+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 768

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

  1. #421
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    I don't mind his new look, but he looks like he's trying to force a bad boy image to me, possibly because he knows Derek has "clean cut" all sewn up so he has to go for something different.

    I really hope he's just playing the game as it were and doesn't think he and Bristol are being underscored.
    I think she's been overscored from week one. The only time the judges really got honest, imo, is the week they gave technical and artstic scores. IIRC CA broke out the 4 that week.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  2. #422
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,331

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    I actually didn't know it was Mark in the pro dance till Tom said it afterwards. I was thinking, "that guy's really good..." and because I knew the woman wasn't a DWTS pro, I thought her partner wasn't either. Believe it or not, I kind of like his new look.
    As far as Maks was concerned, I appreciated what he was saying in that he "snapped" after unfairness and judging that has been all over the place - worse this season than usual. I think Len even agreed CA was being picky with Brandy (and Audrina) as evidenced by his remarks last week. And as evidenced by her vague criticisms of Audrina.
    However, Maks did go too far with his comments and letting his temper get the better of him. Especially because, as the pro, he shouldn't do anything to jeopardize Brandy's popularity with the fans, it was wrong. And yes, they did waste to much time at the beginning. I don't think Maks knew how most everyone else jumped into it sooner. The way CA handled it wasn't the best either. Her smug little smile was pretty irritating.
    I think what Mark and the other pros empathized with was the judges unfairness, uneven judging and, perhaps being judged by those (cough*Carrie Ann*cough) who aren't knowledgeable in their field.

  3. #423
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    32

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by deedreamer;4102125;
    I totally agree with everything you have said. I like Bristol. I know her time should be over now but I have enjoyed her and give her kudos for doing something that is so out of her comfort zone.


    I agree. I enjoyed her and voted for her the first few weeks, but stopped seeing more improvement (as I saw with Kyle) so I stopped voting for her.

    Clearly many people despise her mother and are connecting that to their voting and opinions of Bristol. It's a bit ridiculous. "Bristol doesn't care", Bristol "isn't worried, she knows she's a shoe-in". It's so silly. She's a 20-year-old kid who doesn't appear to be a naturally enthusiastic person, she comes off as shy and sweet. Not sure how all of that translates to this big conspiracy theory that Sarah Palin somehow has the power to ensure her daughter makes it to the finals.

    People, let go of your feelings about Sarah Palin and watch the show for it's entertainment purposes!

    I enjoyed Bristol's dancing up until recently. My votes now go to Kyle. For me it's not as fun to watch people who are naturally fantastic (like Jennifer and Brandy); I enjoy watching people who are out of their element and seeing how much they improve. Kyle is a winner to me for that.

  4. #424
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,124

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    I like Sarah Palin as a woman, mother, and as a person brave enough to speak her mind. I would never in a million years vote for her as our country's president.

    I like Bristol Palin as a young girl and as a person brave enough to go on a show like this (can't speak to her mothering skills). I would never in a millino years vote for her to continue on. She is charming as heck, but she should have gone a a while ago.

    I was really scared Kate was going to make it to the end last season and I have the same concern with Bristol.

  5. #425
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,772

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by GoFredGo;4102629;
    I agree. I enjoyed her and voted for her the first few weeks, but stopped seeing more improvement (as I saw with Kyle) so I stopped voting for her.

    Clearly many people despise her mother and are connecting that to their voting and opinions of Bristol. It's a bit ridiculous. "Bristol doesn't care", Bristol "isn't worried, she knows she's a shoe-in". It's so silly. She's a 20-year-old kid who doesn't appear to be a naturally enthusiastic person, she comes off as shy and sweet. Not sure how all of that translates to this big conspiracy theory that Sarah Palin somehow has the power to ensure her daughter makes it to the finals.

    People, let go of your feelings about Sarah Palin and watch the show for it's entertainment purposes!

    I enjoyed Bristol's dancing up until recently. My votes now go to Kyle. For me it's not as fun to watch people who are naturally fantastic (like Jennifer and Brandy); I enjoy watching people who are out of their element and seeing how much they improve. Kyle is a winner to me for that.
    I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin, but I didn't mind about Bristol continuing to be called safe until she started outlasting multiple dancers who were obviously better than she was. At this point, Bristol has gone further than people who were better than she was and people who were equally out of their element, at least in terms of dancing, and who showed more improvement. She's also started to show signs that she just doesn't get why she's getting the scores she's getting--that is, she's said that she doesn't understand why her scores aren't going up if she's showing improvement and she's said she doesn't see how she could show any more personality than she does while dancing (or words to that effect). If she's watching the other dancers at all and watching tapes of herself, she should be able to tell why she's not getting more than eights if some of them are getting nines. She should also be able to see how much more personality someone like Kyle is showing while dancing than she is. I know she hasn't any experience as a performer, and I don't blame her for that. But because she hasn't, she's at a distinct disadvantage at this point and should understandably be getting lower scores. The fact that she isn't getting significantly lower scores, even when she has to look to Mark for a lot more guidance than other contestants were seeking from their pros (e.g. during the insta-dance), bothers me a lot more than who her mom is. And, even though I don't like Sarah Palin, I doubt she's spending a huge amount of time trying to rally the troupes to vote for Bristol. It's not in her best interest to do so, really, because I doubt Sarah Palin wants to make it look like she's trying to rig anything. I do, however, resent those on-line campaigns to vote for Bristol even if one does not watch the show (and I'd resent it if anyone was doing that for any contestant). If you don't care about a show enough to watch it, I don't see why you should vote at all. I realize that there' s nothing in the rules that says voters have to watch the show to vote. I just am bothered by that personally. So, in my case, it's not what I think of Sarah Palin that's causing me to want Bristol to go home at all. It's not even anything I have against Bristol personally. I just think she's not a good enough dancer to make it to the finals, and I wish she wouldn't, because at this point, I'd much rather see the other three in the finals.

  6. #426
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by GoFredGo;4102629;
    I agree. I enjoyed her and voted for her the first few weeks, but stopped seeing more improvement (as I saw with Kyle) so I stopped voting for her.

    Clearly many people despise her mother and are connecting that to their voting and opinions of Bristol. It's a bit ridiculous. "Bristol doesn't care", Bristol "isn't worried, she knows she's a shoe-in". It's so silly. She's a 20-year-old kid who doesn't appear to be a naturally enthusiastic person, she comes off as shy and sweet. Not sure how all of that translates to this big conspiracy theory that Sarah Palin somehow has the power to ensure her daughter makes it to the finals.

    People, let go of your feelings about Sarah Palin and watch the show for it's entertainment purposes!

    I enjoyed Bristol's dancing up until recently. My votes now go to Kyle. For me it's not as fun to watch people who are naturally fantastic (like Jennifer and Brandy); I enjoy watching people who are out of their element and seeing how much they improve. Kyle is a winner to me for that.
    With all due respect, I've been able to separate her from her mother from Day 1. I realize this is an entertainment show and DWTS wants to appeal to a broad cross section of people.
    The problem that I've had with Bristol from Day 1 is that she doesn't appear to be trying very hard. Add to that, I just don't see any sweetness and light emanating from her. She uses words like sucks, screw*d, etc. that lead me to believe that she has no poise and is totally inarticulate. Add to that, her inability to show even the slightest modicum of personality, zest, enjoyment or enthusiasm for an opportunity that the average person in America would envy and / or die for. And then, the icing on the cake for me would be that in all these 8 weeks, she appears to be the only contestant to make it that far who actually gains weight and manages to make herself look even more oaflike.
    In summary, my feelings have absolutely nothing to do with Mrs. Palin. They have everything to do with an extremely ordinary, dull and vapid young lady who has taken a golden opportunity and turned it into a very dull and dark blight upon my TV screen.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  7. #427
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4102703;
    With all due respect, I've been able to separate her from her mother from Day 1. I realize this is an entertainment show and DWTS wants to appeal to a broad cross section of people.
    The problem that I've had with Bristol from Day 1 is that she doesn't appear to be trying very hard. Add to that, I just don't see any sweetness and light emanating from her. She uses words like sucks, screw*d, etc. that lead me to believe that she has no poise and is totally inarticulate. Add to that, her inability to show even the slightest modicum of personality, zest, enjoyment or enthusiasm for an opportunity that the average person in America would envy and / or die for. And then, the icing on the cake for me would be that in all these 8 weeks, she appears to be the only contestant to make it that far who actually gains weight and manages to make herself look even more oaflike.
    In summary, my feelings have absolutely nothing to do with Mrs. Palin. They have everything to do with an extremely ordinary, dull and vapid young lady who has taken a golden opportunity and turned it into a very dull and dark blight upon my TV screen.
    I do think Bristol may be being helped by being a Palin in terms of votes. But one could argue the same about past celebs having connections to beloved movies, a famous relative, or some huge sob story. If something was mailed out in droves to have people vote for her whether they watch or not, I don't think that's anything connected with her or her family. People make a point online at times of voting for the worst just because of how aggrivating it is. I'm sure not all of them do, and if they do, probably tire of it after the second time.

    My mom likes Bristol because it's obvious she has no experience. She doesn't agree she should still be there, but she's enjoyed watching her and didn't expect to. I do agree it's odd Bristol seems to have either gained weight or at the very least not lost much. I don't think Mark helps her with the tight fitting costumes he designs. My biggest issue with Bristol is more to do with the producers and the judges; always saving her for last, or near last, of the show. Giving her scores and comments she doesn't deserve while others who are actually having to try and improve get screwed over. I think she's enjoying herself but seems emotionally done, if the clips are anything to go by. She's not improving by judges scores much, and usually if they change it's typically for the worst.

  8. #428
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Kara,
    I expected her to stay on this show for a long time. I knew her fanbase would be huge.
    I have no problem with that, as that's the very nature of the show, whether we like it or not.
    My problem is simply having to watch her, as I, like you, really like this show.
    I do have to give major kudos to Mark this season. I've not always been a fan of his, but he is definitely Mother Teresa when it comes to her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  9. #429
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    535

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4102719;
    I do think Bristol may be being helped by being a Palin in terms of votes. But one could argue the same about past celebs having connections to beloved movies, a famous relative, or some huge sob story. If something was mailed out in droves to have people vote for her whether they watch or not, I don't think that's anything connected with her or her family. People make a point online at times of voting for the worst just because of how aggrivating it is. I'm sure not all of them do, and if they do, probably tire of it after the second time.

    My mom likes Bristol because it's obvious she has no experience. She doesn't agree she should still be there, but she's enjoyed watching her and didn't expect to. I do agree it's odd Bristol seems to have either gained weight or at the very least not lost much. I don't think Mark helps her with the tight fitting costumes he designs. My biggest issue with Bristol is more to do with the producers and the judges; always saving her for last, or near last, of the show. Giving her scores and comments she doesn't deserve while others who are actually having to try and improve get screwed over. I think she's enjoying herself but seems emotionally done, if the clips are anything to go by. She's not improving by judges scores much, and usually if they change it's typically for the worst.
    Seems to me Kyle weighs quite a bit and nobody is judging his weight.....and we have had heavier people in the past like Marie Osmund, who after the show lost a lot of weight, and Kelly Osbourne was not the exactly thin, and after the show she lost weight....

    ..but not during the show....and neither one had a baby recently.

    Yes Audrina, Jennifer, and Brandy have dancer bodies, and have the faces and grace that helps them dance better than a person with some weight on them...

    but

    If you go by improvement so far Kyle and Bristol have surpassed all the others prior to them who left....nobody who has left was an EXCEPTIONAL dancer who would have made it to the finals...

    Jennifer and Brandy are still on because they have a natural talent in dance and have the stage presence from past experience to pull this off...and did from the first show on....

    Therefore why we have the final four......

    Will the audience pick the most improved or the one of the naturals....???

  10. #430
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    In almost 2 years as of next month,as the bay was born end of Dec. 2008, and at the age of 20, I would expect someone to have lost the weight.
    Many of us were a lot older when we first had our babies. And, we lost the weight.
    Kyle was heavy when he came on the show. He's still the same. She's the only one I know, male or female, who's been gaining. That shows me that she's not working at all hard at this.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 11-10-2010 at 11:36 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.