+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

okay - I just got what Three Peat is......I'm just a tad slow today. I thought I would be annoyed by him winning - but the victory wasn't as OTT as when he and Nicole won - and the trophy definitely went to the best dancer.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I'm not a Derek "fan" per se, (I'm all about Maks) and can take or leave the rest of the pros but I wouldn't ever not vote for a star, just because of her their assigned pro was. I'm more likely to vote for a star partnered with Maks than I am to not vote for one because of who their pro was. ie, if Maks and Erin were pitted against Derek and Jennifer, I'd have voted for Maks and Erin as I loved them both. but if this season the final 2 were Maks and Brandy (don't care for her) and Derek and Jennifer, I'd have voted for Jennifer as ultimately, IMO, it's all about the star.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Congrats to Jennifer and Derek. They put on great performances all season. And Derek even let Jennifer hold the trophy for a moment or two.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4113703;
    I'm not a Derek "fan" per se, (I'm all about Maks) and can take or leave the rest of the pros but I wouldn't ever not vote for a star, just because of her their assigned pro was. I'm more likely to vote for a star partnered with Maks than I am to not vote for one because of who their pro was. ie, if Maks and Erin were pitted against Derek and Jennifer, I'd have voted for Maks and Erin as I loved them both. but if this season the final 2 were Maks and Brandy (don't care for her) and Derek and Jennifer, I'd have voted for Jennifer as ultimately, IMO, it's all about the star.
    I don't vote for the pro either. I always vote for the star or not vote if none of them move me. My favorite pros are Cheryl, Mark, Tony and Chelsea. I like Anna, Louis, Demitry, Kym, Jonathan. I am not fond of Maks or Derek. Maks is mean to his partners and comes off as a cheuvanist at times. Derek's mugging for the camera bothers me as does his arrogant attitude when he has a ringer (with the exception of Jennifer.)
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4113639;
    we were taught to always put yourself second - but whether to use 'I' or 'me' is determined by the rest of the sentence. I'm the same age group, but I have a stepfather who was a stickler about the use of I and Me. And he wasn't a teacher.

"Northern and I went to the store"

"I really hope Jon Bon Jovi picks Northern and me to go backstage".....

Me is determined by how you would say the sentence without the second person:

it makes sense to say

"I really hope Jon Bon Jovi picks me to go backstage."

not

"I really hope Jon Bon Jovi picks I to go backstage"
    You are correct! I is subjective and me is objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4113532;
    How much does success mean when compared to decent, lasting physical health? If Jennifer was in as perilous a physical condition as we were lead to believe, then she took a tremendous risk with her back, her knee, and her neck to win a contest which in the grand scheme of life and world conditions means what?
    Hopefully, the show exaggerated her injuries; otherwise, it just may be that although fame is fleeting, there may well be other more painful souvenirs that Jennifer carries from this show from here on out with her because she insisted on continuing when her 50 year-old body was screaming at her to sensibly stop.
    Everything you said is completely right. I agree fully. Unfortunately, if I were in Jen's shoes I would've done what she did despite knowing YOU'RE right. The reason I would've danced hard anyway is that THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT JOB INTERVIEW IN THE LAST 20 YEARS for Jennifer. I am single and have to rely on my own earnings only. In order to get $$ to pay bills, I would gamble with my body, under the assumption that I will treat it nicely later and it will heal itself by my SHEER WILL.

I know it sounds crazy, and I'm not a nutjob, but the times I've had injuries and had full faith I would heal, I always did and much sooner than any doctor expected. I'm not saying to think positive. I'm saying if you KNOW in your heart that you will recover, then you automatically do. It's kinda magic.

So knowing that, I would gamble my body for weeks of live TV appearances, and I would know that any injuries incurred will heal.

Difference is Jennifer is not the sole bread winner in her family. She’s not a single mother – she has a husband who until recently was on a sitcom for 5 (?) seasons She herself has worked over the years – granted sporadically, but if she’s banking on her appearance propelling her back into the Hollywood spotlight she’s most likely going to be very very disappointed.

To put her body through the rigors of this show for 11 weeks gambling on it paying dividends in the future was ludicrous. She put herself and the welfare of her family at risk by pushing her own health.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I think she just wanted to be a part of the history of the show, one that Patrick supported when it first came out. She also reignited her passion for dance that she had when she was a child, so I'd say she's come out ahead no matter what the result.

I am 53 & proud of it. I was a police officer for 20 years. If you think that the pain & whatever was a ploy to gather votes, I think not. After 20 years, every bone in my body hurts, no I am not a wussy, it HURTS. It seemed to make sense when I was 21, not so much now. That girl worked her butt off & deserved that MBT.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Oh and while I'm on soap box, my initials are my name not my profession. Just lucky I guess.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

+ Reply to Thread