+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 77 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

WOW! That is jaw-dropping information. So, the elephant I've been avoiding is licking stamps.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Bristol and the show are going to get some pretty nasty backlash and while bad press may be good press in TV land, this might be an exception. I think it'll become a turnoff and look even more rigged than it already does if she lasts beyond this week.

Since we have the marathon dance (a lindy hop which I think Bristol will tank at), and the judges have the ability to take out who they want when they want, they'll have to have a really good reason for keeping Bristol in over anyone else. Sight unseen I can't imagine her being better than anyone else. Sadly, I do think someone else is likely to get the boot this week. If we have team dances coming up, I pity whoever gets her and Mark. Why dance, just pick a score.

FORT Fogey

If Bristol Palin does not go home next week, there will be many cries of "Foul" to be heard. She has zero talent. Sorry.

To the Point

It should have been her this week. I do think she comes across as a sweet, young girl, but she can't let go enough, and she seems to have issues remembering choreography. While I believe she is really trying, I also think she would be just fine with going home. She knows that she comes up way short of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4089094;
    I was talking to my 93 yr old ultra-conservative mom tonight and she totally shocked me. She has never watched a reality tv show in her life but she made an off-hand comment about how my younger sister reminded her of Sarah Palin's daughter. I said, what? She said, well they are both heavy girls but pretty and graceful. I said, WHAT? She said, well I've been watching Palin's daughter on that dancing show...what's it called? I said, you mean "dancing with the stars"? She said, that's it, honey. I said WHATWHATWHY? She said, well I got a letter asking me to watch and support her daughter so I have been. I said, have you been voting for Bristol? She said, oh, of course, Sarah asked me to, so of course I am...I just keep calling and voting as many times as I can. I said, but you can barely use the phone. She said, they make it easy and it's an important cause honey.

I'm in shock!
    WOW, just WOW! I am surprised the media hasn't latched on to this already. Many have been claiming as much for months, but to have it confirmed just kills me. Thing is, I think Bristol could have done ok on her own. To many, she is what this show was originally supposed to be about - someone who didn't know how to dance, being taught, and actually being fairly decent. I do agree that her time has come to leave. I am a bit concerned that Kyle and maybe even Audrina will go before her though. And the part about it being an important cause?? Again, WOW, just WOW. Did your mom say whether the letter actually said that, or that was just her take?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4089094;
    I was talking to my 93 yr old ultra-conservative mom tonight and she totally shocked me. She has never watched a reality tv show in her life but she made an off-hand comment about how my younger sister reminded her of Sarah Palin's daughter. I said, what? She said, well they are both heavy girls but pretty and graceful. I said, WHAT? She said, well I've been watching Palin's daughter on that dancing show...what's it called? I said, you mean "dancing with the stars"? She said, that's it, honey. I said WHATWHATWHY? She said, well I got a letter asking me to watch and support her daughter so I have been. I said, have you been voting for Bristol? She said, oh, of course, Sarah asked me to, so of course I am...I just keep calling and voting as many times as I can. I said, but you can barely use the phone. She said, they make it easy and it's an important cause honey.

I'm in shock!
    I find this a difficult one to gulp down.......I am sure she is a lovely 93 year old ... but 93....a letter for anyone to read.....someone would be crazy to put that in print especially with the political climate.......don't buy it...

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4089231;
    ....someone would be crazy to put that in print especially with the political climate.......don't buy it...
    You forget who this is all about - she is crazy.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4089231;
    I find this a difficult one to gulp down.......I am sure she is a lovely 93 year old ... but 93....a letter for anyone to read.....someone would be crazy to put that in print especially with the political climate.......don't buy it...
    See, I actually find it hard to believe that a 93 year old who apparently wasn't familiar with the show before this would be able to make something like that up.

I guess the big question is who the letter actually came from? Did your mom say who it was from?

Sorry to have created a brouhaha!

No, she didn't specify who the letter was from. She contributes extensively to right-wing causes and as a consequence she gets gobs of political mail daily (I see it when I visit her....like 4 or 5 pieces of mail per day and she reads every one and often writes a check). She also spends all day listening to right-wing radio (like Rush).

I've been thinking about this extensively since last night. First, there is nothing illegal about asking your supporters to tune in to a TV show to show support for your kid. In fact, it's just the kind of folksy, personal thing that some politicians like to do. Remember back in the election, McCain referred to his daughter's blog which made her an overnight super-star among Repub circles and certainly earned her a bunch of money? Second, the letter may have come from anywhere given the amount of political solicitations my mom gets. Maybe a local Women's Repub group sent it out? Then when she first watched the show and saw that it was possible to vote by phone, she interpreted support to mean call and vote (which is clearly what the point was, regardless of who sent the actual letter). She definitely thinks anything that supports Repub candidates she likes (and she loves Sarah) is an important cause.

I'll be talking to her over the weekend and will try to get more info. Has Sarah ever tweeted anything about Bristol and DWTS? Cuz if she has, it would be the same as mailing it out but even more far-reaching.

ETA: In fact I just checked her Twitter. She not only says she is voting for Bristol but she includes the phone number so her followers can vote. So yeah.
    Last edited by IrishGal; 10-22-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Clarification

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4089271;
    Sorry to have created a brouhaha!

No, she didn't specify who the letter was from. She contributes extensively to right-wing causes and as a consequence she gets gobs of political mail daily (I see it when I visit her....like 4 or 5 pieces of mail per day and she reads every one and often writes a check). She also spends all day listening to right-wing radio (like Rush).

I've been thinking about this extensively since last night. First, there is nothing illegal about asking your supporters to tune in to a TV show to show support for your kid. In fact, it's just the kind of folksy, personal thing that some politicians like to do. Remember back in the election, McCain referred to his daughter's blog which made her an overnight super-star among Repub circles and certainly earned her a bunch of money? Second, the letter may have come from anywhere given the amount of political solicitations my mom gets. Maybe a local Women's Repub group sent it out? Then when she first watched the show and saw that it was possible to vote by phone, she interpreted support to mean call and vote (which is clearly what the point was, regardless of who sent the actual letter). She definitely thinks anything that supports Repub candidates she likes (and she loves Sarah) is an important cause.

I'll be talking to her over the weekend and will try to get more info. Has Sarah ever tweeted anything about Bristol and DWTS? Cuz if she has, it would be the same as mailing it out but even more far-reaching.

ETA: In fact I just checked her Twitter. She not only says she is voting for Bristol but she includes the phone number so her followers can vote. So yeah.
    This letter could have been sent out by anyone hoping to support Sara by way of her daughter. A dollar to a dime it was not sent out by Sara Palin or with her campaign funds.
    I'm with the poster who would be surprised that the media wasn't all over it if that were true.

+ Reply to Thread