+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

I posted on my FB page last night that I was upset with the outcome of DWTS results. I must have offended a lot of friends b/c of the comments I received. They, I mean like 95% of my friends, are voting for Bristol!! Not b/c of her mom but b/c they relate to her as a non-celeb trying to compete on the most popular reality show and learn to dance. I see where they are coming form BUT that isn't how I vote. Anyway, that told me a lot. It said a lot about why she is still on the show.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

ABC is loving all the attention this show is getting. I'd say Bristol has brought in more viewers than any other celebrity has. I rarely vote on any viewer participation because I don't think any are on the up and up, especially talent type shows. I did break down this year and vote for Brandy even knowing it was a waste of time. Last year the same thing happened with Kelly Osbourne. She wasn't any better dancer than Bristol, didn't hear any outrage about her getting in the top three. At least Bristol hasn't cried "poor little me" through this whole thing like Kelly did.

DWTS started out being a ligit show (I think) until ABC decided the judges could control more of it by their remarks and votes. They have no problem pushing their favorite pro dancers like the Hough's and Ballas'.
    Could be Derek is pushed as the shows favorite because he is the best pro dancer on the show, as was his sister. I personally like watching all the pros dance, my favorite (personality wise) is Tony, I enjoy Max but think he has always had an attitude. If any pro has problems with who wins they need to hang up their dancing shoes or start their own show. ABC runs the show for high ratings, I don't like the unfairness of it, as long as they have big ratings they will do whatever it takes to bring in money. It's obvious Bristol has a big following with the Tea Party. I have nothing against the Tea Party or any other large fan base group that votes on this show. I have trouble with all the outrage against Bristol. She should have been gone long ago, either her fans or the show has kept her in, I sure as heck don't hate her for it. I've seen lots of undeserving dancers stay at the expense of better dancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;4107541;
    ABC is loving all the attention this show is getting. I'd say Bristol has brought in more viewers than any other celebrity has. I rarely vote on any viewer participation because I don't think any are on the up and up, especially talent type shows. I did break down this year and vote for Brandy even knowing it was a waste of time. Last year the same thing happened with Kelly Osbourne. She wasn't any better dancer than Bristol, didn't hear any outrage about her getting in the top three. At least Bristol hasn't cried "poor little me" through this whole thing like Kelly did.

DWTS started out being a ligit show (I think) until ABC decided the judges could control more of it by their remarks and votes. They have no problem pushing their favorite pro dancers like the Hough's and Ballas'.
    Could be Derek is pushed as the shows favorite because he is the best pro dancer on the show, as was his sister. I personally like watching all the pros dance, my favorite (personality wise) is Tony, I enjoy Max but think he has always had an attitude. If any pro has problems with who wins they need to hang up their dancing shoes or start their own show. ABC runs the show for high ratings, I don't like the unfairness of it, as long as they have big ratings they will do whatever it takes to bring in money. It's obvious Bristol has a big following with the Tea Party. I have nothing against the Tea Party or any other large fan base group that votes on this show. I have trouble with all the outrage against Bristol. She should have been gone long ago, either her fans or the show has kept her in, I sure as heck don't hate her for it. I've seen lots of undeserving dancers stay at the expense of better dancers.
    Actually, Bristol hasn't pulled that many viewers in -- she's pulled in more voters than any other contestant. But a lot of those voters are just doing what blogs tell them to do, and aren't even watching the show.

I checked TVbytheNumbers.com, and the show's ratings are actually down from a year ago.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4107551;
    I checked TVbytheNumbers.com, and the show's ratings are actually down from a year ago.
    ABC as a whole is down 8% so being down anything less than 8% is still positive. Plus, shows on as long as DWTS has been are typically slipping anyway so any slowing of the slide is seen as positive.

FORT Fogey

We are talking about a mirrorball trophy for a reality show so I wish people would stop deomonizing this young woman for something so trivial. She was offered a well paying "job" and took it. Why people are voting for her is out of her hands. The suggestions that she leave on her own are just silly. Why should she if she is making money from the gig?

The production staff at DWTS cannot be so naive as to not suspected that something unusual might happen with the introduction of politics into the show. I am sure they are not wringing their hands in fear of the people who might desert the show if she wins---like we haven't heard that on AI too. At SYTYCD, they push that their winner is America's "favorite" dancer...how might that be any different here? Do they actually say that the winner is the "best "dancer ...or just the highest vote getter.

The show was always unfair in that each season there was a skilled or highly trained dancer/ entertainer/ athlete and then varying levels of talent below that person. The playing field has never been equal---NEVER. Now the playing field is tilted in another area.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;4107704;
    We are talking about a mirrorball trophy for a reality show so I wish people would stop deomonizing this young woman for something so trivial. She was offered a well paying "job" and took it. Why people are voting for her is out of her hands. The suggestions that she leave on her own are just silly. Why should she if she is making money from the gig?

The production staff at DWTS cannot be so naive as to not suspected that something unusual might happen with the introduction of politics into the show. I am sure they are not wringing their hands in fear of the people who might desert the show if she wins---like we haven't heard that on AI too. At SYTYCD, they push that their winner is America's "favorite" dancer...how might that be any different here? Do they actually say that the winner is the "best "dancer ...or just the highest vote getter.

The show was always unfair in that each season there was a skilled or highly trained dancer/ entertainer/ athlete and then varying levels of talent below that person. The playing field has never been equal---NEVER. Now the playing field is tilted in another area.
    I feel putting any sort of politics aside which I personally don't think is the large factor most are making it out to be....but I feel this season we have in the finals two young people.. yes.. with different personalities but both brought to the stage Kyle's gift of entertaining and Bristol's gift of endearing people out there who never would have done what she did in front of millions.

She is still in the running and has not given up as seen in her dancing on Monday....she could of just not even tried and gave up on the contest, as someone else with the name Kate, but she worked really hard as Mark has stated many times....

Don't you think that someone who never had the experience nor even stepped foot in Hollywood who is doing as well as Bristol is not working her butt off? Just like the others who even have experience behind them.

I feel with Jennifer probably winning and either Kyle or Bristol coming in second that this is the best season ever....

The one with the natural talent and background in dancing shows the world how beautiful ballroom dancing can be.....and the underdog shows the world that with enough determination you to can be something you never thought you could be.....

its a win/win this season....

Report: Man Shoots TV Over Palin Dance
    November 17
    11:40 AM 11/17/2010 by James Hibberd

A 67-year-old rural Wisconsin man enraged over Bristol Palin's lack of skill on "Dancing with the Stars" blasted his television with a shotgun, leading to an overnight standoff with a SWAT team, according to the AP.

A Dane County Sheriff's detective said Steven Cowan felt Palin was "not a good dancer and was only on the show because of her famous mother."

Then Cowan shot his TV before turning the gun on his wife, who ran out and escaped.

SWAT officers surrounded the home and talked Cowan out Tuesday morning.

Cowan was charged second-degree reckless endangerment and could be sentenced to up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

Authorities say he has bipolar disorder, but, really, Palin's dancing has been the source of a lot of viewer frustration in recent weeks. THR's recent story on the importance of right wing viewership had readers emailing that this must be why Palin is still on the show.

-- AP contributed to this report.
    Report: Man Shoots TV Over Palin Dance - Live Feed

I hope the warden doesn't have the Jail TV tuned to the finale next week when Bristol performs Freedom-Style. Oops, I meant free-style.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4107753;
    I feel putting any sort of politics aside which I personally don't think is the large factor most are making it out to be....but I feel this season we have in the finals two young people.. yes.. with different personalities but both brought to the stage Kyle's gift of entertaining and Bristol's gift of endearing people out there who never would have done what she did in front of millions.

She is still in the running and has not given up as seen in her dancing on Monday....she could of just not even tried and gave up on the contest, as someone else with the name Kate, but she worked really hard as Mark has stated many times....

Don't you think that someone who never had the experience nor even stepped foot in Hollywood who is doing as well as Bristol is not working her butt off? Just like the others who even have experience behind them.

I feel with Jennifer probably winning and either Kyle or Bristol coming in second that this is the best season ever....

The one with the natural talent and background in dancing shows the world how beautiful ballroom dancing can be.....and the underdog shows the world that with enough determination you to can be something you never thought you could be.....

its a win/win this season....
    What a refreshing post - and I agree - take the politics out of this equation completely - and take a another non-biased look at what she has done - lets call her Jane Doe for a moment - her dancing on monday was wonderful - she showed how hard work paid off........ the music and their interpretation in the dance was hauntingly moving. I admire them for doing that type of waltz - not what one would expect to see for a waltz - especially as compared to what - the type of waltz - that Derek/Jen did - 2 very opposite ends of the spectrum
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4107753;
    The one with the natural talent and background in dancing shows the world how beautiful ballroom dancing can be.....and the underdog shows the world that with enough determination you to can be something you never thought you could be..
    To actually qualify as an underdog, you can't have your goshdarned mom's rabid fanbase voting for you en masse without even seeing you perform. Part of me now wants to see some average unwed teenage mom with no dancing experience do this show just to see how far she goes with the "she's just like me" contingent. Or maybe Chelsea Clinton, though I know she has better things to do with her time.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;4107755;
    Report: Man Shoots TV Over Palin Dance - Live Feed

I hope the warden doesn't have the Jail TV tuned to the finale next week when Bristol performs Freedom-Style. Oops, I meant free-style.
    I sincerely say this with kindness, but that man should have been taken to the hospital for mental care - not to the jail. As it is, he is a menace to his wife, society, and even to himself....and that doesn't address the destruction of property.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

+ Reply to Thread