+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

It wouldn't shock me to see her in the F3, and possibly knocking out Brandy at F2 (or maybe even at F4)

Picture a F2 of Jennifer and Pistol................
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4096497;
    It wouldn't shock me to see her in the F3, and possibly knocking out Brandy at F2 (or maybe even at F4)

Picture a F2 of Jennifer and Pistol................
    Well.... there would be no griping at that point about Jennifer then, would there?

Since we seem to be resigned to the idea of Bristol staying another week at least, I checked to see which dances she has left to do, and they are running out of those that can be done in hold. So next week, she will have to perform 2 out of the following: Paso, Samba, Argentine Tango, or Waltz. Considering she just did a Viennese Waltz, I doubt they would give her a regular Waltz (although, if they do, it is blatant coddling). Chances are she will have to do at least one of the first two, which is a trainwreck waiting to happen. If she has to stick around, at least I'm going to try to take some enjoyment out of watching that.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4096539;
    Since we seem to be resigned to the idea of Bristol staying another week at least, I checked to see which dances she has left to do, and they are running out of those that can be done in hold. So next week, she will have to perform 2 out of the following: Paso, Samba, Argentine Tango, or Waltz. Considering she just did a Viennese Waltz, I doubt they would give her a regular Waltz (although, if they do, it is blatant coddling). Chances are she will have to do at least one of the first two, which is a trainwreck waiting to happen. If she has to stick around, at least I'm going to try to take some enjoyment out of watching that.
    I could see them giving her the AT and waltz That would leave her with 2 latin dances for what would be her final week, because the thought of seeing her do a samba (correction-attempt to do a samba), and a paso, which can be more closed hold, has me scared and yet amused. She'd never pull it off. I can't even believe they could find things to compliment her on. I'd rather see Bristol go out on a high note than leave with that last impression. I still can't get the gorilla suits out of my head. Of course, by then, her only real competition would be Kyle/Rick, because none of those 3 compare to Brandy/Jennifer. Rick, for whatever reason, is in Wonderland with the judges. Kyle I'm not sure, I think he's halfway between Wonderland and getting a swift kick out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4096562;
    I could see them giving her the AT and waltz That would leave her with 2 latin dances for what would be her final week, because the thought of seeing her do a samba (correction-attempt to do a samba), and a paso, which can be more closed hold, has me scared and yet amused. She'd never pull it off. I can't even believe they could find things to compliment her on. I'd rather see Bristol go out on a high note than leave with that last impression. I still can't get the gorilla suits out of my head. Of course, by then, her only real competition would be Kyle/Rick, because none of those 3 compare to Brandy/Jennifer. Rick, for whatever reason, is in Wonderland with the judges. Kyle I'm not sure, I think he's halfway between Wonderland and getting a swift kick out the door.
    I'm pretty sure that in the past, they have always given the celebs one ballroom and one latin dance in each of the final two weeks, so hopefully the same will apply for Bristol. If the producers know that her mother's fanbase is keeping her in at this point no matter how she performs, there's really no reason to change it (hopefully), and we will get to be amused/repulsed by her attempt at either "sexy fun" or "sexy passion". Can't wait.

Am also running through Mark's costume options in my head as I post. Double can't wait.

FORT Regular

Mark tweeted that their next dance will be the Argentine tango.
    This instant dance gimmick ought to be interesting to say the least.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think they're doing two dances. Maks tweeted he and Brandy have the waltz, and said their second dance is the one where they'll have the music given to them at that second (or 20 minutes before, whatever it was). Still, AT is probably going to be easier for Bristol to do than the paso or samba. But I do think it'll be a challenge. It's not as easy of a closed hold dance, although she pulled her tango off better than I thought.

I'm not voting for Bristol, but if she's pulling in ratings, and has people talking, she must be making the producers happy. She deserves to stay based on the format of judges/audience votes combined, even if I think her number is up. I thought for sure she was gone tonight. However, maybe the teary confessional about wanting to go home will become a reality next week. Unless she changes her tune since she's still in it.

FORT Regular

Makes you wonder how someone in Bristol's situation can cool the votes, since she has to know they are (in part) coming from her Mom's following.
    Feigning an injury is definitely out and she doesn't seem to be the type to slack off, but the thought of being in the final 5, 4, 3 must be extremely daunting.
    All she did was accept an offer to have a little fun, a change of pace in a warmer climate, and now she has to be asking herself, how do I get out of this predicament.

I think her little melt down was real, but I also don't believe that she hasn't seen her child in 7 weeks. Mama Palin was in the audience one week that I remember - you can't tell me that arrangement haven't been made so that he can be there a few days a week. Hogwash.

And did everyone notice how high Mark jumped when they were called safe. He was happier than Bristol.

Mark and Derek F2 ---- I'm calling it right now. (Cuz frankly, isn't that what it really means??)
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by SsnWard;4096949;
    Mark tweeted that their next dance will be the Argentine tango.
    This instant dance gimmick ought to be interesting to say the least.
    Still a dance where he can drag her around the stage...and the judges only comment will be that it lacks "passion" I for one have had enough of her galloping body on my TV. If only her mother's voters would give grant her wish and send her back home!

+ Reply to Thread