+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

FORT Fogey

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4064682;
    I really have liked Jennifer in the past would love her to do well on the show except she's partnered with Derek and ...

The deviated septum story is pretty hard for me to believe. I've had two daughters who had the surgery and the look of their noses didn't change one tiny bit. None. That's a pretty dramatic change to occur unless the doctor said, "you'll breathe better if we straighten the shape of your nose..." I don't claim to be a medical person, but it seems suspicious to me that this just "happened" without her realizing her looks would change.
    I think it is wonderful - by getting her deviated septum fixed, not only did she get a pretty nose, but all of her wrinkles got ironed out, too!

Actually re-reading my post I should've said "I have two daughters who've had the surgery." (They still are my daughters!)

I thought Jennifer was pretty with her old nose but if she wanted it changed, that's her business. I just don't buy the "oops! They did made me a perfectly straight nose (and took years off my face) by fixing my deviated septum."

Actually, I'm really struggling on this whole Jennifer deal. With almost any other partner I'd be pulling for her, but I dislike Derek so, it's hard for me to pull for anyone he's partnered with.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4064778;
    Actually re-reading my post I should've said "I have two daughters who've had the surgery." (They still are my daughters!)

I thought Jennifer was pretty with her old nose but if she wanted it changed, that's her business. I just don't buy the "oops! They did made me a perfectly straight nose (and took years off my face) by fixing my deviated septum."

Actually, I'm really struggling on this whole Jennifer deal. With almost any other partner I'd be pulling for her, but I dislike Derek so, it's hard for me to pull for anyone he's partnered with.
    I have no problem with whatever she has had done. I think if a woman thinks that she will feel better about herself if she has her nose worked on, then she should do it; however, I also think she should just admit it!
    Instead of that story which has a hollow ring to it, she should just say that having her nose worked on was something she'd always wanted done. Period.
    This way it sounds like the doctor did what he wanted to while she was asleep!
    I am no plastic surgeon, but I would think there might even be a major time difference in the 2 surgeries as one appears to be a type of reconstruction as opposed to a repair job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4064872;
    I have no problem with whatever she has had done. I think if a woman thinks that she will feel better about herself if she has her nose worked on, then she should do it; however, I also think she should just admit it!
    Instead of that story which has a hollow ring to it, she should just say that having her nose worked on was something she'd always wanted done. Period.
    This way it sounds like the doctor did what he wanted to while she was asleep!
    I am no plastic surgeon, but I would think there might even be a major time difference in the 2 surgeries as one appears to be a type of reconstruction as opposed to a repair job.
    As someone who's had both procedures done concurrently many years ago (don't worry, my doctor didn't "surprise" me!), it used to be that one would claim the medical need for surgery on a deviated septum for purposes of insurance coverage, rather than what would be an otherwise purely cosmetic procedure. Perhaps it's not vanity at all and Jennifer is worried that her erstwhile healthcare provider may come after her for fraud if she fesses up.

Looking forward to seeing Jennifer dance tonight and expect great performances from her and Derek. I am sure they will set the bar high from the onset and they will not disappoint us. Bring it on Baby!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I just want this season to be unpredictable and more fair-not a love gushing towards any celebs or pros. I'm disappointed Derek probably doesn't have another challenging partner (so of course everything he does will look great). I don't think I can stomach a 3rd win for him, and him saying Mark needs one. Frankly if he wins a 3rd time, bring Julianne back as a celeb, pair her with Mark, let them win, and maybe they can all be happy with their 3 tacky mirrorbally trophies.

I don't think a nose-job has ever done more for someone's looks and less for their career.
    I think the new nose looks great.

I like Derek, but a win with Jennifer will likely be a taller order for him.
    I really hope she's good because I don't think anyone else can touch Derek when it comes to choreography and he needs a good partner so he can really get creative.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4065077;
    I don't think a nose-job has ever done more for someone's looks and less for their career.
    I think the new nose looks great.

I like Derek, but a win with Jennifer will likely be a taller order for him.
    I really hope she's good because I don't think anyone else can touch Derek when it comes to choreography and he needs a good partner so he can really get creative.
    See, that's my big issue. Tony gets stuck with people like Susan and Kate, Jonathan gets Macy, Edyta gets Jeffrey and Ashley. And Derek gets Joanna, Nicole, Lil Kim, and now Jennifer. I don't think this show begins and ends with him. Nor do I think he's the greatest choreographer on it (for me, that'd be Louis, Kym, Karina, and Chelsie ahead of him). But none of the other pros ever get as many chances as him. Of course it's easy to be in awe-he doesn't have a partner to hinder him. And it doesn't help when the judges swoon over everything he does as if it's never been done before. But I guess if you're a fan you don't see the love infatuation with the judges Doesn't help either that he gets away with gimmicks when others get called out on it. Personally, I think this show was fine before he and Mark joined. I wish they had been the ones to leave and Julianne stuck around. Same old broken record every season-for me and Derek

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4065069;
    I just want this season to be unpredictable and more fair-not a love gushing towards any celebs or pros. I'm disappointed Derek probably doesn't have another challenging partner (so of course everything he does will look great). I don't think I can stomach a 3rd win for him, and him saying Mark needs one. Frankly if he wins a 3rd time, bring Julianne back as a celeb, pair her with Mark, let them win, and maybe they can all be happy with their 3 tacky mirrorbally trophies.
    ITA karalott. I personally like Jennifer and I am glad she is on the show this season. I wish she wasn't paired with Derek for the same reasons. But since they are paired together, I will expect great performances from them. Maybe Jennifer requested Derek as a condition for being on the show?

I think there is a chance for surprises this season from the other pairings. I plan to wait and give them all a chance before casting my vote in one direction.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;4065098;
    ITA karalott. I personally like Jennifer and I am glad she is on the show this season. I wish she wasn't paired with Derek for the same reasons. But since they are paired together, I will expect great performances from them. Maybe Jennifer requested Derek as a condition for being on the show?

I think there is a chance for surprises this season from the other pairings. I plan to wait and give them all a chance before casting my vote in one direction.
    I know the celebs can request a pro, even though the producers apparently try to say otherwise. But hopefully no one would be enough of a diva to say 'I want them or else I'm not doing it'. I'd politely say good bye. It's got to get tiring for the other pros to see the same thing every season with Derek, when he's already won twice, and they've been on longer, and actually had challenges. I always felt like there's two sides to the show: Derek's side, and then where everyon else falls. Derek's done some memorable routines that I've enjoyed, but I still think his choreography falls short of the ones I mentioned above, and probably some of the other pros who don't throw in gimmicks when they're not allowed and stick to the rules.

I'm not surprised Jennifer's going second to last. They've hyped her up as a huge get because of Patrick Swayze and DD (which personally I think there are bigger celebs with more accomplishments out there), and the later you go, the better your scores are likely to be. They can get away with acting like she's the best thing to set foot on the floor tonight by having her go 11th, rather than 2nd. It's coming, I know it Since I don't like Jennifer, I guess the bright side for me is she got a pro I don't like so I won't have to root for. Maybe the show figures they can say they gave Derek a challenge by pairing him with someone in their 50s, despite the fact she might be a decent dancer.

Since Nicole won last season, I'm not as confident that Brandy will be the second singer in a row to pull it off. Donny's been the oldest celeb to ever win, so Jennifer would be up their alley to be another older celeb to win it all.

+ Reply to Thread