+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Florence Henderson & Corky Ballas - Season 11

Re: Florence Henderson & Corky Ballas - Season 11

Corky is Mark in a few years...scary isn't it? They have the same odd buck-toothish smile and love for camera hogging. Derek does it too but somehow it just looks so much more skeevy coming from the Ballas Boys.

Florence, I'm a little disappointed in her that she keeps stooping to Corky's level. I thought she had more class than that but I do applaud her for at least saying she didn't want to be the joke older dancer and wanted to do it seriously and be seen as somebody who is trying. She just needs to stick to her guns and demand that Corky stop his nonsense and give her something she can be proud of.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4073290;
    Corky is Mark in a few years...scary isn't it? They have the same odd buck-toothish smile and love for camera hogging. Derek does it too but somehow it just looks so much more skeevy coming from the Ballas Boys.

Florence, I'm a little disappointed in her that she keeps stooping to Corky's level. I thought she had more class than that but I do applaud her for at least saying she didn't want to be the joke older dancer and wanted to do it seriously and be seen as somebody who is trying. She just needs to stick to her guns and demand that Corky stop his nonsense and give her something she can be proud of.
    It is Maybe more so for Mark, because that's his mirror image in 20 years. Derek's mugging seems more natural and for effect. He can tone it down when he needs to. Mark was making the faces going back to season 5, when I think Derek started in season 7. And Mark's gotten worse, especially with the fish faces.

Corky, he did some decent, serious routines with Cloris that were void of the comedy he tries to pull. Florence really is better than that, and seems to really want to try. I don't know if she'll last much longer, but it'd be nice for her to go out on a high note. They have the waltz this week. Corky's gimmicks in the quick step seemed pointless, so I hope he does a more graceful, sophiscated dance.

Who is John Galt?

I am loving Flo. She is serious about this (unlike previous oldsters). She is an oldie but goodie and getting better all the time. And, she is in terrific shape! Go Flo!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;4073729;
    I am loving Flo. She is serious about this (unlike previous oldsters). She is an oldie but goodie and getting better all the time. And, she is in terrific shape! Go Flo!
    She is getting better each week, and I too can see the improvement. What I think, though, in all fairness is that in all those hours of practice Corky becomes well cognizant of exactly what Florence is physically capable of doing, and he incorporates that into their routine. The filler and the silly stuff takes the place, I think, of what she simply at 76 can not do.

Florence is starting to get the old person treatment from the judges. They want to tell her how bad it was, but want to let her down gently. Actually, I was quite impressed with her dance tonight. And it proves Corky can do a wonderful routine without injecting pointless antics and gimmicks in. Since gimmicks were allowed tonight, I guess going without them is a gimmick in itself for him.

Florence seemed pretty disappointed by her reception from the judges. I guess the fun is over.

I loved the song and the storyline and costume really fit the theme as well. Too bad Corky didn't go this route more. She's not the best dancer of the bunch but she more than holds her own for her age and she doesn't need the crazy schtick. Keeping it classy is the way to go for Flo.

Poor Florence. I'm somewhat behind her, but Corky just ruins it for me. They have the AT this week, and I think it's going to be a gimmicky disaster. Cloris's (regular) tango was actually one of her better dances, considering Corky stuck straight to the routine and didn't throw in any OTT facial expressions or corny gimmicks and mugging. But since the AT is a different dance, and involves lifts (that I don't think are going to go well where these two are concerned), I think he's going to try and go for the comedy, as he routinely does. Their rumba was a mess. It was actually gross watching Corky trying to sex it up with Mrs. Brady. I'm all for Florence going out there and giving it all she's got at 76 (and looking darn good for her age), but Corky went a little too far with the sex appeal. He and Mark really are made from the same mold.

I wish Corky would play it straight and keep it classy. Flo has great legs and her dancing really isn't bad. He does her a disservice by making it gimmicky. No need to do that with Flo. I hope he does right by her. She won't be able to do many lifts but she could do some really nice moves with her gorgeous legs. This is another one that I think will be really good or really bad. For Flo's sake I hope good.

FORT Fan

Her kissing Corky is one thing, but kissing Greg? ewww factor big time!

(and I know in his autobiography he talked about his 'crush' on Florence, but still ewww!)

I won't miss Corky and hope he's never invited back, at least anytime soon. I really wish Florence had more of a chance to dance and not rely on gimmicks and spooning he put in the dances.

I'm not entirely sad she's gone, because she really is one of the worst, but at least I remember she's on the show (unlike Rick who I usually forget about until it's his time to dance). My heart went out to her because you could see in on her face and hear it in her voice how much she wanted to stay. The reaction while waiting for Tom to deliver the news was bizarre. Corky with that permagrin on his face and Flo looking ready to cry and/or kill. I felt Corky was practicing posing for the cameras that would follow the elimination.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast