+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by LovesSnowCO;4098120;
    Bristol simply dances!
    Sometimes. Sometimes she forgets what she's doing.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4097425;
    Bingo! I tried to state that a bit earlier. Bristol staying or going has nothing to do with anybody else's lack of fans. It is their fans which keep them in the hunt. People are either going to vote for them or not.
    I thought Audrina was a good dancer, and I personally thought she would be in the top 3. She got the judges' high scores - critical remarks' true dat - but she simply didn't get enough fan votes to keep her in the contest. We could see that on our scoring indicator thread.
    After a while I thought Audrina had a chance of getting into the finals too. The same voting base she had is voting for Bristol. They also voted for Mike. They don't care who Bristol's mom or dad is; they just see someone like them. I think the difference is Audrina wasn't the only one they were voting for, and now they are voting for Bristol and Kyle. My daughter even said she was surprised Audrina was eliminated when so many were voting for her - fans of The Hills.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

I don't know why the people of Alaska elected Palin governor, but I know she quit in the middle of her term to do more personally lucrative things. I also don't know what she accomplished if anything, except to bully anyone who disagreed with her.

Popularity doesn't necessarily have anything to do with talent, intelligence, or character anymore. It often just means notariety or curiousity. Lots of people are popular, but don't necessarily have any redeeming characteristics - same as some talk show hosts and political pundits or politicians.

And people do care about education and knowledge and words and manners and civility. Bristol is on DWTS because her mother is notorious. She can now say she is a reality tv "star" but other than that and her advocacy, as an unwed teen mother, for absinance from sex before marriage, she has not exhibited anything remarkable. She may be a nice girl, but she is not smart or talented or philanthropic. She is staying on DWTS beyond her talent level not because she has earned it, but because her notorious mother is arranging it for her.

I doubt very much anyone is interested in Bristol's opinions about unemployment or out of control spending - if she even has an opinion. And I doubt that has anything to do with the votes she is getting.
    Last edited by jelle; 11-04-2010 at 11:57 PM.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I'm really disappointed that Bristol is still there and that she not only knocked out two better dancers, but two who were 2nd on the leader board. That's crazy, but I guess understandable. It was the same with TY and a very loyal fanbase~~I knew they'd take him far and I guess in the back of my mind the same possibility that Palin fans would take her far. The difference between the two of them are the ability to have fun with this experience and work ethic. Bristol hasn't appeared (to me) that she is having fun and is kinda unmotivated.

The fact that she is working in a rather menial full time job instead of attending college puzzles me. One would think with a mother like she has--very ambitious and determined that some of that drive and ambition would rub off on Bristol too. Get into college, get a degree and with her mother's connections she could get whatever dream job she wants. I mean her mother may not be relevant in 4-5 years. One can hope. Ooops did I say that out loud? So I am really curious about why Bristol isn't in college. Could it be that she is trying to be the opposite of her mother? Are the other kids her age also not attending college? Is it the mindset of her peers living in Wasilla? Hmmm

One last point. Is she dating Mark? Or is he in like with her or something? The way they hold hands while getting their scores is different, hands are laced together. And that kiss on the shoulder--kinda intimate for just friends no? If they are dating he is way more into her than she is into him.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

A national paper today talked about Bristol not sending in her absentee ballot and voting. She admits it. It's ironic that she is being saved week after week by many who support her politician mother and she doesn't vote. Maybe they will be ticked and there will be backlash this week. Ahhh...to
    dream. lol

No, I don't think there is anything to Mark's affection. He does this every season and every season there is speculation about whomever is his partner. He is just an affectionate guy, seems to feel deeply for others and perhaps that is the culture in his own family. I noticed that Derek used to be like that too but not so much this time but in the past definitely. Derek and Mark were raised together for a time in what must have been a very affectionate atmosphere, it's kinda sweet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4098600;
    A national paper today talked about Bristol not sending in her absentee ballot and voting. She admits it. It's ironic that she is being saved week after week by many who support her politician mother and she doesn't vote. Maybe they will be ticked and there will be backlash this week. Ahhh...to
    dream. lol
    The media will run with this and milk it to death. Personally I don't like her mother but I really don't think ill of Bristol because she didn't vote. I just don't care.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;4098514;
    I don't know why the people of Alaska elected Palin governor, but I know she quit in the middle of her term to do more personally lucrative things. I also don't know what she accomplished if anything, except to bully anyone who disagreed with her.

Popularity doesn't necessarily have anything to do with talent, intelligence, or character anymore. It often just means notariety or curiousity. Lots of people are popular, but don't necessarily have any redeeming characteristics - same as some talk show hosts and political pundits or politicians.

And people do care about education and knowledge and words and manners and civility. Bristol is on DWTS because her mother is notorious. She can now say she is a reality tv "star" but other than that and her advocacy, as an unwed teen mother, for absinance from sex before marriage, she has not exhibited anything remarkable. She may be a nice girl, but she is not smart or talented or philanthropic. She is staying on DWTS beyond her talent level not because she has earned it, but because her notorious mother is arranging it for her.

I doubt very much anyone is interested in Bristol's opinions about unemployment or out of control spending - if she even has an opinion. And I doubt that has anything to do with the votes she is getting.
    [mod edit]
    I guess none of this would even be discussed if people treated this girl on this show as a teen advocate who has gone into high schools and been in interviews to discourage kids from making her mistake.......Who knows how many teens listened to her and saved some child from coming into this world unwanted....yes her mom being famous may it possible for her to do this....goood for Bristol.....

Her participation is a fun, competetive activity rather than a political statement..and people on here are going to the extreme in making this more than it is........

I would much rather have a kid like this on the show who was very emphatic that she would not go to the extreme in the outfits and has maintained a real, honest, not airs about her, and a willingness to learn which is a positive example to kids watching....

She, and Kyle also show young adults that despite your age and no ability in ballroom dancing you can still try and succeed....

Rather than people like the Situation, or other young people who represent sexual videos, DUI's, and continuous court dates, stupid reality shows....and Hollywood types who sure have a lot to say about Ms. Palin but their lives need an overhaul with the excess they are privy to....
    Last edited by hepcat; 11-05-2010 at 12:47 PM.

FORT Newbie

I am interested in what Bristol has to say on any subject. I have the same interest in most of the other participants on the show because I like to know what people are thinking on a variety of subjects. I believe that to be open to other opinions helps me to remain more objective and better grounded. I really like Bristol. I admire how she has handled herself with the media, especially. I like Brandy and Kyle, too. I am hoping for a Brandy win but I will be sad to see Bristol and Kyle go. So, my choice would be for the three of them at the end. Now, that is a different opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4097538;
    That vacuums, I will have to remember that, good one
    When I worked in a middle school library - kids would say That Sucks all the time. I told them to say That Vacuums. They would all look at me like I lost it. And then I would ask them what does a vacuum do - it sucks. Most of them would then say Vacuums instead of the other word.

+ Reply to Thread