+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 385
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

  1. #201
    It's Not Unusual! KrazeeKy07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,277

    Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

    I just read an article on MSNBC and apparently, Derek said the stumble occured because the "guyliner" got in his eye!

    Yeah, I don't know about that!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

  2. #202
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,034

    Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;4091293;
    I just read an article on MSNBC and apparently, Derek said the stumble occured because the "guyliner" got in his eye!

    Yeah, I don't know about that!
    Hmm....it has never gotten in his eye before, or at least not badly enough for him to stumble. Maybe it did, or maybe our boy is being gallant and chivarlous. Is that the way you spell that?

    Props for his demeanor and the way he handled it while facing the judges.
    He has gotten a lion's dose of critism about other things, so I want to be sure and commend him on the good things as well.

  3. #203
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

    I like him and I like Jennifer, too.
    I do give him credit for handling things professionally.
    I'm not sure why so many put him down. I think he's a great dancer and a great choreographer.
    I do think Jennifer is having lots of problems with her neck and her back. Aside from when she stumbled, I enjoyed their dancing a lot better than many of the couples. Still can't understand why Bristol got 8's, but that's for another thread.
    I do think they danced authentic rock, lindy hop, etc. in the marathon. Have no idea what dances some of the others were doing.
    I thought they should have won that portion.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  4. #204
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

    When Derek took off in that marathon dance and started doing flips across the stage, I thought they should have been taken out. At least it seemed others were being taken out for smaller infractions. Audrina should have won, but glad Brandy did. To be honest, it was hard to really see what everyone was doing, and was glad I missed Mark doing the worm.

    Jennifer's been bopping up and down the line every week while waiting for the show to get underway, so this week her reaction didn't surprise me. I don't think it had anything to do with her medication.

  5. #205
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

    THey said that flips, etc. were allowed in the marathon.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  6. #206
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4091339;
    THey said that flips, etc. were allowed in the marathon.
    I know that, but what was up with Derek getting so far away from Jennifer? It just seemed like a typical Derek move once the field started narrowing down, because it was hard to see any actual dancing from anyone until that point. The couples have all admitted they wing it, and then don't really go into turbo mode until it gets down to the last 4 when they can move anywhere on the floor. Which, not a bad move, I guess. It looked like a lot of shaking in place, and in some cases jumping over their partners. They need better camera work At any rate, I think they should can the marathon dances, especially because points are involved. But the marathon is pointless and I think just a way for the show to boost their favorites and keep the ones they want out on the bottom. I'd rather see two individual dances, or at the very least the group dance or even the relay dances brought back, if they want something else to score them on. Maybe they could change the point spread on those.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-26-2010 at 05:39 PM.

  7. #207
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

    I thought they were the only couple actually doing a recognizable dance - lindy hop - until that point.
    I don't know what some of the other couples were doing, as it didn't resemble jive, lindy or any kind of rock I've ever seen.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  8. #208
    FORT Fogey live4romance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    1,167

    Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4090828;
    It was an off night for a lot of couples. The show didn't drag on as I thought it would, but it was a hot mess. These themes don't serve any point as far as I'm concerned. I wonder if that throws some people off.
    This post made me think of the music last night. It was horrible and I can't imagine dancing the paso with some of that music. I really wish they would get songs that really fit the dances.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

  9. #209
    FORT Fogey live4romance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    1,167

    Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4091341;
    I know that, but what was up with Derek getting so far away from Jennifer? It just seemed like a typical Derek move once the field started narrowing down, because it was hard to see any actual dancing from anyone until that point. The couples have all admitted they wing it, and then don't really go into turbo mode until it gets down to the last 4 when they can move anywhere on the floor. Which, not a bad move, I guess. It looked like a lot of shaking in place, and in some cases jumping over their partners. They need better camera work At any rate, I think they should can the marathon dances, especially because points are involved. But the marathon is pointless and I think just a way for the show to boost their favorites and keep the ones they want out on the bottom. I'd rather see two individual dances, or at the very least the group dance or even the relay dances brought back, if they want something else to score them on. Maybe they could change the point spread on those.
    Boy do I agree with all you said. That marathon is a waste of time, can't see what everyone is doing because of bad camera angles. Two dances would be better or even the group dance, but even that always goes to the lead team and if you are not on that team you can't win.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

  10. #210
    FORT Fan BerryCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    378

    Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4091326;
    I like him and I like Jennifer, too.
    I do give him credit for handling things professionally.
    I'm not sure why so many put him down. I think he's a great dancer and a great choreographer.
    I do think Jennifer is having lots of problems with her neck and her back. Aside from when she stumbled, I enjoyed their dancing a lot better than many of the couples. Still can't understand why Bristol got 8's, but that's for another thread.
    I do think they danced authentic rock, lindy hop, etc. in the marathon. Have no idea what dances some of the others were doing.
    I thought they should have won that portion.
    I don't see why a lot put Derek down either. He is such a magnificent dancer and choreographer. Maybe Jennifer was in pain and had to take some medication so she was a bit off last night. If Kurt and Anna get voted off, my votes will be going to Jennifer and Derek.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.