+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

It was quite sad to see Bristol so upset on the clip last night.
    It would appear she wants to go as much as I want her to go.
    I don't think her fans will relent though, they seem to be on a mission to make some kind of point by having her stay in the competition as long as possible.

I'm not sure what I make of the prospect of her doing an AT.
    It's one of my favourite dances and I just can't imagine she's going to be able to pull it off to the degree that makes it an enjoyable dance for me to watch.
    I don't think she will get the character right and will struggle with the intricate footwork, although Mark will probably minimize how much of that there is.
    I'll be interested to see how many lifts Mark attempts. No offence to Bristol, she's certainly not fat, but she is a pretty solid looking young woman. I can't imagine Mark being able to make lifting her look terribly graceful. Perhaps I'm underestimating his strength though, he has bulked up a little over the years.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4096953;
    I think they're doing two dances. Maks tweeted he and Brandy have the waltz, and said their second dance is the one where they'll have the music given to them at that second (or 20 minutes before, whatever it was). Still, AT is probably going to be easier for Bristol to do than the paso or samba. But I do think it'll be a challenge. It's not as easy of a closed hold dance, although she pulled her tango off better than I thought.

I'm not voting for Bristol, but if she's pulling in ratings, and has people talking, she must be making the producers happy. She deserves to stay based on the format of judges/audience votes combined, even if I think her number is up. I thought for sure she was gone tonight. However, maybe the teary confessional about wanting to go home will become a reality next week. Unless she changes her tune since she's still in it.
    I do wonder if this was sort of a subtle hint/plea to her mother's supporters to stop voting for her. I suspect that she is not going to enjoy the added rehearsal time necessary to work on two full dances a week now, I've heard it's up to 10 hours a day, seven days a week. Even with a baby, I don't think she is used to working this hard, and it's even lot of effort/investment/pressure for someone who is a performer/competitor and loves being center stage, which we know she is not. I agree that when she was announced as safe, Mark's reaction was shock and jubilation and hers was more like "uh oh".

I am fully resigned to her in the finale now. My dream is that it is with Jennifer and Brandy, with Brandy the surprise winner. Maks will get his trophy and Derek and Mark can cry on each other's shoulders. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4097199;
    I don't think her fans will relent though, they seem to be on a mission to make some kind of point by having her stay in the competition as long as possible.I'm not sure what I make of the prospect of her doing an AT.
    It's one of my favourite dances and I just can't imagine she's going to be able to pull it off to the degree that makes it an enjoyable dance for me to watch.
    I don't think she will get the character right and will struggle with the intricate footwork, although Mark will probably minimize how much of that there is.
    I'll be interested to see how many lifts Mark attempts. No offence to Bristol, she's certainly not fat, but she is a pretty solid looking young woman. I can't imagine Mark being able to make lifting her look terribly graceful. Perhaps I'm underestimating his strength though, he has bulked up a little over the years.
    Thus the problem I have with introducing politics into this show. The zealots are all about proving a point and nothing else. It's not even about Bristol anymore if this voting block gets their wish.

I believe the secret to doing a lift is in the liftee learning how to relax or hold their body in a way that makes them not "dead weight'. If Mark can teach Bristol this, they will be okay. Otherwise, I fear for his back.

Tammi: At least three weeks -- possibly more often -- Bristol has said that her scores "sucked". Now I realize that kids (and some classless adults) use that word in common language, BUT Mrs. Palin or someone in her camp should have corrected her the first time she said it on national television. Instead, Bristol continued to find "sucks" to be appropriate vernacular for her interviews.
    I doubt she could think of another word to say. I've noticed most of the younger generation use the word "LIKE" constantly. I've seen Meghan McCain (daughter of Senator John McCain) on several talk shows she used the word "LIKE" constantly and also said "sucks" occasionally. She is at least 22 years old with a college education. I would think any child with Meghan's background of wealth and privilege would know better. Bristol, like most of the younger generation could care less and I doubt their parents would dare correct them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;4097225;
    I doubt she could think of another word to say. I've noticed most of the younger generation use the word "LIKE" constantly. I've seen Meghan McCain (daughter of Senator John McCain) on several talk shows she used the word "LIKE" constantly and also said "sucks" occasionally. She is at least 22 years old with a college education. I would think any child with Meghan's background of wealth and privilege would know better. Bristol, like most of the younger generation could care less and I doubt their parents would dare correct them.
    I am so with you there. I have never heard a word so misued such as the word "like".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4097199;
    I don't think her fans will relent though, they seem to be on a mission to make some kind of point by having her stay in the competition as long as possible.

I'm not sure what I make of the prospect of her doing an AT.
    I don't think her fans will relent over her homesickness anymore than Jennifer's fans relented over her aches and pains!

I think that the only time that I have really seen the edit influence the vote was with Jake bullying sweet little Chelsie during rehearsal. He took a direct hit on that one with the vote that week.

I wonder how the votes fall after someone is eliminated - Rick for instance. Now that he's gone, do his fans stop voting or do they start voting for someone else - I suppose it's both, but I'd say anyone would be hard pressed to start voting for Pistol at this point - wouldn't these fans rather vote for someone worthy of the trophy?? I wonder when the scale tips - how many eliminations does it take until Pistol's votes are low enough to send her home?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4097255;
    I wonder how the votes fall after someone is eliminated - Rick for instance. Now that he's gone, do his fans stop voting or do they start voting for someone else - I suppose it's both, but I'd say anyone would be hard pressed to start voting for Pistol at this point - wouldn't these fans rather vote for someone worthy of the trophy?? I wonder when the scale tips - how many eliminations does it take until Pistol's votes are low enough to send her home?
    I've always wondered that about Idol too.
    I always suspected that if people did continue to vote after their favourite was ousted they probably didn't do so with as much gusto as they voted for their favourite and they possibly cast "negative" votes, e.g. vote for Ruben after Kim L was knocked out because you don't want Clay to win.

With the limited amount of votes able to be cast each week on DWTS, I wonder whether people are equally as likely to vote once their favourites leave.
    If they're only voting one phone line I suspect most Rick fans would bother to cast five votes for someone next week.

As for the tipping point for Bristol, that may not happen until she's final three and voters have fewer people to split their votes between.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm still holding out hope she goes this week. I can't imagine show wants her as far as semis or finale. If they had scored her accurately a few weeks ago perhaps she would already be gone.

I felt bad for her this week. She clearly wants to go back to Alaska and be with her baby. She didn't intend or want to go this far. She has been ready to go for weeks and now she's exhausted and beyond ready. I think even Mark thought they'd be out long before now. She knows she's the worst one and she knows she is being kept there for an agenda not for her dancing and experience. The media is getting harsh towards her over the last few weeks because she has now taken out 3 better dancers. While people might get past Flo, Audrina and Rick leaving aren't so easy to swallow.

If her fans really cared about her they would honor her wishes. I pray this is it for politicians and their offspring. I don't see AT going well for her. It's a lot of kicks and flicks that are meant to be fast and it's a dance where emotion and passion come into play in a big way. I also don't see Mark being able to lift her all that much. He's on the small side and she's a little bigger than most women on this show.

If Rick fans vote Kyle and Kurt that could be the best way to get Bristol out. I think Brandy and Jenn have the scores and fans to keep them in it.
    Last edited by ChelsieFan; 11-03-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4097259;
    As for the tipping point for Bristol, that may not happen until she's final three and voters have fewer people to split their votes between.
    Unless the judge's start to put some distance between the best and worst scores I don't see her leaving until the final 3.

This doesn't bother me too much since Brandy and Jennifer are so much better than the rest that it doesn't really matter who will be #3. I think Audrina was the only one that could have challenged them, and she is gone. With her gone, Rick was the next best also-ran, but he is gone too.

I don't really blame Bristol for these departures--even if she left two weeks ago Audrina and Rick were never going to make the finals since they apparently don't have enough fan base to get them there.

+ Reply to Thread