+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

I must be clueless. I never got the feeling she was looking to restart a Hollywood career. I felt like she was doing a middle-aged "I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar" sort of thing. I loved it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4116375;
    I must be clueless. I never got the feeling she was looking to restart a Hollywood career. I felt like she was doing a middle-aged "I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar" sort of thing. I loved it.
    That's what I picked up on.

FORT Fogey

Heard on the news that Jennifer is getting surgery for the ruptured disc in her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4118675;
    Heard on the news that Jennifer is getting surgery for the ruptured disc in her back.
    They announced it here in Austin on the celebrity scoop on Majic 95.5. My prayers and thoughts are with her for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4115715;
    The problem with Jennifer, though, is that she didn't get jobs after the nose job.

Hollywood, pretty much, turned their back on her.
    She was in a brief sit-com as a shallow actress struggling to get parts after a "nose job." It was a satirical version of her real-life self. It has been too long and I forgot the name of it. It was cancelled after only a few episodes. She disappeared after that. I think the nose job was a factor, as was her age (maybe she wasn't willing to adjust to supporting roles as mom to teenagers or older sis to twenty-somethings) and maybe it was getting married and just wanting to settle down for awhile. I forgot about the sit-com until you mentioned the nose job.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Yes, I remember that sitcom in which she did a brilliant job at satirizing herself and her plight after the nose job.
    I always thought it was a very unfortunate thing. She actually wanted to work, but they turned their backs on her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I read an article in People about Jennifer Grey and her then boyfriend. Matthew Broderick. They where in Ireland on a driving vacation and had a horrible head on collision and the lady and daughter in the other car both died. Jennifer injured her back in that accident but never really had it looked after. She said she had alot of guilt over the accident and sorta lost her drive to be successful in Hollywood, but being on DWTS has given her drive back.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

Jennifer Grey - IMDb

Here' her IMDB. I can't find the sitcom you guys are talking about. But
    her STARmeter: Up 1466% in popularity this week. Interesting.

FORT Regular

Correction: I found it.

It's Like, You Know... (TV series) 1999-2001

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4118746;
    I read an article in People about Jennifer Grey and her then boyfriend. Matthew Broderick. They where in Ireland on a driving vacation and had a horrible head on collision and the lady and daughter in the other car both died. Jennifer injured her back in that accident but never really had it looked after. She said she had alot of guilt over the accident and sorta lost her drive to be successful in Hollywood, but being on DWTS has given her drive back.
    I remember that accident. Matthew was driving the car when it crashed.

I can't imagine how awful they both must have felt.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread