+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4104911;
    Columbia I have a feeling though that she goes home with her head held a little higher for going out of her comfort zone and discovered some strengths she never knew she had......
    I think this also. I saw a utube clip of Mark and Bristol on Larry King and she did very well. She did not seem as shy. Out of the public? Hardly Sarah Palin Alaska starts Sunday on TLC.

FORT Fogey

I stand by my prediction that, next week, we will hear Len say that from here on the judging will become more strict. Now that you are in the finals we will be looking for a good technical performance along with showmanship. You must must be flawless. Something to that effect anyway. They have to get this show back on track and counter all the buzz about irratic scoring. In order to maintain some credibility and not turn this show into a total joke there has to be an adjustment.

Putting Brandy next to Kurt last week, even though it was announced that they were not necessarily in the bottom, was an effort to jar viewers into knowing that the best dancer may go without our votes. That is what I see anyway.

I think Bristol will see scores substancially lower than her competitors next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4104890;
    Just my opinion, but it is my fervent hope that on Tuesday night Bristol will get to go home, back to her life, and out of the public eye. She seems so uncomfortable with the whole thing.
    Me too. Not being a good dancer or good performer aside, I have felt bad for her these last few weeks. It's clear she wants to go home and be with her baby. I don't think she expected or wanted to be on the show for so long. It was a nice way to make some good money and have some fun, but she doesn't seem all too happy. I can see why she's been ready to leave for weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4104933;
    I think Bristol will see scores substancially lower than her competitors next week.
    I've thought that too. Her first week was the week she actually danced and looked best and she hasn't really improved since then. They have overscored her for weeks now, but I could see that ending this week. It's more than time. She just isn't even remotely in the same class dance or performance wise of Kyle, Jenn, and Brandy. If show wants her out perhaps they finally score her appropriately. If they want her in finale they will boost them again and sacrifice a better dancer. I don't think she ever wins. Show becomes a huge mockery if that happens and they know it. Putting her in the finale is even pushing it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Debra5604;4104914;
    I think Bristol now believes that she is the most improved and has her eye on the mirrorball because of it. I do think she will be there until final three....and, maybe, final two, if the other constestants don't receive more votes than they have been. I don't think Bristol has lost any fans nor have the other contestants still participating but are the fans of Audrina, Rick or Florence still voting? I am just hoping that it is not Brandy or Kyle who will go home instead of Bristol. For the time being, all of my votes are going for Brandy but, if she leaves, they will go to Kyle. And, if they both leave, I will leave the choice to others because I won't care who wins in that scenario.
    I question if people really do vote for others if their favorite is axed. I started off voting for Brandy and Kurt, and giving votes to Audrina. Now I'm down to Brandy, but if she went home next week, it's doubtful I'd vote for anyone left. I might throw votes Kyle's way. But once my favorites are gone, I really don't care. I'd be curious if people do switch to other couples they weren't planning on voting for before or not. I think there's a chance Bristol goes home this week, so the show can save some face, have her there for the ratings and watercooler buzz all season, and she can be off to promote her family's new reality show. Or she goes to the finale, drives ratings up for that, and then goes out in 3rd because they finally start scoring her appropriately. As weird as it may sound, Bristol's restored my faith in the fact that the show isn't rigged. Heavily manipulated and bias towards certain celebs/pros? Yeah, I still believe that, but don't think the results get tweaked.

It depends on the situation. Example: last season I voted for Pam and Buzz (because of Ashly) early on. Then my votes switched to Evan and Erin. This season I voted for Audrina till she was eliminated, sat out a week and then started voting for Kurt and Brandy. (Honestly, Brandy took a while to win me over but now I'm totally in their camp.) If she were to be eliminated, I'd have a darn hard time voting for anyone. Most seasons I have several faves but I can't force myself to vote for Jennifer or Bristol. I thought I'd like Jennifer better than I do and I don't want Derek to win again. Bristol - I actually feel some empathy for and I don't think she's horrid but I also don't think she deserves the mb. As for Kyle, he's cute as can be and I just want to pinch his cheeks but the though of Lacey winning? I just can't bear it! She become one of my LEAST favorite pros.
    I don't think that many of the Bristol voters are the usual DWTS fans who care as much as some of us regular watchers do and vote through out the season. Perhaps with her gone, they'd just fade away.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I've been reading this thread off and on, and may have missed this, but I saw in USA Today last week that they wanted Bristol's DAD to be on the show, but had to settle for her. Didn't know that before.

FORT Regular

I am not a DWTS fan, never watch more then a few seconds of a season because the kitschy format gets on my nerves. The only reason I have watched more of this season is because of Bristol. And I am not a diehard Republican either. First I was just curious. Now I am voting for her. I thought her dances were wonderful tonight. I loved the waltz, Mark's choreography and directions were excellent--talk about capturing the feel of the music. It was haunting and eerily beautiful. I also think , except for the gorillia costimes lol, she has the most amazing costumes. I love, love seeing what she will be wearing next. It's obvious by the judges comments that they are saying goodbye to her, which bothered me a bit, it felt like they know something we don't know.

Last night proved to me what I've always thought about her - she is not "sweet" or "nice". "No offense, but I'm not fake" - how the hell is that not offensive to the people she's competing with? A poor dancer and what little personality she has is not pleasant.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Rattus -- totally agree with you. Suppose you heard her use the word
    "s-re-ed" again last night. And the editors did not bleep it out!!!

+ Reply to Thread