+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 768

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

  1. #431
    FORT Fanatic IrishGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    782

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4102728;
    Seems to me Kyle weighs quite a bit and nobody is judging his weight.....and we have had heavier people in the past like Marie Osmund, who after the show lost a lot of weight, and Kelly Osbourne was not the exactly thin, and after the show she lost weight....

    ..but not during the show....and neither one had a baby recently.

    Yes Audrina, Jennifer, and Brandy have dancer bodies, and have the faces and grace that helps them dance better than a person with some weight on them...

    but

    If you go by improvement so far Kyle and Bristol have surpassed all the others prior to them who left....nobody who has left was an EXCEPTIONAL dancer who would have made it to the finals...
    Jennifer and Brandy are still on because they have a natural talent in dance and have the stage presence from past experience to pull this off...and did from the first show on....

    Therefore why we have the final four......

    Will the audience pick the most improved or the one of the naturals....???
    I respectfully disagree with the bolded above. I think Audrina and Rick were both much better dancers who were showing substanitally more improvement week to week than Bristol.

    I also don't think people are criticizing the fact that Bristol was a chunky girl when the show started as much as they are shocked she has gained weight over the process. Not losing weight a la Kelly isn't the same as gaining. Bristol is noticeably bigger which implies she isn't working very hard.

  2. #432
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    535

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4102734;
    In 16 months, and at the age of 20, I would expect someone to have lost the weight.
    Many of us were a lot older when we first had our babies. And, we lost the weight.
    Kyle was heavy when he came on the show. He's still the same. She's the only one I know, male or female, who's been gaining. That shows me that she's not working at all hard at this.

    The only people to me who know if these people on this show are working hard are the trainers and producers......the audience has no idea how much work these people put in each week..

    .we only the snippets of some comedy and drama at those sessions to keep people tuned in.....

    As I mentioned Marie Osmund and Kelly Osbourne didn't work hard? because they sure did not lose the weight until after the show.....

  3. #433
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4102728;
    Seems to me Kyle weighs quite a bit and nobody is judging his weight.....and we have had heavier people in the past like Marie Osmund, who after the show lost a lot of weight, and Kelly Osbourne was not the exactly thin, and after the show she lost weight....

    ..but not during the show....and neither one had a baby recently.

    Yes Audrina, Jennifer, and Brandy have dancer bodies, and have the faces and grace that helps them dance better than a person with some weight on them...

    but

    If you go by improvement so far Kyle and Bristol have surpassed all the others prior to them who left....nobody who has left was an EXCEPTIONAL dancer who would have made it to the finals...

    Jennifer and Brandy are still on because they have a natural talent in dance and have the stage presence from past experience to pull this off...and did from the first show on....

    Therefore why we have the final four......

    Will the audience pick the most improved or the one of the naturals....???
    I think the point was that it's odd Bristol hasn't lost weight, and looks virtually the same when she started. I think Kyle looks a little slimmer, but as I mentioned, it doesn't help when Mark dressed her in overly tight fitting costumes that make it more noticable. Much like Sabrina Bryan, I think Bristol is naturally a big boned girl, so even if she's thin, she's still going to have curves. I don't think she looks bad at all. She may have lost weight, it may just not look it. Warren Sapp lost a bunch, but it didn't look like he did, either.

    In terms of her lasting over non-exceptional dancers, I disagree completely. To me, Bristol has not improved at all. Her samba showed it, and her paso will show it. The only dances she can pull off is when she's in hold and Mark leads her around the floor. Those are the dances the judges comment favorably the most. Audrina was 10x better, but lacked the fanbase and stunt casting curve. And though he wasn't the best overall, I'd still argue Kurt was better than her, but like Audrina, lacked the show support and obviously didn't have a fanbase that can compete with a Palin. In the end, that's what it'll come down to, as it does every season: popularity over ability. Whether it's due to the pro, or to the celeb (the only reason I'm convinced Brooke won was because she was with Derek). I would also argue that while Jennifer and Brandy are leaps and bounds ahead of the remaining 2, they aren't full fledged ringers like Nicole and Mya were. Their scoring and critiques have shown that. Nicole and Mya I think had 10s week 2, and perfect scores long before now.

  4. #434
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    535

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4102736;
    I respectfully disagree with the bolded above. I think Audrina and Rick were both much better dancers who were showing substanitally more improvement week to week than Bristol.

    I also don't think people are criticizing the fact that Bristol was a chunky girl when the show started as much as they are shocked she has gained weight over the process. Not losing weight a la Kelly isn't the same as gaining. Bristol is noticeably bigger which implies she isn't working very hard.
    I repectfully ask how does anyone know if she is truly gaining weight? Or that Kyle is staying the same....I guess Kyle is not working hard either being his weight doesn't seem drastically reduced since he started....

  5. #435
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    My only point is that they didn't gain weight on the show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  6. #436
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    535

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4102740;
    I think the point was that it's odd Bristol hasn't lost weight, and looks virtually the same when she started. I think Kyle looks a little slimmer, but as I mentioned, it doesn't help when Mark dressed her in overly tight fitting costumes that make it more noticable. Much like Sabrina Bryan, I think Bristol is naturally a big boned girl, so even if she's thin, she's still going to have curves. I don't think she looks bad at all. She may have lost weight, it make just not look it. Warren Sapp lost a bunch, but it didn't look like he did, either.

    In terms of her lasting over non-exceptional dancers, I disagree completely. To me, Bristol has not improved at all. Her samba showed it, and her paso will show it. The only dances she can pull off is when she's in hold and Mark leads her around the floor. Those are the dances the judges comment favorably the most. Audrina was 10x better, but lacked the fanbase and stunt casting curve. And though he wasn't the best overall, I'd still argue Kurt was better than her, but like Audrina, lacked the show support and obviously didn't have a fanbase that can compete with a Palin. In the end, that's what it'll come down to, as it does every season: popularity over ability. Whether it's due to the pro, or to the celeb (the only reason I'm convinced Brooke won was because she was with Derek). I would also argue that while Jennifer and Brandy are leaps and bounds ahead of the remaining 2, they aren't full fledged ringers like Nicole and Mya were. Their scoring and critiques have shown that. Nicole and Mya I think had 10s week 2, and perfect scores long before now.
    I agree Bristol that Bristol has a handicap due to her weight.....but where I disagree is she has not improved. Just go back to her first few weeks she reminded me of Kate G....like a "deer in headlights"...and that's how Kate remained until she left....Bristol though not "right in your face improvements" did much better.

    Bristol yes has a fan base, but she also is not totally with two left feet like some on the show this season and in the past. She has surprised a lot of people probably even the producers of the show.

    I, as most had her pegged to leave the first or second week.....

    Audrina to me was beautiful and she had a dancer's body but to me she had no emotion, and was stiff when dancing, and looked scared, but being she had those other attributes people overlooked her faults.....and yes she did not have the fanbase.....

    I feel and this is strictly me and maybe others that Bristol did really well her first dance last Monday.......her expression, precision in her footwork and determination shown through......but like I said she has to really show something special to beat Kyle next week and I don't think she will.......

  7. #437
    FORT Fanatic IrishGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    782

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Personally, I think Bristol could sit down in the middle of a dance and say, "This sucks...it's scr*wed", and still get a pass because her voters aren't watching the show. They are voting out of loyalty to her mom and it doesn't matter a bit how she performs. Ok , I'm exaggerating but that's how frustrating I find this.
    Last edited by IrishGal; 11-11-2010 at 12:44 AM.

  8. #438
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,983

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4102745;
    Audrina to me was beautiful and she had a dancer's body but to me she had no emotion, and was stiff when dancing, and looked scared, but being she had those other attributes people overlooked her faults.....and yes she did not have the fanbase.....

    I feel and this is strictly me and maybe others that Bristol did really well her first dance last Monday.......her expression, precision in her footwork and determination shown through......but like I said she has to really show something special to beat Kyle next week and I don't think she will.......
    It's not just you. I liked Bristol's first dance. I think it does show improvement over the season. I don't think it's just the two of us either. She isn't the best for sure, but obviously people don't always vote for the best dancers to last (Ty Murray anyone?) Generally a very good dancer will win, although there have been many seasons where the best technical dancer didn't win. Sometimes I think they are so perfect technically that they don't let the emotions out as much as some others and that's what fans connect with more.

    I think that what will happen is that while people may vote to carry Bristol this far because they just enjoy watching her they will taper off since it's getting closer to the actual trophy. Tom and Brooke are constantly telling you to vote for your favorites and who you want to see back again - not who is the best dancer. Who would have ever dreamed Billy Ray Cyrus would have ever stayed as long as he did?

    Audrina didn't have the fan votes, which is too bad because I was voting for her and would have liked to see her go further. That happens nearly every season where there is a 'surprise' elimination. If the fans don't connect the dancers just don't stay. Sabrina being the most shocking to tons of people, but not me. I was reading the boards that year all the time and so often people would remark that there was just something that they didn't like about her. I figured it would just take one week of her being near the bottom for her to go and that's just what happened.

  9. #439
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4102745;
    I agree Bristol that Bristol has a handicap due to her weight.....but where I disagree is she has not improved. Just go back to her first few weeks she reminded me of Kate G....like a "deer in headlights"...and that's how Kate remained until she left....Bristol though not "right in your face improvements" did much better.

    Bristol yes has a fan base, but she also is not totally with two left feet like some on the show this season and in the past. She has surprised a lot of people probably even the producers of the show.

    I, as most had her pegged to leave the first or second week.....

    Audrina to me was beautiful and she had a dancer's body but to me she had no emotion, and was stiff when dancing, and looked scared, but being she had those other attributes people overlooked her faults.....and yes she did not have the fanbase.....

    I feel and this is strictly me and maybe others that Bristol did really well her first dance last Monday.......her expression, precision in her footwork and determination shown through......but like I said she has to really show something special to beat Kyle next week and I don't think she will.......
    I knew she wouldn't be gone before the point Kate left at last season, but never imagined she'd be in the final 4. The only dances of Bristol's I've liked were the closed hold dances, and that's only because Mark leads her around. In the latin, she has obvious flaws, and I'll have to agree to disagree that she's improved since week 1. I can't tell the difference. They've all been the same for me: she's forgotten the routine in one case (or maybe more, it's hard to tell), she poses, she walks, Mark dances around her, and she shimmy's. I do think she's a shoo in for the finals, and that either Brandy or Kyle are leaving next week. I'm not saying she's not determined, not trying, and doesn't want to do well. I just don't think she can dance even remotely close to the remaining 3. The judges even got tough on Kate when it went too far, but Kate wasn't self aware. She thought she was better than she was, and apparently had no idea why people detest her so much. I think Bristol gets why people don't think she should be there, or why her scores have been the way they have. I do hope she and Mark aren't serious when they think they deserve better. Mark's screw up in their samba wasn't even noticeable to me, because Bristol couldn't handle it.

    If Bristol makes the final 3 over Brandy, I think it's fitting if she wins. It's unfortuante that better dancers have left, which isn't uncommon, but Bristol isn't even put on the same level as them. They gloss over mistakes, and even when they acknowledge them, she still gets high scores that she doesn't deserve. It's not fair to the other who are better that they get dinged over minor flaws.

    JMO Bristol's probably as much a shoo in for the finals as Jennifer. Whether they let her win is another story.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-11-2010 at 01:26 AM.

  10. #440
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,178

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4102734;
    In almost 2 years as of next month,as the bay was born end of Dec. 2008, and at the age of 20, I would expect someone to have lost the weight.
    Many of us were a lot older when we first had our babies. And, we lost the weight.
    Kyle was heavy when he came on the show. He's still the same. She's the only one I know, male or female, who's been gaining. That shows me that she's not working at all hard at this.
    Not everyone is predisposed to be thin. I have several friends who are heavier and they work out. All it does for them is tone them up....they haven't really lost much weight. Genetics plays a huge part in your body type and how quickly (or not) you lose weight. The girl is by no means "fat".

    Also, muscle weighs more than fat. If she's toning up, then she might just gain from muscle and not from laziness. We gossip about the Hollywood girls who are rail thin and complain about the bad influence they have on our daughters and then we complain when we see a girl who looks like the average kid in any high school. It completely baffles me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.