+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4107868;
    Freudian?

Maybe it’s just me, but I really don’t see the conspiracy theory about tea-bagger votes. The comparison to Pistol contending for a fake disco ball as a parallel to an election that governs a country seems rather silly to me. Are there Palin supporters voting for Bristol, absolutely, but it’s just nonsense to believe they’re doing so because they feel her mother was somehow wronged in her bid to become VP, or will somehow promote a run for presidency someday.
    Not a Freudian slip in the least. I meant Sarah Palin, because if Todd had consented to do the show instead of Bristol, we would have the same scenario playing out IMO. Those voting based on politics are fans of the mother, and have transferred their devotion onto the daughter, or whichever relative was available. Again, JMO.

And I totally agree with you that the parallel is just plain silly, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4107819;
    Bristol and Mark to me looked like they were ready for the announcement they were out....he was patting her arm...and they were looking defeated...

If you go back look at Bristol when they announced Brandy... the girl was in shock and felt so bad not a smile or hint of being happy

......she won, but she really didn't....and that is not quite fair to this girl....

She is not voting...she is doing her best, and some people like it.....the public voted for her....why dislike her as a person......?
    I don't believe she's not voting. Every contestant and pro always voted for themselves to my knowledge, so she'd probably be a first if she wasn't.

I saw nothing of shock on her face when Brandy was announced as the one leaving. Mark looked more nervous all night than she did, and he quickly looked away and at Derek (I'm assuming it was Derek anyway). Bristol was expressionless. If anything, maybe she's afraid. A lot of her comments to the media have bugged me, and this week was it in regards to trash talking Maks, Mark saying he was upset by CA's comments to their waltz (unlike the other couples remaining, I don't think he has room to talk-he's caught a lucky break many, many weeks with Bristol), and then acting as though it was no big deal Brandy got booted. She's taken out better dancers since Florence. I guess it's all a matter of opinion whether she's improved or deserved her scores. Apparently the producers must be feeling some heat; an EW article I read had producer Conrad Green asking people to take a deep breath and asking why no one threw a fit when Marie Osmond made the finals (if I recall correctly, many people did and still do).

Fair that she's still there? By the way the show sets up the voting, yes, but I really hope the viewers voting for her are watching and not just voting for her because she's a Palin at this stage. However, I don't believe every voter is voting for her because they love the underdog status that the producers attached to her when it shouldn't have been, or because they like her. Even Kelly Osbourne had more claim to fame than just being known as the daughter of Ozzy Osbourne. And, I'm not buying into the whole 'she's not a celeb, she's so unexperienced'. Well, no kidding she's none of the above, but she got cast, accepted the offer, and stayed in the spotlight even after the campaign on her own. I don't agree with casting reality show personalities, either, but at least they have something more to fall back on as to why they're considered a "star" (very loosely, I might add). Bristol's been used by the producers to get ratings, but I don't think they'll let her win. That'll take the joke even farther than it should have been. I think they realize credibility is already shot, and there will be no convincing of the conspiracy theorists or people turned off believing it's rigged. They did damage this season. Let's see if they can recover.

She's on the show because of her mother so of couse she will benefit from her mother's fanbase. Show doesn't care if better dancers go because if they did we would see fair comments and appropriate scoring and we haven't this season across the board.

I know people voting for Bristol who don't even watch the show because "it will make Sarah happy." This is about politics for many where Bristol is concerned. She's not getting further based on dance and performance skills but her mother's political standing and the many who back her. She could def win and if she does the show is partially to blame for it. I don't blame Bristol in the least. She wanted a big check and got it. Can't fault her for that especially as she's a young mother.

Given some of her comments I don't think she's that nice. I think she is much shrewder than people would believe.

You are very, very bad Bristol,VERY BAD.

FORT Fogey

I know this sounds crazy, but when the elimination was announced, it seemed so outrageous and bizarre to me that I halfway thought that Bristol would step forward and decline being in the finals, saying it was obvious that the slot should go to Brandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4107847;
    No - it is not the Bristol fan club here by any means - was just commenting on the fact that what is in that article has been going on since the beginning of time- that it is not a new or unique situation regarding Bristol - and that it goes on all the time - for many contestants - on DWTS and on AI as well - that's all..........
    For example: how was it possible for Chris Allen to win AI with 38 Million votes coming solely from Conway, AR, his hometown. Not possible without using the method that has been linked to Bristol only. I agree this has been going on forever on this show. I only learned about it on S8 DWTS and was completely surprised about it. As I have said, I participated only once during S8 for Melissa/Tony and as we saw, we completely failed to get enough votes for them in the finale. I agree that Bristol and Mark are completely shocked when they are saved every week. Did you see their faces last night when Tom said Brandy and Maks were going home? Their body language said it all while they were waiting for their names to be called. Mark seemed to be comforting her by rubbing her arm.

As Brooke acknowledged to Bristol after their last dance that Bristol had told her she was surprised that she had lasted this longl. Bristol is under no allusion about her dancing abilities compared to the others. Don't these guys get something like $30,000 per episode when they make it this far? Or maybe it's $50,000 for the finale. Yea, I would be glad I stayed for the money alone. I think the winner gets $100,000 bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4107835;
    And it doesn’t exclude other fan bases from doing the same thing.
    Not really. The difference this season with Bristol is that a segment of the people putting her over the top aren't actually part of her "fanbase" -- in order to be that, you have to actually know when DWTS is on TV, and watch her dance. Bristol isn't asking for this help, and as far as I know even her mom isn't, but none of the other dancers have an entire political machine behind them cranking out online votes, nor could they acquire one even if they made a plea on Twitter.

This much can be taken as truth at this point, links to the actual sites in question have been provided in countless articles.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

The only figures I know about are from season 8 – and they may have changed since then, but basically all the stars get a base rate (S8 was $250,000) whether you were eliminated first night or won the disco ball, First prize was $100,000, second $50,000 and third $25,000.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4107918;
    Not really. The difference this season with Bristol is that a segment of the people putting her over the top aren't actually part of her "fanbase" -- in order to be that, you have to actually know when DWTS is on TV, and watch her dance. Bristol isn't asking for this help, and as far as I know even her mom isn't, but none of the other dancers have an entire political machine behind them cranking out online votes, nor could they acquire one even if they made a plea on Twitter.
    It is the same – this is no different than the internet pleas for folks to keep Kate on to make her miserable. Thing is people started feeling badly for Tony.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4107912;
    For example: how was it possible for Chris Allen to win AI with 38 Million votes coming solely from Conway, AR, his hometown. Not possible without using the method that has been linked to Bristol only. I agree this has been going on forever on this show. I only learned about it on S8 DWTS and was completely surprised about it. As I have said, I participated only once during S8 for Melissa/Tony and as we saw, we completely failed to get enough votes for them in the finale. I agree that Bristol and Mark are completely shocked when they are saved every week. Did you see their faces last night when Tom said Brandy and Maks were going home? Their body language said it all while they were waiting for their names to be called. Mark seemed to be comforting her by rubbing her arm.

As Brooke acknowledged to Bristol after their last dance that Bristol had told her she was surprised that she had lasted this longl. Bristol is under no allusion about her dancing abilities compared to the others. Don't these guys get something like $30,000 per episode when they make it this far? Or maybe it's $50,000 for the finale. Yea, I would be glad I stayed for the money alone. I think the winner gets $100,000 bonus.
    Yes - their reaction while awaiting the results said alot - they have been there many times and expected to be going - surprise surprise......... that said - I also have not liked the comments they have had to endure when interviewed by Brooke especially.................. doesnt do alot for confidence at all - she needs to learn to filter.....
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

+ Reply to Thread