+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 768

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

  1. #511
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4107805;
    If you get some regular smuck out there with nothing even coming close to famous......then whether she/he did well or not people just would not care...the interest would not be there.....
    I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I was under the impression that you were saying that the unwarranted length of her stay had nothing to do with her goshdarned mom.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  2. #512
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,407

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Keep in mind Bristol has been placed in the real or non-real Bottom 2 for several weeks – that has to prepare them every week for the inevitable. Or at least what they think will be the inevitable. I was shocked when Kyle was called safe with more than 20 minutes left in the show. I would have much preferred they line up the F4 and ‘save’ them at the end – I don’t like this new format of calling safe and in jeopardy throughout the show. Frankly, I don’t think Bristol thinks she is a better dancer than most of the dancers that left before them, so she has probably felt like she was going to leave each week.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  3. #513
    Lux et Veritas chrisg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,643

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4107771;
    I don't mean to be argumentive but how do we know all these "rabid fanbase" people are voting for this girl?
    How Palin Conservatives Are Cheating The DWTS Voting System

    It's been alleged that the Tea Party's "Operation Bristol" is keeping the teen mom in the competition. However, the real conspiracy is that her conservative supporters have figured out a way to exploit ABC.com's email-voting feature, allowing infinite votes.

    While Bristol Palin denies any Tea Party conspiracy theories, there's no denying that conservatives have been pushing for votes for Bristol, using blogs and Twitter to start a movement. But what isn't widely known is the evidence—via message board comments on some conservative sites—that this mobilization involves fixing this (albeit meaningless) election through a technical snafu on ABC's website, which allows Palin's supporters to cast an infinite number of email votes:

    Here's a hint: They don't have to be VALID email addresses to register them with ABC.com, there is apparently no validation process. The just have to be formatted like a valid email address, and you must use a valid zip code and a birthdate that makes you old enough to vote. I'm voting like a democrat, all night long…

    No, it doesn't have to be a valid email address – I had one of my anonymous ones XXX@yahoo.com that I used, and then just did the sign-up process all over again with XXX1@yahoo.com and it worked.

    Got my 80 votes in online…took 2 hours. I am beat

    I only got 42 in, I have some catching up to do!

    Lord have mercy, I voted for 3 hours online! I got 300 in.

    It seems like it's working! Early predictions about the votes indicate that Bristol is the safest bet to stay in the competition this evening. Sure, it may seem like just a group of overzealous fans, but their larger message is not about an enthusiasm for teen activism or ballroom dancing, but rather, is a way to show the left that the Tea Party is a force to be reckoned with. One site wants to "make liberal heads explode" by urging Tea Partiers to vote for Palin, even saying that they "don't need to watch" DWTS as long as they vote.

    You may not be a fan of the show or even Bristol but I firmly believe her continued success on the show demonstrates the power of the tea party.
    How Palin Conservatives Are Cheating The DWTS Voting System
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

  4. #514
    Ancient Beach Babe :) Capegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere :)
    Posts
    12,573

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    And your point?!?..... that has been going on every season - on DWTS and on AI - it is not new to the Bristol fan base by any means.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

  5. #515
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,407

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    And it doesn’t exclude other fan bases from doing the same thing.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  6. #516
    Lux et Veritas chrisg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,643

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4107833;
    And your point?!?..... that has been going on every season - on DWTS and on AI - it is not new to the Bristol fan base by any means.
    My point was a clear factual response to another post and so are FoRT rules clear and factual. This is not the Bristol Palin fan club board and people have every right to say something negative about a reality show contestant without every post being personally attacked and challenged.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

  7. #517
    Ancient Beach Babe :) Capegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere :)
    Posts
    12,573

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4107846;
    My point was clear and so are FoRT rules. This is not the Bristol Palin fan club board and people have every right to say something negative about a reality show contestant without every post being personally attacked.
    No - it is not the Bristol fan club here by any means - was just commenting on the fact that what is in that article has been going on since the beginning of time- that it is not a new or unique situation regarding Bristol - and that it goes on all the time - for many contestants - on DWTS and on AI as well - that's all..........
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

  8. #518
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4107835;
    And it doesn’t exclude other fan bases from doing the same thing.
    Of course it doesn't. However, suffice it to say that Sarah Palin has accumulated more rabid supporters than Jennifer, Kyle, or Brandy has, who are willing to spend hours, in mass numbers, doing this because they view it as making a political statement; ie, "A Palin may not have won in 2008, but one will win now." I'm not even sure if Donny Osmond inspired this kind of commitment, because his fans realized it was only about a silly show.

  9. #519
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,407

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4107854;
    Of course it doesn't. However, suffice it to say that Sarah Palin has accumulated more rabid supporters than Jennifer, Kyle, or Brandy has, who are willing to spend hours, in mass numbers, doing this because they view it as making a political statement; ie, "A Palin may not have won in 2008, but one will win now." I'm not even sure if Donny Osmond inspired this kind of commitment, because his fans realized it was only about a silly show.
    Freudian?

    Maybe it’s just me, but I really don’t see the conspiracy theory about tea-bagger votes. The comparison to Pistol contending for a fake disco ball as a parallel to an election that governs a country seems rather silly to me. Are there Palin supporters voting for Bristol, absolutely, but it’s just nonsense to believe they’re doing so because they feel her mother was somehow wronged in her bid to become VP, or will somehow promote a run for presidency someday.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  10. #520
    Kip
    Kip is offline
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,665

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4107819;
    Bristol and Mark to me looked like they were ready for the announcement they were out....he was patting her arm...and they were looking defeated...

    If you go back look at Bristol when they announced Brandy... the girl was in shock and felt so bad not a smile or hint of being happy

    ......she won, but she really didn't....and that is not quite fair to this girl....

    She is not voting...she is doing her best, and some people like it.....the public voted for her....why dislike her as a person......?

    I voted for Brandy and Maks, but I don't get the hatred for Bristol. What could Bristol do in that situation. I agree that Bristol looked shocked and didn't even smile at the results. I'm decades older than she is but would have felt awkward in her situation. Do you go over and console a couple who think you somehow cheated them out of their spot in the finale?

    The producers put her on the show. Maybe it was a mistake, but don't take it out on her. I don't like it that the producers cast Jennifer Grey, someone with a lot of dancing experience. I won't be voting for her for that reason, but it's nothing personal against her -- I just enjoy seeing people like Kyle and Brandy develop into dancers.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.