+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4090431;
    I know many people do not think Bristol will go this week but I'm thinking she does. People may like her mom etc or whatever but most of the time when that's been the case they still eventually go when or about when you might think. At least in the past. Except for Kate last season.
    Since the general assumption these days is that the show interferes with the actual vote counts and decides when people should go in order to tell a more interesting story, for once I HOPE that they step in and get rid of Bristol this week, even though her organized fanbase will keep saving her. It's the only way to maintain some kind of believability to this season. Bristol simply doesn't have any kind of potential for improvement, so it's just leading her on to keep saving her.

Even Kate only lasted 4 weeks, though it seemed like twice as long...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I hope Bristol goes this week too. It's one week past her time and it's enough now. Lats thing we need is a results show on Election Day buying her yet another week next week. Media is already thinking she should be gone and if she stays much longer it becomes a mockery. I know some think votes can get her to finale but show would never let it happen due to mockery factor.

FORT Fan

I think tonight and tomorrow night are pivotal. We need to carefully watch whatever stunts the judges/producers pull as far as dance order, scoring, fixing the order of the marathon, the fake "in jeopardy" - if we are paying attention, it will pretty much spell out the rest of the season for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4090476;
    I think tonight and tomorrow night are pivotal. We need to carefully watch whatever stunts the judges/producers pull as far as dance order, scoring, fixing the order of the marathon, the fake "in jeopardy" - if we are paying attention, it will pretty much spell out the rest of the season for us.
    Agreed. I think tonight will be telling. Only two never to dance first are Bristol and Kyle. Kyle at least has gone early but Bristol never has. This will be the first telling sign of the night.

I initially had positive feelings about Bristol being on this show in an effort to support her being an independent entity from her mother. It appears that is not the case, though, both when it comes to the endless abstinence-only nonsense as well as her mother - or her mother's political cohorts - sending out letters to political lists urging them to vote for Bristol. Those two things really sour my feelings about it because they bring everything back to her nut job mother.

And I'm not interested in hearing how any mother would support her teenage daughter being on DWTS. Any truly worthy mother would support her teenage daughter attending college.

I missed last week's show because of the Yankees and am watching the Cowboys-Giants tonight. If she isn't gone after this week, though, I may just bag the whole rest of this season because this whole Bristol thing has just become way too annoying for me.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

She was better this week but on the whole she's stiil been the worst. I'm sure her mother's fanbase will keep her in it long past her time which was actually last week. I don't think she gets as far as semis but she will be get through this week. I wonder if she will go on ED next week. That could bring it full circle.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Bristol's going to get through this week. They gave her the easier dance of the two, and she should have been out of the marathon dance first. I think Bristol's still sweet, but I'm feeling like she's buying into her own hype. She's getting by because she's a Palin, not because she's a good dancer, or even one that's like Kelly Osbourne that you can't help but root for (imo). Her dance was better, probably her best yet, but she got the easier of the two, and I don't think that was an accident. Nor do I think giving a rock n roll for the marathon, instead of a basic style like swing or mambo (I think that was season 9's). Since it's the 200th episode next week, they'll want her around. Team dances may be her downfall or may get her through, depending what side she falls on. Either the judges are going to set her straight and turn on her, or, if she keeps lasting, will have to raise her scores and find positive praise to justify her sticking around.

FORT Fogey

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a dance show or an expression of political support. Just one fan's humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4090853;
    I'm beginning to wonder if this is a dance show or an expression of political support. Just one fan's humble opinion.
    Have to agree..I cringe each week when they announce her as "Teen activist"...what?? Is that what they call kids of political candidates these days

She did very well this week - if she stays it's on merit.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread