+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

It's not often I'll defend these two, but in re-watching their dance, I don't think it was as bad as the judges made it out to be. Jennifer looked a tad wound up and very stiff in her movements, almost like the tinman, and the choreography didn't seem like a typical Derek paso. But factoring rock week in, it wasn't a typical week, either. I guess everyone had to get the edge on their performance. I didn't care for the special effects during the dance. I'd probably rate it more on the boring side, as I have the last few of Jennifer's dances, but not as frantic or hectic as I thought on first viewing. Just an odd dance put together. I noticed at one point Derek picked Jennifer up and was holding her neck. I have a lot of neck problems, so I can sympathize with that pain (not going as far as steel rods or whatever she had implanted in there), so I'd call that a bad move. In all, I'd probably give a pass to everyone this week, only because the whole theme seemed to kill everyone.

I noticed when they were announced "in jeopardy" (yeah right show), they pretended to faint, and Anna was fanning them with her skirt. I thought that was cute. Regardless of what any rumors say, this seems like a pretty tight cast.

She wasn't in trouble nor should she have been. It was absurd to even have her down there.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4091745;
    She wasn't in trouble nor should she have been. It was absurd to even have her down there.
    I know, at least put Kyle/Lacey in the fake bottom 2. That would have been more believable. That's two weeks in a row (or maybe 3 times, were they 'in jeopardy' the first week of eliminations?)

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4091746;
    I know, at least put Kyle/Lacey in the fake bottom 2. That would have been more believable. That's two weeks in a row (or maybe 3 times, were they 'in jeopardy' the first week of eliminations?)
    The producers are still diligently trying to give the impression that Jennifer, even with her low scores this week, isn't running away with this competition, even if some of us know better. They often stick someone "in jeopardy", which many still misinterpret as "bottom two" when they have an off week, as Jennifer did, to further this false impression.

I also rewatched her dance, and I agree it wasn't that bad, just not up to her normal standards, but still better than most of the others. It deserved sevens, compared to her previous dances which earned eights, but not compared to the dances of say, Bristol, who earned eights for something far worse than Jennifer's sevens (and one six). I acknowledge that Derek, who has only gotten 2 other sixes in all his time on the show, handled it very graciously this time, so good for him. He is a brilliant dancer and choreographer, but I can't root for him because he seems to have such favored status on the show, while other pros get shat on season after season (like Tony). I wish I could root for Jennifer because she does deserve to win, but knowing Derek will also win YET AGAIN totally takes the enjoyment out of it for me, I can't help it.

I understand that next week, Jennifer is on the same team as Brandy and Kurt though, so yay, I will be able to root for her! Derek, Maks and Anna doing the choreo together should be a great routine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4091745;
    That was insulting to the viewers - I don't care if TB told us this 'wasn't necessarily the B2' - it's still BS and as much as I was wishing it, I knew Audrina was a goner as soon as Kyle was called safe.

As for the dancing - I thought all the dances were a little off - I'm not sure if it was all the shiny material, or the movements or what. I just thought at this stage in the competition there was still not a clear best dancer, but this week it definitely went to Brandy, even though I didn't completely love that dance either.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I have to say that Derek this season seems to be behaving with more maturity. Maybe I will be able to stomach him a tiny bit better if he continues this way.

I agree, it was crazy to put them in the "bottom 2/in jeopardy" zone. I really doubt anyone fell for that. There is no way they were really the ones with the second lowest score. As soon as they told Kyle and Lacey they were safe, I started screaming: knowing Audrina and Tony would be the eliminated pair.

I couldn't believe CA actually told Jennifer she was "The Chosen Ome."

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan;4094997;
    ....I couldn't believe CA actually told Jennifer she was "The Chosen Ome."
    Not that was a really stupid thing for her to say whether she believes it or not. Just plain stupid.

IIRC -CA basically told Nicole she was the winner of last season. Bias is definitely out the window and we see how the judges want this to end.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4095619;
    IIRC -CA basically told Nicole she was the winner of last season. Bias is definitely out the window and we see how the judges want this to end.
    I agree that this is how the judges want it to end, but whether Jennifer can physically endure and hold up to it concerns me. Most of the contestants season in and season out show bits of stress, but Jennifer has added circumstances, and she is making remarks that indicate that if the bottom falls out, we shouldn't be too terribly surprised.

+ Reply to Thread