+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 77 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4104532;

How dare she preach abstinence when she didnt even bother with a drug-store condom. I despise hypocrites like her. Sorry for the rant.
    While I don't agree with the abstinence only way of teaching (knowledge IS power), I can't condemn her for telling other girls about it. As a parent, I've told my sons about birth control but I encourage abstinence, even though I'm sure they don't follow the latter. They are 20 and 18 now and have managed to stay kid free. I've also encouraged them to date around and not get into serious relationships until they are older because that was MY downfall. Fell for a guy, dated him for 5 years and ended up with a son at 16 and another at 18. The second time the BC failed...lol.

If she prevents just ONE teenage pregnancy, then it's worth it. Being a teen mom, balancing a social life, schoolwork, and parenting is difficult. I'm sure she feels the same way about it and therefore dares to spread the word.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Kara, Mark watches the show and I am sure he knows he's getting a huge break with the scores. He must know he is not choreographing or dancing for a star. He's just being PC. I'd love to hear the real backstage talk.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4104538;
    While I don't agree with the abstinence only way of teaching (knowledge IS power), I can't condemn her for telling other girls about it. As a parent, I've told my sons about birth control but I encourage abstinence, even though I'm sure they don't follow the latter. They are 20 and 18 now and have managed to stay kid free. I've also encouraged them to date around and not get into serious relationships until they are older because that was MY downfall. Fell for a guy, dated him for 5 years and ended up with a son at 16 and another at 18. The second time the BC failed...lol.

If she prevents just ONE teenage pregnancy, then it's worth it. Being a teen mom, balancing a social life, schoolwork, and parenting is difficult. I'm sure she feels the same way about it and therefore dares to spread the word.
    Then why doesn't she spread the truth? The failure rate of the pill is way less than 1%. I'm doubtful that Bristol and Levi had only one encounter. Why didn't she get on the pill before hand? Inexcusable. No right to talk to others about abstinence since she didn't practice it herself. Great moment to preach birth control...wasted.

Does anyone know whats going on with Mark and his music career? Seems like he's gone more solo, and seperated himself from Derek? I don't really see the two of them as chummy as in previous seasons? Or maybe it's just me???

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4104543;
    Then why doesn't she spread the truth? The failure rate of the pill is way less than 1%. I'm doubtful that Bristol and Levi had only one encounter. Why didn't she get on the pill before hand? Inexcusable. No right to talk to others about abstinence since she didn't practice it herself. Great moment to preach birth control...wasted.
    Personally, I think her mother rules her. And pretty much everyone else in the family. They showed a clip of Bristol at the podium, giving a speech and she seemed (to me anyway) very nervous/scared. She's kind of shy and I never could understand why she would choose to stand in front of crowds and give speeches anyway. I think it's her mother making her to save her own image. I have no proof....it's just my opinion. I'd like to know what Bristol really thinks about the whole mess.

I do feel bad for the girl. I can't even begin to imagine how she felt, being thrust into the global spotlight during the campaign. Mortified and humiliated, I imagine. I realize that she let herself get pregnant and has nobody else to blame but the average person doesn't have it announced to the media. And frankly, I don't think being on DWTS's was her idea. I just feel bad for her. It can't be a picnic having Sarah Palin as your mother. Not with the news hounds and the constant spotlight.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4104542;
    Kara, Mark watches the show and I am sure he knows he's getting a huge break with the scores. He must know he is not choreographing or dancing for a star. He's just being PC. I'd love to hear the real backstage talk.
    I'm sure he does know he's getting a huge break, and probably doesn't like the backlash that's following them about better dancers leaving. However, I've seen enough of Mark to believe he thinks he deserves better than he's getting. This is the guy who thought it was a good idea to dress in gorilla suits, then realized after maybe it was too far fetched, even for the most gimmicky pros (like his BFF Derek, who said he'd never got there). After the show there may be dirt, but I'm not getting the same vibe from these two as I did from Tony/Kate, and Tony has more or less admitted Kate was an absolute nightmare. I don't think Mark could mask frustration with her this long if it were there, even with the power of editing.

Does anyone know whats going on with Mark and his music career? Seems like he's gone more solo, and seperated himself from Derek? I don't really see the two of them as chummy as in previous seasons? Or maybe it's just me???
    I think they're still chummy, though if Derek winds up winning this season, we'll see whether Mark rushed the stage again to hoist him on his shoulders (or across the stage if he and Bristol wind up in second). Since season 9, when the two of them performed on the show together, that was the last I heard of their music career together. I don't know, critically, how it was taken, but online, many people still cringe at that performance. Having seen the two of them perform with their band many times prior at DWTS after parties, I was even let down, because they had some serious talent. I know even then, however, Mark was talking about doing solo work and working on music with this then girlfriend, Joanna Pacitti. That was the last I heard of even Derek doing music. But for right now, it seems like it's just Mark, and their band is no more.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4104549;
    Personally, I think her mother rules her. And pretty much everyone else in the family. They showed a clip of Bristol at the podium, giving a speech and she seemed (to me anyway) very nervous/scared. She's kind of shy and I never could understand why she would choose to stand in front of crowds and give speeches anyway. I think it's her mother making her to save her own image. I have no proof....it's just my opinion. I'd like to know what Bristol really thinks about the whole mess.

I do feel bad for the girl. I can't even begin to imagine how she felt, being thrust into the global spotlight during the campaign. Mortified and humiliated, I imagine. I realize that she let herself get pregnant and has nobody else to blame but the average person doesn't have it announced to the media. And frankly, I don't think being on DWTS's was her idea. I just feel bad for her. It can't be a picnic having Sarah Palin as your mother. Not with the news hounds and the constant spotlight.
    Sarah P. at a speech given in Pennsylvania stated that Bristol told her she was asked to be on DWTS. Sarah told Bristol that she would be criticized. Bristol stated to her mom "she will be criticized anyway, she might as well dance."

FORT Fogey

Just my opinion, but it is my fervent hope that on Tuesday night Bristol will get to go home, back to her life, and out of the public eye. She seems so uncomfortable with the whole thing.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4104890;
    Just my opinion, but it is my fervent hope that on Tuesday night Bristol will get to go home, back to her life, and out of the public eye. She seems so uncomfortable with the whole thing.
    Columbia I have a feeling though that she goes home with her head held a little higher for going out of her comfort zone and discovered some strengths she never knew she had......

FORT Newbie

I think Bristol now believes that she is the most improved and has her eye on the mirrorball because of it. I do think she will be there until final three....and, maybe, final two, if the other constestants don't receive more votes than they have been. I don't think Bristol has lost any fans nor have the other contestants still participating but are the fans of Audrina, Rick or Florence still voting? I am just hoping that it is not Brandy or Kyle who will go home instead of Bristol. For the time being, all of my votes are going for Brandy but, if she leaves, they will go to Kyle. And, if they both leave, I will leave the choice to others because I won't care who wins in that scenario.

+ Reply to Thread