+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Florence Henderson & Corky Ballas - Season 11

Re: Florence Henderson & Corky Ballas - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4067925;
    I would think they purposely don't pair him with younger women, because his shtick would seem twice as pervy as it does with a more mature woman.

Good point.
    I'd still like to see him paired with a woman in her late 30's or early 40's to see what he can do. I do not want to see him leering at them though. Ugh.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Love Florence. Hate Corky. Can't believe this guy has the talent to teach some of the better pros this show has had, yet can't dance on this show for us. He looks a lot like Jerry Springer when he's dancing. HATE the camera-hamming, and hate that he's passed that trait onto Mark (who has added fishmouth to the camera-hamming and is twice as annoying.)

I give him credit for all the medals / titles he's gotten through the years.
    However, I cannot stand to watch him - like most, it seems.
    And, I would have much preferred to see Florence paired with a more likable pro.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Corky danced in the group number, I can't remember who he was partnered with but I didn't realize it was him dancing until they zoomed in. He was terrific! He held his own (and possibly surpassed) the younger guys in every way.

I didn't realize he was so short until I saw him up against the other professional male dancers.

I may be one of the only ones here who actually likes to watch him mug it up for the camera! I find him funny. When he was dancing with Cloris, I think he quickly realized that in order to make her presentable that her routine would have to be over the top comedy. (as old as that got) I don't know if anyone here caught her appearance on the Kathy Griffin show, but she seemed almost senile. Kathy barely got her to stay focused and do what she needed on a show they were putting on for senior citizens. It opened my eyes as to the level of difficulty Corky must have had getting her to learn a dance routine each week!

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix1;4068489;
    Corky danced in the group number, I can't remember who he was partnered with but I didn't realize it was him dancing until they zoomed in. He was terrific! He held his own (and possibly surpassed) the younger guys in every way.

I didn't realize he was so short until I saw him up against the other professional male dancers.

I may be one of the only ones here who actually likes to watch him mug it up for the camera! I find him funny. When he was dancing with Cloris, I think he quickly realized that in order to make her presentable that her routine would have to be over the top comedy. (as old as that got) I don't know if anyone here caught her appearance on the Kathy Griffin show, but she seemed almost senile. Kathy barely got her to stay focused and do what she needed on a show they were putting on for senior citizens. It opened my eyes as to the level of difficulty Corky must have had getting her to learn a dance routine each week!
    I believe Corky danced with Anna for that exhibition.

FORT Fogey

I understand that Corky is not well liked, but he is nonetheless an excellent dancer. I had that sneaking hunch, and the other night when I watched him dance and actually out dance one of the younger guys in the group dance, my haunch was confirmed.
    I, too, believe that he is focusing on the humor because the older ladies are unable to perform the physically more demanding steps.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

During season 7, it was said that Cloris was often running around backstage, not staying on her spot, but it wasn't Corky chasing after her. It was Maks. Corky was going to do something that season during their jive that even had Tom grossed out (having her grab the wig she flung off at the end of the routine, and instead velcro it in between his legs and have her yank it from there). Ashly Costa had Buzz, Cheryl had Wayne Newton, and I guess even Jerry Springer falls into that category. Springer injected comedy into his routines, but not to the extent Corky does. I give the other girls credit that, no matter how pitiful a dancer their partners were, they at least tried to make them dance. This is Corky's only schtick on the show, making comedy out of his partnerships, and not showing why he's a renowned dancer. Cloris was a fruitcake, and lasted way too long and her routine got too old. Personally, I think Florence deserves better than to come out and ham it up every time without doing the proper dance. Eventually it'll be a case where CA yet again says "We lost someone better for this."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I wish Corky didn't start their quick step off with the fake kick and mug on his face. Speaking of mugging, I wish they could blur his face out during the dances. It's hard to concentrate on anything else but those godawful faces he keeps making. I hope they focus more on the dancing, less on the comedy, because Florence is getting like Cloris. That'll only keep her in for so long, but like Cloris, will get old fast. Now that Michael is gone, I wonder if she'll be next. I don't know if the show would want to lose Mike, Bristol, or Margaret just yet, and they seem like they could be the next to go. Everyone else is either a much better dancer and seems to have the fanbase to back it up.

TMI on Corky's ritual of smelling the floor. When Tom won't even touch that subject, it's pretty bad

Corky is weird and does come across a little pervy at times. He can dance and if he left the shtick behind he would be more enjoyable and we could appreciate the dancing. I can see where shtick came into play with Leachman but Henderson is a better dancer and not erractic. She has been a performer for years and has excellent musicality. She's not going to contend but she could put forth some classy dancers that are age appropriate and better than a few others. She looks amazing and has fantastic legs. Use all that to their advantage. I agree with karalott that she deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4073137;
    Corky is weird and does come across a little pervy at times. He can dance and if he left the shtick behind he would be more enjoyable and we could appreciate the dancing. I can see where shtick came into play with Leachman but Henderson is a better dancer and not erractic. She has been a performer for years and has excellent musicality. She's not going to contend but she could put forth some classy dancers that are age appropriate and better than a few others. She looks amazing and has fantastic legs. Use all that to their advantage. I agree with karalott that she deserves better.
    You could even say that she often shows Wessonality.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast