+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Florence Henderson & Corky Ballas - Season 11

FORT Fogey

Re: Florence Henderson & Corky Ballas - Season 11

I know that appearing on DWTS was Florence's dream, and that she was living it out in a wonderful fashion.
    However, I don't think she got the viewer votes to stay on, and for all of the shenanigans that go on in this show (and I do believe there are agendas), that is one of the premises: the contestants leave as their combined judges' score and viewers' votes total is the lowest.

Bristol seemed well prepared to go if she were voted off, so I don't think there was a contract agreement to keep her on past this week.
    I have to draw the conclusion, then, that as per what we discussed yesterday, Bristol apparently got enough viewer votes to insure that she would not be leaving.
    Therefore, Florence must have beat out both Bristol and the lovely Audrina ( of whom we were also concerned) for the lowest fan votes. (Did you notice that Tony seemed extremely concerned and relieved when they were voted safe?)

I enjoyed Florence, but I also questioned how well she would have been able to physically hold up to the challenge of the rest of the season. Although she doesn't dance well, two dances next week will not physically tax Bristol in the same manner that they would Florence. Later, there will be three dances and or two dances and a group dance. How would Florence hold up to that kind of physical stress?

I don't think anyone is disputing that Bristol got enough fanvotes to stay; but that's the problem right there. She has a huge fanbase of people who have been glammed by her mother -- I'm sure some people who don't even watch the show are voting for her. This is how better dancers go home every season, and the show needs to do something about it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4087968;
    I don't think anyone is disputing that Bristol got enough fanvotes to stay; but that's the problem right there. She has a huge fanbase of people who have been glammed by her mother -- I'm sure some people who don't even watch the show are voting for her. This is how better dancers go home every season, and the show needs to do something about it.
    To do that, the judges' scores need to count more highly, but good night nurse! Look at the judges!! We have been griping since night one about the way that they have been judging.
    Carrie Ann votes her hormones; Bruno has some kind of a bee in his bonnet this season, and it depends on which side of the bed that Len woke up on whether he likes something or not. (He too can be terribly wishy-washy. )

They have their own agendas, and I sincerely believe they are also encouraged a little along the way by the producers who might have their agendas as well.
    For instance, we all truly believed from what she said that Kate had been promised a certain number of weeks on the show which would mean that the scores would have to be high enough to justify her staying.

Do I trust this set of judges to give fair and accurate scores? Humph!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4087968;
    They do - in the end, the Bristol's don't win and some people go before they should, but the F3 dancers are typically good dancers and the judges usually end up deciding who wins.....jmo
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4087959;
    I know that appearing on DWTS was Florence's dream, and that she was living it out in a wonderful fashion.
    However, I don't think she got the viewer votes to stay on, and for all of the shenanigans that go on in this show (and I do believe there are agendas), that is one of the premises: the contestants leave as their combined judges' score and viewers' votes total is the lowest.

Bristol seemed well prepared to go if she were voted off, so I don't think there was a contract agreement to keep her on past this week.
    I have to draw the conclusion, then, that as per what we discussed yesterday, Bristol apparently got enough viewer votes to insure that she would not be leaving.
    Therefore, Florence must have beat out both Bristol and the lovely Audrina ( of whom we were also concerned) for the lowest fan votes. (Did you notice that Tony seemed extremely concerned and relieved when they were voted safe?)

I enjoyed Florence, but I also questioned how well she would have been able to physically hold up to the challenge of the rest of the season. Although she doesn't dance well, two dances next week will not physically tax Bristol in the same manner that they would Florence. Later, there will be three dances and or two dances and a group dance. How would Florence hold up to that kind of physical stress?
    I think they were planting the seed about Florence's ability to keep up physically when they had the reviews on Monday night. While she has done an amazing job of keeping up without appearing to dramatic, I think the two dances really would have taken a toll on her.

Here dancing was sometimes enjoyable and then she would suddenly have a deer in headlights look about her throughout each of her routines. It is a shame that Corkey didn't just choreograph straight ballroom for her, because the Edelweiss routine was enjoyable to watch because it wasn't OTT.

I thought Corky was great in the opening number of the 200th show week episode.
    He can easily keep up with dancers many many years his junior. I like to see him paired with someone that he won't feel needs to play it for laughs. He could have gone a more serious route with Florence, but she seemed willing to play along with the "comedy" too. I don't think goofing around showcases his excellent dancing skills.
    Last edited by fluff; 11-10-2010 at 04:46 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Oh PLEASE! No. More. Corky! I don't think he knows how NOT to be creepy when the camera's on him.
    Isn't it funny how Florence complained so much less than Jennifer? Is she in that much better shape? I do doubt she be keeping up now that they have two dances.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345