not hurt from all of that? Maybe I'd feel different if I wasn't around kids her age.

Do I think she deserves to be in the finals? Maks said it all. IMO it's a popularity contest. Do I think she deserves to win? No. Jennifer is the better dancer, and Kyle's worked harder.
    The information on how to vote multiple times for Bristol has been removed from the above website. Whether permanently or just until next Monday remains to be seen.

FORT Fogey

I suppose Bristol has all the 18+ Republicans AND all the tween girls under 18 voting for her.

That's a unique and powerful mix. Who knows....she may take it. If that doesn't get the show to change a few things, nothing will.

Quote Originally Posted by moondust222;4108392;
    When next Monday night comes, as soon as Dancing With the Stars begins, try going to the following URL (unless they have removed it because they are scared that too many other viewers have found out what they are doing):

Bristol Palin Dancing with the Stars Watch Party Thread HillBuzz.org

Read how they recommend to begin calling to vote for Bristol A FEW MINUTES AFTER THE SHOW STARTS without even seeing Bristol perform. Then when they have used as many phone calls as possible, it is suggested they go to the ABC website after the show ends where they can use as many ID's as they can set up for voting (probably only three or four votes per ID next Monday). They claim one person can eventually enter hundreds of votes.
    Snipped your post for brevity. I had a few comments on this, as you raise a lot of interesting discussion points. In terms of HillBuzz, I don't think they'll be removing anything. I first saw that blog entry on CNN this evening during a segment about it on Wolf Blitzer's show. They even interviewed the webmaster, albeit briefly. He was obviously proud of it, and not interested in hiding anything about it. The interview snippet had a large picture of him and his name as well.

I read some of the comments at the blog, and read some in earlier threads they had for the show as well. Most of the ones I read, the people said they watched the show. I saw a few who didn't, but more watched than not. If they are watching, then I see no issue with that. I do agree that the people not watching should not vote, no matter who it is they are supporting. Missing an episode and still voting I have no problem with, but not seeing it at all and voting, yeah, I agree that is wrong.

I just honestly don't think 10,000 people or more are doing that. We'll never know for sure, but I just can't imagine that many people going to that much trouble just because some blog or website told them to do it, particularly when ABC's website is a pain in the rear to navigate on the best of days.

I do know the issue of one person casting hundreds of votes has been going on since the show started, not just with Bristol. Happened with Shawn, Melissa, Kristi, Gilles, Mel B., Donny, etc. There were entire websites for various contestants with sections on how to vote en masse, how to "cheat" the system, etc. Amazing to me people have the patience to mess with all that. The most I've ever managed online was voting with 5 or 6 (legit) email addresses after the performance night of the finale of Season 5, because I adored Helio.

I understand people are upset about the way this season has gone with Bristol, but if you want real shenanigans, Season 1 with Kelly Monaco outdid them all. It was shameful. She at the time (and again now) was part of an ABC soap's so-called "super couple." Super couple fans know how to rig polls and voting systems like nobody else on the planet, IMO. I honestly do not believe there will ever again be as much voting funny business going on as went on that season, much of which was planned out behind the doors of closed-to-public-viewing forums. Now, no way were all of her fans or all super couple fans involved in that. But to this day, I believe the vote was rigged for her by both the network (she was a huge network "pet' at the time) and segments of her couple's fanbase.

As far as calling early right after the show starts: I'll admit I'm guilty of that big time myself. Whenever I'm actually home for the show, if I have one set favorite, I vote early in the show. I did this with Kurt after week 1 this season, and I did this for Evan every week last season. When you definitely know who you like, and you don't believe in vote splitting, it's just easier to vote earlier in the show when the lines aren't as clogged. Is it fair to other dancers? Not really, but if you're a huge fan of someone, and you aren't really interested in giving anyone else a chance, it's easier this way. Hopefully that makes sense.

I also get your point about limiting the votes in a better way, but they won't do it, IMO. Honestly they can't, if they keep email voting in use. Registration at ABC's site is directly linked with the overall Disney.com registration. Disney would have to change their entire system of email registration to truly limit it to one or two emails per person.

At the end of the day, the show will decide what's going to happen to Bristol and not the voters, IMO. I firmly believe the show's votes and results have been altered before, and I wouldn't doubt that they would do it again if it suits their wants. I still think they'll tank her scores next week, barring some great dances by her. I'll be very surprised if they don't.

I noticed Tom said the other night that there had been a record number of votes coming in.... no kidding
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4108428;
    Snipped your post for brevity. I had a few comments on this, as you raise a lot of interesting discussion points. In terms of HillBuzz, I don't think they'll be removing anything. I first saw that blog entry on CNN this evening during a segment about it on Wolf Blitzer's show. They even interviewed the webmaster, albeit briefly. He was obviously proud of it, and not interested in hiding anything about it. The interview snippet had a large picture of him and his name as well.

I read some of the comments at the blog, and read some in earlier threads they had for the show as well. Most of the ones I read, the people said they watched the show. I saw a few who didn't, but more watched than not. If they are watching, then I see no issue with that. I do agree that the people not watching should not vote, no matter who it is they are supporting. Missing an episode and still voting I have no problem with, but not seeing it at all and voting, yeah, I agree that is wrong.

I just honestly don't think 10,000 people or more are doing that. We'll never know for sure, but I just can't imagine that many people going to that much trouble just because some blog or website told them to do it, particularly when ABC's website is a pain in the rear to navigate on the best of days.

I do know the issue of one person casting hundreds of votes has been going on since the show started, not just with Bristol. Happened with Shawn, Melissa, Kristi, Gilles, Mel B., Donny, etc. There were entire websites for various contestants with sections on how to vote en masse, how to "cheat" the system, etc. Amazing to me people have the patience to mess with all that. The most I've ever managed online was voting with 5 or 6 (legit) email addresses after the performance night of the finale of Season 5, because I adored Helio.

I understand people are upset about the way this season has gone with Bristol, but if you want real shenanigans, Season 1 with Kelly Monaco outdid them all. It was shameful. She at the time (and again now) was part of an ABC soap's so-called "super couple." Super couple fans know how to rig polls and voting systems like nobody else on the planet, IMO. I honestly do not believe there will ever again be as much voting funny business going on as went on that season, much of which was planned out behind the doors of closed-to-public-viewing forums. Now, no way were all of her fans or all super couple fans involved in that. But to this day, I believe the vote was rigged for her by both the network (she was a huge network "pet' at the time) and segments of her couple's fanbase.

As far as calling early right after the show starts: I'll admit I'm guilty of that big time myself. Whenever I'm actually home for the show, if I have one set favorite, I vote early in the show. I did this with Kurt after week 1 this season, and I did this for Evan every week last season. When you definitely know who you like, and you don't believe in vote splitting, it's just easier to vote earlier in the show when the lines aren't as clogged. Is it fair to other dancers? Not really, but if you're a huge fan of someone, and you aren't really interested in giving anyone else a chance, it's easier this way. Hopefully that makes sense.

I also get your point about limiting the votes in a better way, but they won't do it, IMO. Honestly they can't, if they keep email voting in use. Registration at ABC's site is directly linked with the overall Disney.com registration. Disney would have to change their entire system of email registration to truly limit it to one or two emails per person.

At the end of the day, the show will decide what's going to happen to Bristol and not the voters, IMO. I firmly believe the show's votes and results have been altered before, and I wouldn't doubt that they would do it again if it suits their wants. I still think they'll tank her scores next week, barring some great dances by her. I'll be very surprised if they don't.
    Thank you for your very nice explanations and history since you've watched more series of this than I have. I will always believe that ABC cares 98% about ratings and 2% about the rest and even if there is friction or a little dishonesty, they don't mind as long as it doesn't turn large numbers of viewers away.

ABC is laughing all the way to the bank, this whole thing is a gift to them, lol but it will permanently tarnish some others, sad....

FORT Newbie

At this point I don't see Bristol finishing less than 2nd. She either has enough fan votes to win it all or Kyle will win with the help of Brandy's previous fans. Doesn't seem likely that Jennifer can win, which is fine with me.

(I think there are 3 main voting blocks--those for Bristol, those for Jennifer, and everyone else. The third group has been split each week, dooming those stars, but now they will all back Kyle. I think Kyle wins or at least comes in second. My view going into the semi-finals was this: either Brandy or Kyle are going home, but the one that survives will win it all.)

Unless production feels that Pistol winning is too controversial, my money is on her taking top prize. Her supporters have kept her in this far - imagine the support she'll receive next week. The majority of regular fans who will vote for their choice has so far not been enough to oust Pistol - I don't see it happening next week - especially next week.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread