+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Derek's PDs are usually stellar so I was expecting a 30. I think it was just an off night for themin main dance. She seemed a bit frantic in her dancing. She does need to calm down some. I don't know if it's stress or pressure but she needs to relax a bit.

I thought they should have gone out 3rd and Audrina should have been in 2nd. Derek doing flips across the stage had nothing to do with partners dancing. The judges prob made him pay for that by giving him 2nd not 1st but should have been 3rd instead.

I think they go back to top next week.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

It was an off night for a lot of couples. The show didn't drag on as I thought it would, but it was a hot mess. These themes don't serve any point as far as I'm concerned. I wonder if that throws some people off.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4090820;
    Jennifer/Derek were odd tonight. I don't think Derek's paso choreography was too hard (in fact I think it was weak-and he can put together a pretty good paso). Something about their whole vibe, I don't really know how to explain it. I agree with the judges it came off disjointed. It seemed like they were dancing two different dances, both the paso and the marathon dance (especially Derek taking off and doing flips across the stage). I probably would have eliminated them sooner. I figured he wouldn't win a 3rd time, but I wouldn't have been shocked if he did.

I did laugh at CA's "chosen one" comment. I was pretty surprised they were harsh on her.
    I noticed after the opening introductions that Jennifer was dancing up a storm and really hamming it up as they all stood in the line with their partners. Maybe it's the way she copes with her nerves, but it seemed strange. Then when I saw their PD, she just seemed to continue with the over the top and slightly out of control movements. It was particularly noticeable when she was waving her skirt, which is supposed to come off as a very sexy move, but I was really shocked to see that the way she was doing it was so frenetic that it came off somewhat comical. She is usually so precise and controlled, even when she misses a step, but last night she really lost it, particularly on that last spin out (that was really "out"). I thought the scores were pretty deserved, maybe 3 sevens would have been fairer (but Derek so rarely has gotten a 6 that I must say I enjoyed seeing his reaction). Definitely an off night for her, and the first time that I sensed she might be beatable if either Brandy or Audrina can really step it up. Probably not though, and next week will be the start of her big inspiring comeback. Sigh.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4091115;
    I noticed after the opening introductions that Jennifer was dancing up a storm and really hamming it up as they all stood in the line with their partners. Maybe it's the way she copes with her nerves, but it seemed strange. Then when I saw their PD, she just seemed to continue with the over the top and slightly out of control movements. It was particularly noticeable when she was waving her skirt, which is supposed to come off as a very sexy move, but I was really shocked to see that the way she was doing it was so frenetic that it came off somewhat comical. She is usually so precise and controlled, even when she misses a step, but last night she really lost it, particularly on that last spin out (that was really "out"). I thought the scores were pretty deserved, maybe 3 sevens would have been fairer (but Derek so rarely has gotten a 6 that I must say I enjoyed seeing his reaction). Definitely an off night for her, and the first time that I sensed she might be beatable if either Brandy or Audrina can really step it up. Probably not though, and next week will be the start of her big inspiring comeback. Sigh.
    What I really noticed was that Derek jumped right in and agreed with the judges! He was nodding his head and trying to say something. I don't think he was surprised at that 6 at all. He is not used to getting 6s, but he acted like he knew that the tailend of that dance had spun a bit out of control, and the dance didn't deserve a high score as compared to their other performances.
    I personally respected Derek for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4091130;
    What I really noticed was that Derek jumped right in and agreed with the judges! He was nodding his head and trying to say something. I don't think he was surprised at that 6 at all. He is not used to getting 6s, but he acted like he knew that the tailend of that dance had spun a bit out of control, and the dance didn't deserve a high score as compared to their other performances.
    I personally respected Derek for that.
    agreed - and to comment on Jennifer's energy last night, I wonder if she's on some kind of meds for her neck and other ailments that may cause some of the exagerated moves last night. I noticed it right away with the skirt flipping - I thought she was going to flip it right off of her.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

I had an odd feeling about Jennifer throughout the show, first as someone mentioned when she was in the lineup with the whole group after the introduction and her movements were so exaggerated and sort of loopy. Then there was the out-of-control Paso when she lost it, followed by the judges' critiques that she seemed not even to be hearing, and she had that sort of crazed look plastered on her face. That was followed by her seeming to be out of it when interviewed by Brooke. I had the feelling that maybe she had taken something for her nerves before the show and was impaired. The whole thing was just not like her, and she seemed really disconnected.

Grey seemed a little manic last night and the dance came off frantic. I think Derek knew it too. I don't know if it was meds or stress but she needs to calm down some. I still expect them to be in finale and they prob have best shot at winning it too. Derek has a huge fanbase and she's sentimental fave to win.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I'm afraid she may be wearing out. I totally felt for her when she went to the corner of the rehearsal stage and cried to Derek about being sorry that she is old.

Then after last night....I don't know...I wouldn't be surprised to see her go sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4091225;
    I'm afraid she may be wearing out. I totally felt for her when she went to the corner of the rehearsal stage and cried to Derek about being sorry that she is old.

Then after last night....I don't know...I wouldn't be surprised to see her go sooner rather than later.
    I don't think there is a chance in hell that she will not make the finals; the show tried to cast her for a while and if Bristol represents their stunt casting for media buzz, she is their claim to credibility: to the main demographic that watches the show, she will always be Baby in one of the most iconic dance movies ever! The producers will do everything necessary to keep her in the thick of the competition, not that I think they will need to, with her big fan base, popular partner who does amazing choreography, and, despite the off night, superior natural ability (if not stamina) over everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4088909;
    He's doing great! He just finished directing a benefit staged reading of the play The Normal Heart this week in NYC, featuring Glenn Close, Victor Garber, Joe Mantello and Patrick Wilson. Now that it's over, maybe he'll have more time to fly to LA for the show.

He's also going to be in the Broadway revival of Anything Goes this spring with Sutton Foster.
    Thanks for this info! I've always loved doing and watching staged readings and what a cast for that one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread