+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

I don't see why they are killing themselves to prove they were booing scores not Sarah. Derek doesn't need more attention called to the fact he's got the big ringer, sentimental fave, etc. I wonder if he will throw in a dance to lower them a bit at some point ala Nicole. Then again he did that with Nicole and still got great scores for not even doing the actual dance. lol

Grey's timing for show is excellent and show knows that. This is right after Swayze's death and Grey is beloved in big part for DD. Add in show's fave pro and it's not a surprise they are out of the gate strong. Grey came onto the showing having a dancing past so she should be better than the others.

I like her and she is entertaining. Not thrilled Derek got ringer again so I struggle with that. I think Grey needs to be careful not to camp it up too much. I know some like karalott above find her annoying already. She needs to be careful.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Between her bigger than I expected fanbase, Derek's fanbase, and the pictures he must have not only of Conrad Green but of the judges to get such treatment, she's untouchable and unstoppable. And next season, it'll be the same argument with whatever dance pro Derek gets again. I would love for him to get a partner where he has to listen to comments like poor Chelsie got from the judges last night, but who am I kidding. He's never had a horrible partner in any season he's been on this show. I don't think the show cares, but it says something when Donny's victory finale was higher in ratings than Nicole's. If Jennifer makes it to the finale, I bet ratings are down again, especially since the judges have the ability to score one more time.

I wonder if Madonna loaned Derek any behind the scenes footage of CA when she went on tour with her back in 1993. I didn't like Jennifer before the season started, but am finding her smug.

I just can't see them not making finale. They could sit out now and still be F3 and chances would still be good they win. Only thing that can kill them is if there is ringer backlash and backlash against Derek. The show doesn't even hide the favortism now.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4072065;
    Between her bigger than I expected fanbase, Derek's fanbase, and the pictures he must have not only of Conrad Green but of the judges to get such treatment, she's untouchable and unstoppable. And next season, it'll be the same argument with whatever dance pro Derek gets again. I would love for him to get a partner where he has to listen to comments like poor Chelsie got from the judges last night, but who am I kidding. He's never had a horrible partner in any season he's been on this show. I don't think the show cares, but it says something when Donny's victory finale was higher in ratings than Nicole's. If Jennifer makes it to the finale, I bet ratings are down again, especially since the judges have the ability to score one more time.

I wonder if Madonna loaned Derek any behind the scenes footage of CA when she went on tour with her back in 1993. I didn't like Jennifer before the season started, but am finding her smug.
    Your only hope for this season is if they switch up the partners! The only way Derek will ever redeem himself on this show is if he is paired with a true clunker and makes it to the finals! Most of the other dancers have paid their dues . . . isn't that the mark of a great instructor . . . turn a clunker into a dance queen? Derek has some sort of influence on this show for him to continue to get the ringers . . . no offense Jennifer, I still love you!

FORT Regular

Jennifer danced a winning dance, but 8's were the most appropriate scores for it, especially in comparison to most of the scoring up to that point.

I would love to hear the booing addressed by someone who was in the audience and not on the take. For all we know it was piped in at just the right time to draw attention to Sarah Palin - whether it was for her or not. Then they get to use that calling card to pull in new curious viewers and continue to "mainstream" SP in preparation for a more "legitimate" presidential campaign (TPTB (anti-sovereign-America globalists) seem to own her just like they do most D's and R's and they want us to pick from one of the D's and R's that they own).

I'm not sure Jennifer collapsing to the ground after the dance was just an act. She had just danced her 50-year-old heart out and looked to be really feeling it. I even commented to my DW that she looked to be on the verge of tossing her cookies. I was thankful to see her hold it together.

Foregoing sentiment, I was more impressed by her dance last night than the emotional one the week before.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't know if the collapsing was for real or not, but I didn't care to see her shaking her hips and tassles at the end, with Derek playing air drummer. That's part of the reason I'm finding her arrogant, coupled with the look on her face. I wish she had a partner that wasn't such a ham. It just seems like going for the drama and sympathy.

The fact that they're going out of their way to prove who the boos were for makes me think it was, partly at least, for Sarah. And who knows, maybe people just didn't like Jennifer/Derek (yeah, I know, but I can dream). I remember during season 7, when Cody/Julianne did their jitterbug, the audience started booing after the scores, and then they cut it off backstage. No one knew if the audience felt the scores were too high or too low. But, it's not like ABC can prevent the audience from reacting when they want. It's obvious they tell them when to boo and cheer, but it doesn't mean they won't do it off cue. To me, it's bad manners to do it to an audience member, family of a celeb/pro, despised or not. It's gotten annoying when they do it to the judges, but I did enjoy CA's reaction to being booed.

And I guess this means Jennifer and Golden will be getting 9s next week and taking the top spot once again.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4072065;

I wonder how the show is doing in the ratings , if the traffic on this board is any indication they've got to be down. And what a way to draw attention to a season, the daughter of a former governor, and low scores for someone who clearly wasn't any worse than Kate Gosselin to the comments by Bruno.

I wouldnt necessarily call Jennifer a ringer (she's no Nicole) but she can dance and she is the daughter of a very accomplished dancer - and we all know this show is about politics/ratings/money.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I want to like Jennifer, but I'm not sure I do.
    I appreciate her dancing, but I'm not sold on her personality yet. Small point, but I find the way she dances when the camera pans down the line-up at the beginning of the show irritating.

I really like Derek though, but agree he's been very fortunate with the partners he's been allocated. I think it was a surprise to a lot of us that Lil Kim was as good as she turned out to be and I think the worst partner he's had, both in terms of talent and attitude was Shannon. Derek certainly hasn't had the challenging stars that some others have had.
    It's a shame to me, as a Derek fan, that when he finally gets paired with a significantly older dancer, who might have posed a challenge to his teaching and choreography skills, she turns out to be someone who is most famous for being in a hugely popular (although I personally never got what the fuss was about) dance movie.

I have no idea why Derek has consistently been paired with competent to talented to excellent dancers.
    I don't know that it's favouritism because I have no idea how the couples are matched.
    Derek and Florence was never a likely pair, nor Derek and Margaret, imo, even though she's younger than Jennifer and even though I would have loved to see Jennifer paired with Louis, I just can't see that match-up. Would Derek have been considered less fortunate this season if he'd been matched with Brandy or Audrina? Of the younger contestants Bristol would probably have been a bigger challenge for him, but I have no way of knowing why Bristol was paired with Mark.
    On a selfish note, I love to watch Derek dance and like nothing more than to see him with a partner who is capable of executing his choreography.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4072846;
    I want to like Jennifer, but I'm not sure I do.
    I appreciate her dancing, but I'm not sold on her personality yet. Small point, but I find the way she dances when the camera pans down the line-up at the beginning of the show irritating.
    I, too, found her to be a bit over the top during this past week's beginning line up. She was shimmying and shaking before the line-up even occurred, as if she's just learned a new trick. Perhaps if she hadn't expended so much of that energy early on, she would not have had to dramatically drop to the ground after her jive.

It's not just her changed nose that is off-putting to me. She looks like she's been too Botoxed or something in her face, so it often has a snobbish look to it. She may be a grounded, beautiful person on the inside, but the outside appears somewhat elitist or something. When the new cast was introduced, she appeared as if she thought herself so much better than the other.

Well, she is the daughter of a very famous dancer doncha know.....
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread