+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

I know it's not going to happen, but I would love for Jennifer to go home next week. I am sick and tired of her daily whining. If she is too old, go home. 76 year old, Florence Henderson, never gave a whimper and it's too bad she didn't stay instead of JG. Sadly to me, I think she'll probably win. I like Bristol and am glad she's still there, but she can't win, so I'm rooting for Brandy/Maks, because it is Maks' time to win this thing Yessss!.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4103622;
    I know it's not going to happen, but I would love for Jennifer to go home next week. I am sick and tired of her daily whining. If she is too old, go home. 76 year old, Florence Henderson, never gave a whimper and it's too bad she didn't stay instead of JG. Sadly to me, I think she'll probably win. I like Bristol and am glad she's still there, but she can't win, so I'm rooting for Brandy/Maks, because it is Maks' time to win this thing Yessss!.
    I could live with that. I'm over Jennifer, but believe the show has succeeded in not making a win by her as obvious as it is (I'm still calling that). Last season people pegged Nicole the winner week 1, which is why the ratings for the season 10 finale were lower than Osmond's win in season 9. The Palin family reality show is starting next week, so I can potentially see Bristol getting booted. It'd give her the outlet all week to promote that while doing the standard DWTS cast off appearances. I really hope Maks pulls it off. I would love to see him, Anna, Tony, Louis, Jonathan, and Chelsie all hoist the trophy at least once before this show goes off the air. I know that is unlikely that they'll all make it, and Maks is my best hope

It's hard to say what'll happen this week. Rick's ouster was quite the surprise, as was Audrina's (until they had her in the fake bottom 2 with Jennifer), but this week it's really up in the air. The only thing I'm convinced of is Jennifer being in the finals. The rest, who knows. Bristol's a sweet girl, and I'm glad she had this experience. I didn't really have any objection to her being on the show, except for the controversy it brings (I miss when it was just a debate about whether someone was a ringer or not), the fact that she's only here for being a politician's kid (for me same as "charity activist" (aka Paul McCartney's ex) Heather Mills), and the fact that she's really been one of the worst dancers, but has made it this far, and I'm more bothered by the judges treatment of overscoring her than fans voting her through. Fans can vote how they want. I wish the judges were more balanced. I think they need a 4th judge, another female that can be another Len to balance out Bruno/CA. But Mark has impressed me with how he's handled the challenge of Bristol. I figured he'd blow his top by now.

I'm really upset and disappointed the judges continue to overscore Bristol. I think she has made progress, but I think all the celebrities have made progress, and that she is still the weakest dancer left. I still think she should have gone before Florence.

I'm also getting tired of Jennifer's whining. Exactly, Florence never complained. She seemed so happy just to be there. I still think she is going to win.

My two favorites have left, so I don't really have a favorite celebrity left, but it would be really nice to see Maks win. Kara, I also really hope to soon see Maks, Tony, Anna, Jonathan, etc holding up that trophy as the new DWTS champion.

God I can't stand Bristol, Send her home, she clearly doesnt want to be on the show because it is 'work'. I really dont like it when the dancers are slowed to half-time because the 'star' is unwilling to keep time. All of her songs have been so ridiculously under tempo it makes it look like she is a 90 year old dancing in a younger body. So over her and her family. Send them to Russia, I mean Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;4103927;
    God I can't stand Bristol, Send her home, she clearly doesnt want to be on the show because it is 'work'. I really dont like it when the dancers are slowed to half-time because the 'star' is unwilling to keep time. All of her songs have been so ridiculously under tempo it makes it look like she is a 90 year old dancing in a younger body. So over her and her family. Send them to Russia, I mean Alaska.
    I think what bothers me most about her winning is that it will continue to perpetuate the glorification of mediocrity over excellence that seems to be celebrated by some in this country. Ordinary people who can't dance and have no real talent want to live vicariously through Bristol and think that her victory is a victory for common folk like themselves over their more elite, skilled competition.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4104007;
    I think what bothers me most about her winning is that it will continue to perpetuate the glorification of mediocrity over excellence that seems to be celebrated by some in this country. Ordinary people who can't dance and have no real talent want to live vicariously through Bristol and think that her victory is a victory for common folk like themselves over their more elite, skilled competition.
    Thank you

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4104007;
    Exactly -- as a middle school teacher, it compares to 90% of the student body receiving honor roll certificates each marking period!!

I rewatched the first episode today, yes, it's true, I officially have no life.....I can say that Bristol did really well on that episode and looked the best of all the times she has performed in that red fringe dress. She actually did have some personality and smiled and laughed more than I have seen her since and she looked really pretty. If she had left after that week before the shirtless Mark, the odd vapid shirt over tights, the gorilla suits, the breakdown, it would have been better for her I think. Sadly things have gone downhill for her since then although she looked very nice this past week. I don't think she ever thought she would go this far and it's been harder than she signed on for. Not to mention the backlash is even making it worse for her. I just really miss seeing Audrina and Tony dance. Such a shame, but I don't think that Bristol knocked her out, she just didn't have the votes for some reason.

I don't get why people aren't willing to accept that Bristol IS knocking people out due to her mom's voting machine. How many minor stars like Audrina have the support of millions? Obviously even popular athletes don't. The athletes are history this season despite showing much improvement, thanks to Bristol.

But Bristol is apparently oblivious to all this (I'm sure Mark is not). She's complaining that she doesn't get higher scores when all she's learned is how to shimmy her top. She knows perfectly well it's her mom who keeps her in this, unless maybe she is not quite there. Which would fit with not bothering to use BC when she is the daughter of the Alaska Gov. Hmmm...pathetic. Clearly I am not impressed with this young woman.

How dare she preach abstinence when she didnt even bother with a drug-store condom. I despise hypocrites like her. Sorry for the rant.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4104532;
    I don't get why people aren't willing to accept that Bristol IS knocking people out due to her mom's voting machine. How many minor stars like Audrina have the support of millions? Obviously even popular athletes don't. The athletes are history this season despite showing much improvement, thanks to Bristol.

But Bristol is apparently oblivious to all this (I'm sure Mark is not). She's complaining that she doesn't get higher scores when all she's learned is how to shimmy her top. She knows perfectly well it's her mom who keeps her in this, unless maybe she is not quite there. Which would fit with not bothering to use BC when she is the daughter of the Alaska Gov. Hmmm...pathetic. Clearly I am not impressed with this young woman.

How dare she preach abstinence when she didnt even bother with a drug-store condom. I despise hypocrites like her. Sorry for the rant.
    Mark's been complaining, too, about not getting high scores. I have to believe they believe what they're saying, but Mark's always been a little high and mighty. I remember during the seasons with Kim and Melissa, he always looked annoyed and ticked, especially the episodes he was eliminated (not to mention he had some attitude problems with Shawn when she didn't get high enough scores for him). I guess he's just a typical DWTS pro I read once they usually take it the worst behind the scenes. Maybe he just expects by this point for the judges to follow the script, where everyone gets praise and high scores from the judges. There comes a point where getting a 7 is like getting a 2.

For whatever reason people are voting for Bristol, that's their right. I do believe she probably has fans voting for her because of her at this point, though I'm sure largely her fanbase is due to her last name. But again, whether people are watching and voting for her, or just voting for her and not watching, that's within the rules, so here she stays. She should have been gone weeks ago, but I blame the judges more for their overscoring (or producers, whose ever behind that). I know I'll be going into overdrive voting for Brandy/Maks. At this point I just don't want Bristol or Jennifer winning. With Audrina and Kurt gone, Brandy and Kyle are my final 2. I don't dislike Bristol, but I'm not happy she's still there, and am more bothered by the judges treating her one way, but throwing the other contestants under the bus for minor things, then acting shocked when they get voted out. It's crap, but it's not Bristol's fault. I'm sure next season, there will be another stunt casting or two. They bring the ratings.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-12-2010 at 10:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread