+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Did anyone else notice that Bristol was the only one at the end of Monday night's show who did not have her smile-for-the-cameras game face on while in the lineup? At first, I wondered if it was because she knew she didn't do that well and was bummed about her constructive feedback from the judges. However, later I wondered if it was because being so close to Mark who is way too touchy-feely was really making her uncomfortable.

He kissed her several times during the judge's feedback which he may have intended as a comforting gesture, but seemed kind of creepy if you know you don't like a person THAT WAY and they keep up with publics displays of (one-way) affection.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;4079096;
    Did anyone else notice that Bristol was the only one at the end of Monday night's show who did not have her smile-for-the-cameras game face on while in the lineup? At first, I wondered if it was because she knew she didn't do that well and was bummed about her constructive feedback from the judges. However, later I wondered if it was because being so close to Mark who is way too touchy-feely was really making her uncomfortable.

He kissed her several times during the judge's feedback which he may have intended as a comforting gesture, but seemed kind of creepy if you know you don't like a person THAT WAY and they keep up with publics displays of (one-way) affection.
    I thought she felt badly for her scores which they of course highlighted as they always do, and he was trying to comfort her, but you might be right.
    I have always thought that must be particularly embarrassing for those on the bottom to have it emphasized in that manner at the end of the show.

I've wondered about Mark being so touchy feely and all the kissing, does he have a girlfriend? I would think that it is difficult for Bristol to be on the receiving end of all the kisses with the platform she is out talking to teenagers about. She is a lovely girl and I root for her each week, I'd love to see her come out of her shell more, too bad she didn't get Louis. He is so good to his partners and seems to bring the very best out of them.....well maybe not Trista, but everyone else.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;4079176;
    I've wondered about Mark being so touchy feely and all the kissing, does he have a girlfriend? I would think that it is difficult for Bristol to be on the receiving end of all the kisses with the platform she is out talking to teenagers about. She is a lovely girl and I root for her each week, I'd love to see her come out of her shell more, too bad she didn't get Louis. He is so good to his partners and seems to bring the very best out of them.....well maybe not Trista, but everyone else.
    I have noticed all/most of the male pros often kiss their female partners on the cheek or head a lot (not counting those that actually locked lips-planned or not-in the middle of the dance). Last I knew, Mark was single. He was dating a girl awhile back named Joanna Pacitti, who is a singer and auditioned for American Idol. There were rumors he's dating Chelsie, but she's said that's untrue, and that she wouldn't date a dancer. I can see why Mark probably got Bristol, whether it was planned or not. Audrina and Brandy would have been too tall for him, so that only would have left Jennifer, Bristol, Florence, and Margaret. Derek always gets the top contender, Florence was probably considered too old (and if they wanted a reason to bring his dad back...), and Margaret seemed more the Louis type, who'd have patience and really work with her. I give Louis a pass on Trista, he came off like a jerk the first season, but won me over season 2. It was the first one out of the gate, even loveable, innocent, sweet Jonathan didn't seem like such a nice guy then.

I didn't really get these two this week, judging by comments they made during the show and then after in interviews. Bristol might have been depressed because of her scores and the overall dance (she didn't look happy during it), maybe knowing she's getting press and on this show because of her last name has her down, and maybe she just wants to improve and is unhappy that's not happening. I give her credit, she's not Kate level horrible. But she's one of the 3 worst left.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4079037;
    I'm with the crowd who thinks Tony needs someone who can contend this season. Jonathon may have never even occurred to the producers as a pro for Bristol.
    I'm with ya on Tony. I am totally supporting both him and Audrina. It's nice to see him smile after Kate last season. I do think he can contend if they build their fanbase and the judges don't make them sacrificial lambs due to their own agenda.

I don't think show would sit out Mark for Jonathan unless it was Mark's decision for any of the female contestants.

BRistol Palin stars in new Rock video: Exes Johnson and Palin Star In Dueling Music Videos

Bristol Palin stars in music video days after ex Levi Johnston's video debut - NYPOST.com
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

It's like a race to see who embarrasses themselves into obscurity first!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I asked myself a lot of 'why' questions during the show last night, but what was the point of Mark taking his shirt off? I'm less and less impressed with Mark as a dancer and choreographer each week. Just like I feel Corky is more Florence's downfall, I think Mark isn't working the best out of Bristol. Her rumba wasn't as horrible as I was expecting, but there was too much sexing it up. It came across that they were trying too hard.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4082724;
    I'm less and less impressed with Mark as a dancer and choreographer each week.
    I am glad Len said to Mark last night referring to the beginning of their dance, "Let there be less of me (meaning Mark) and more of we."

I heard Mark and the designer wanted to put Bristol in another chiffon number last night, good grief, enough of the 60's prom dresses.
    Last edited by SsnWard; 10-12-2010 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4082724;
    I asked myself a lot of 'why' questions during the show last night, but what was the point of Mark taking his shirt off? I'm less and less impressed with Mark as a dancer and choreographer each week. Just like I feel Corky is more Florence's downfall, I think Mark isn't working the best out of Bristol. Her rumba wasn't as horrible as I was expecting, but there was too much sexing it up. It came across that they were trying too hard.
    I don't know about Mark, but Bristol was trying hard. She said in their package that they had to do well and she felt like they were in a "do or die" situation. But, for the life of me, I'll never figure out why Mark always tries to outshine his partners. He must realize that it just magnifies his partners weaknesses, unless he just doesn't care. Frankly, I think Bristol did ok with her rumba and it was certainly better than the performance score they got. I couldn't believe CA gave them a FOUR. I would have given them a 6 at least.

Well, B&M didn't go home tonight, thank goodness, but if she has any chance of staying after next week, she's going to have to let her hair down. She definitely didn't like her outfit she wore for the dance. Did you guys hear her say in one of the clips tonight, something like "I feel unconfortable speaking about abstinence and going out there in my underwear." I think they could have come up with something a lot better for her to wear than that.JMO I wondered what her parents thought about that? I think they were sitting in the front row Monday night.

+ Reply to Thread