+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4071448;
    Something about Jennifer just really bugs. I don't know what it is, but she comes across kind of obnoxious. Their jive was great, but as I put in the episode thread, when Derek pulls something like that out of a person like Florence, then I'll be impressed. For now, it's the same thing we see every season. And given how the competition is stacking up, he should probably start making room for that third trophy Hopefully Mark has enough tact not to rush the stage, knock Jennifer over, and hoist Derek betwen his legs.

I'm glad their jive didn't get any higher than 8s. It bugs me they took the top spot again, but unlike last week, I guess they deserved it. However, I hate seeing 9s or 10s this early in the competition for anyone. I wish they'd hold off handing out 8s so soon, too. Why not make them really work for those scores?

I was already resigned to Jennifer going far, but she doesn't seem to have any competition in terms of winning just yet. Hopefully some other people step it up or get it together.
    This. Agreed.

I watched the dance online this morning with no volume and her facial expressions were kinda snooty. Maybe it was just me.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

I don't know. I think she has that kind of face. I think she is probably pretty humble in real life.

She once said that her career tanked after her nose job. She basically took away what was unique about her look, and no one wanted her anymore. She looked just like everyone else after that.

With a rocky career and major a health scare before the show, I think she probably has an idea of what is important in life.
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-28-2010 at 11:49 AM.

What do you all think the 'booing' was after Derek and Jennifer got their scores ... ? Do you think the audience was disappointed with the score OR for Sarah Palin ... ?

I am on another DWTS message boards and some are saying for Sarah and others are for the scores ... hmm.

I thought their scores were just right for them BUT at the same time I highly doubt the audience booed SP.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4071729;
    What do you all think the 'booing' was after Derek and Jennifer got their scores ... ? Do you think the audience was disappointed with the score OR for Sarah Palin ... ?

I am on another DWTS message boards and some are saying for Sarah and others are for the scores ... hmm.

I thought their scores were just right for them BUT at the same time I highly doubt the audience booed SP.
    The booing was because the audience felt that the scoring was unfairly low (as do I). Tom Bergeron put out a statement this morning explaining that. It had nothing to do with Sarah Palin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4071739;
    The booing was because the audience felt that the scoring was unfairly low (as do I). Tom Bergeron put out a statement this morning explaining that. It had nothing to do with Sarah Palin.
    Thanks, Lucky22!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4071550;
    I feel exactly the same way,I even said those exact words to my daughter as we were watching last night. Then it dawned on me as to what it was... She's acts so dramatic about everthing, and as you said it comes across as very obnoxious. Last night both of them laying on the floor I thought was ridiculous, not once but twice! I do think she is a great dancer and will go far, but not so sure on the win. She might turn into a Gilles or Mia, does very well till the end and someone else sneaks in for the win.
    I think it is that she recognizes that she is the best dancer and the competition is hers to win, and a little bit (maybe more than a little) of arrogance is seeping out. Remember this is a woman who over 20 years ago became a breakout movie star overnight, and then a year or two later, nobody in Hollywood wanted to give her a job. Must have been devastating for someone to get used to that kind of attention and acclaim and then it just goes away. In the years that followed, she was unable or unwilling to resurrect her career, until now. I think she is starting to bask in the anticipated adoration, and it's coming off, to me at least, as arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4071716;
    I don't know. I think she has that kind of face. I think she is probably pretty humble in real life.

She once said that her career tanked after her nose job. She basically took away what was unique about her look, and no one wanted her anymore. She looked just like everyone else after that.

With a rocky career and major a health scare before the show, I think she probably has an idea of what is important in life.

other than Dirty Dancing and Ferris Buellers' day off her IMDB page is a mishmash of nothing - before and after DD. With or without the nosejob her career was going nowhere.

after the nosejob and hair change she didn't look like Jennifer Grey - I didn't know she played Mindy on Friends until years after the show ended when I was watching the reruns.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4071753;
    I think it is that she recognizes that she is the best dancer and the competition is hers to win, and a little bit (maybe more than a little) of arrogance is seeping out. Remember this is a woman who over 20 years ago became a breakout movie star overnight, and then a year or two later, nobody in Hollywood wanted to give her a job. Must have been devastating for someone to get used to that kind of attention and acclaim and then it just goes away. In the years that followed, she was unable or unwilling to resurrect her career, until now. I think she is starting to bask in the anticipated adoration, and it's coming off, to me at least, as arrogance.
    Not to mention, she has an untouchable pro and entertainment sites were proclaiming this as hers to lose. Why, I still don't understand. She did 2 big movies, and that's all she's really known for. Yet the impression I get is people are treating her like Ginger Rogers or some real iconic movie star. I'm wondering what we'll get next week, some unknown behind the scenes drama on Ferris Buehller just to go along with the drama they're inserting every week? I know why Derek was mellow last week, and was hoping he would be this week as well. I knew it wouldn't last. His antics are too much. I wonder if living with Corky all those years rubbed off on him. He was a bit of a sore loser when he got knocked out in 4th place for season 9. Makes me wonder if he'd pull a Karina if he finished in 2nd. The show needs to stop making itself so predictable. It's not even enjoyable watching these two, at least for me, thanks to his overinflated ego and her growing ego. Not to mention CA and Bruno will always love anything he does.

Re: the booing. Tom said they're showing a different angle tonight to settle it once and for all. They're really going to extremes to show that it wasn't for Sarah. I guess the show doesn't want to ruin that. Too bad they won't get Bruno to admit he was a little harsh last night.

No doubt in my mind that this is the couple to beat. They look fantastic together. That said, there are some great dancers on this show and they can give them alot of competition but they need to focus a bit more. I do enjoy watching Jennifer dance based on her talent but also because she is a lively 50 year old woman who braved cancer and is not letting that stop her! Go Jennifer!

+ Reply to Thread