+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4096212;
    She was clearly overscored and should be the one leaving tonight, but I fear she survives and knocks out another better dancer.......
    Yes she was and yes she should and yes she probably will.

She was the clear dud in the team dance. Even though her segment seemed to consist of a fair amount of arm raising and posing it was still obvious to me she was below the level of the other stars.
    Whenever she doesn't get a dance where she can maintain close hold with Mark she looks like a real clunker, imo.

I said in the show thread she got a gift of a dance to reinvent.
    Imagine if they'd given her Mel and Maks' Paso.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sometimes I wish that Fans of Reality TV had a like button as there are so many posts that I like and agree with but know we aren't supposed to take up space to say so but I so much "like" the thoughtful posts and agree with so many of the thoughts expressed you just want to say so!!! Maybe just a or a would do the trick beside a post

FORT Fan

In reality - "Bristallion" galloped around the floor like Mr. Ed with layers of all that chiffon over his head. She basically got yet another dance where Mark could overdance her, drag her around the floor since she doesn't know where to go on her own, and obscure her awful footwork with layers of her dress.

Awful. Just awful. And MASSIVELY overscored yet again.

Len may have been a bit contrite last night and decided on several of the dancers not to "nitpick" - possibly in recognition of the judges getting Audrina booted way before her time - but Bristol should have been laid out with 4's and 5's for that mess. It's the constant overscoring that is keeping her there - not the judges comments so much in her case. She is given scores that her mother's fanbase can easily overcome.

Boo.

If the judges had given her appropriate scores after the Monkees dance she might have gone that week.
    I wish I could remember Len's scoring chart because I think turning up and finishing the dance gets you about a 4. She got three 6's. She seems to have been overstored almost every week.
    The judges don't seem to be scoring her on the same scale as everyone else.
    They should not give her credit for not being a performer, they should take into account the often dumbed-down choreo Mark gives her, which she often still doesn't dance clean.
    If Bruno dinged Audrina a point for a slight footwork error he should have knocked Bristol down to about a 2 for all the mistakes she made in the Monkees routine.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by tiamaria62;4096312;
    in reality - "bristallion" galloped around the floor like mr. Ed with layers of all that chiffon over his head. She basically got yet another dance where mark could overdance her, drag her around the floor since she doesn't know where to go on her own, and obscure her awful footwork with layers of her dress.
    spot on!...

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4096312;
    In reality - "Bristallion" galloped around the floor like Mr. Ed with layers of all that chiffon over his head. She basically got yet another dance where Mark could overdance her, drag her around the floor since she doesn't know where to go on her own, and obscure her awful footwork with layers of her dress.
    I couldn't agree more. I haven't been watching the whole season, but have caught her a few times and she is terrible.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I actually didn't think Bristol did that badly, she just wasn't that good. I'm certainly ready for her to take her money and go home. Though I'm looking forward to her leaving, if it were Rick (euuwwww) or even Kyle instead, (he's starting to really get on my nerves) I'd be okay. The big one for me is that Bristol outlasted Audrina. Totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4096123;
    I think Bristol wants to go beyond her own boundaries and make a name for herself. Since the Palins have a reality show starting up on TLC (which I'm assuming Bristol's a part of), it could be for promotion of that. Or just to say she had a really cool experience once. If people are voting for her, for whatever reason, I can't hold that against her, or them. It's fair and square and what happens when you let America vote. Given our judging panel, I'm glad we have that option.

Bristol should have gone out the week Florence left, as I think she was better than Bolton, and probably equal to David and Margaret. But Audrina never should have left over her, Rick, or Kyle. And Kurt, as much as that pains me to say it. She held her own better than I thought she would in the team dance, but she still got outdanced by her partner. I notice the judges were still more subdued in their comments than they had been in previous weeks when everything was all sunshine where Bristol was concerned. But they still gave her 8s. Her VW wasn't bad, about as good as her tango (maybe a little worse, it's hard to tell). I think she should go tomorrow, and am hoping she does. I also think Mark needs a season off to put his ego in check. I was surprised by the judges remarks that they felt no chemistry and a disconnect between these two. I haven't really thought that, but they didn't seem to object when it was brought up.
    Since there is no escaping seeing the promo for it, which seems to run constantly on TLC, I have seen her in the "family shot" for the show; therefore she must be taking part.

Because of the relatively close scoring last night, combined with the high total number of points given, the difference between Bristol, and Brandy/Jennifer (7 points) is very easy to overcome with fan voting. So if, as many suspect, she has one of the larger fanbases, she isn't going anywhere tonight. I think whoever has the smallest fanbase (probably either Kyle or Brandy) is leaving instead. Such a shame, because they are probably the two best after Jennifer. At this rate, the finale is going to be a disaster.

I admire Bristol from starting with nothing and trying her best or at least making an effort. When has this show been about the best dancer outlasting the others? Good dancers always go home because they don't have enough "fans" to support them. I think the producers know who they want to see in the finals, and you can be sure all of them will make it. Bristol won't. They're not stupid. We may bitch and moan about who gets eliminated when on the way up, but they'd never let someone like her get all the way to the final 3.

I had to laugh at the judges last night saying Bristol and Mark had no chemistry. My daughter said from the beginning she thinks he's "into her." Of course she hasn't watched the show that much!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4096336;
    If the judges had given her appropriate scores after the Monkees dance she might have gone that week.
    I wish I could remember Len's scoring chart because I think turning up and finishing the dance gets you about a 4. She got three 6's. She seems to have been overstored almost every week.
    The judges don't seem to be scoring her on the same scale as everyone else.
    They should not give her credit for not being a performer, they should take into account the often dumbed-down choreo Mark gives her, which she often still doesn't dance clean.
    If Bruno dinged Audrina a point for a slight footwork error he should have knocked Bristol down to about a 2 for all the mistakes she made in the Monkees routine.
    Mistakes? She barely danced in the Monkees routine. And TV theme week or not, no one else but Jennifer/Derek and Maks/Brandy used props but Brandy's didn't drag on like the gorilla suits, and Jennifer's seemed to fit the dance a little more. It may have been messing about to Len, but 6s that dance wasn't worth. Didn't they give Mike a bunch of 4s for doing a lift heavy AT? Because Bristol gave a clunk worthy, forgot half the routine and admitted it jive. I noticed Len credited team Apolo last night for not dumbing down the choreography of their group. I wondered if that was a subtle dig.

I admire Bristol from starting with nothing and trying her best or at least making an effort. When has this show been about the best dancer outlasting the others? Good dancers always go home because they don't have enough "fans" to support them. I think the producers know who they want to see in the finals, and you can be sure all of them will make it. Bristol won't. They're not stupid. We may bitch and moan about who gets eliminated when on the way up, but they'd never let someone like her get all the way to the final 3.

I had to laugh at the judges last night saying Bristol and Mark had no chemistry. My daughter said from the beginning she thinks he's "into her." Of course she hasn't watched the show that much!
    I have as big an issue with the judges acting like Rick's the next Fred Astaire as I do with them overscoring Bristol. I know it's not uncommon for worst dancers to outlast better dancers on this show. Where the difference to me is Bristol seems to be on her own playing field. She's getting high marks and praise for barely finishing a routine when, as fluff pointed out, someone like Audrina or Brandy are dinged for one minor mistake. Even some of the dud contestants who made it far, like Ty Murray or Marie Osmond, were on the wrong side of the judges by now. I doubt we'll be hearing Len tell Bristol she needs to hit the road like he did with Ty. If she sticks around, it's fair, but I wish the show would stop making her out to be better than she is and ding the better performers for something stupid while she gets praised.

+ Reply to Thread