+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;4088823;
    It will be interesting to see how Jennifer does in the marathon dance this week against the younger competitors. In remember she collapsed on the floor after her 1 1/2 minute performance earlier in the season.
    I think she will win the main dance portion but not the marathon part as show will break it up some. She and Bristol might suffer most from an endurance angle along with Kyle for various reasons.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;4088823;
    It will be interesting to see how Jennifer does in the marathon dance this week against the younger competitors. In remember she collapsed on the floor after her 1 1/2 minute performance earlier in the season.
    She has had several weeks to build up her endurance. Unless she is on some kind of meds for the conditions that she had treated prior to the show with side effects which might tend to cause her a little fatigue, I think she is going to be fine.

Jennifer has been a pleasant surprise for me. She can really move her body for someone her age. 50 isn't old but it's different than being 20 something or even 30 or 40 something. I've been impressed with her performance. One thing that bugs me i people saying people are ringers. So will people have to take a litmus test to swear they never set foot on a dance floor even if it was 25 years ago? Don't most performers have some dance and or performance art in their background? It would be pretty boring to only get celebs that had zero dance ever in their life. I think the selection pool of celebs is already pretty shallow so we'd hate to see it get even more shallow.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4089002;
    Jennifer has been a pleasant surprise for me. She can really move her body for someone her age. 50 isn't old but it's different than being 20 something or even 30 or 40 something. I've been impressed with her performance. One thing that bugs me i people saying people are ringers. So will people have to take a litmus test to swear they never set foot on a dance floor even if it was 25 years ago? Don't most performers have some dance and or performance art in their background? It would be pretty boring to only get celebs that had zero dance ever in their life. I think the selection pool of celebs is already pretty shallow so we'd hate to see it get even more shallow.

A bit of research and we found that as a student Nicole had gone to the School of Fine Arts where she took among other things dance class. Of course, she was quite the dancer in her singing videos.
    Mya had danced since she was 5, and had been cast in a Broadway production. In addition, she had choreography experience. She even said she and Dmitry took turns making up some of the routines.
    Those are the two that most of us on the board felt were genuine ringers.

Jennifer is very good in spite of her age and physical condition, but although she has some dance in her lifetime, she does not have the same type experiences that Nicole and Mya have. Therefore, I do not consider Jennifer a ringer.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jennifer and Derek win the dance marathon, since Derek and his partners have won it in the past.

The "in jeopardy" thing with Jennifer and Derek was so fake. Not for a second did I believe they really were at risk of being eliminated.

I agree, Derek needs a clunker for a partner.

I was really disappointed the Extreme Makeover episode featured so much of Derek, and very little of Tony.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4088968[B[B
    ];]She has had several weeks to build up her endurance[/B].[/B] Unless she is on some kind of meds for the conditions that she had treated prior to the show with side effects which might tend to cause her a little fatigue, I think she is going to be fine.

Dancing a marathon, is quite different you are constantly, dancing non-stop and the Lindy Hop, is an engentic dance with lifts.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter;4090220;
    Dancing a marathon, is quite different you are constantly, dancing non-stop and the Lindy Hop, is an engentic dance with lifts.
    Yes, however the judges have already predetermined what order they are ranking the couples. I say this based on the last couple of marathons where a couple just gyrating their hips or continually doing a semi-vulgar-but-attention-getting move have stayed in to the end over several couples actually incorporating the dance steps of the chosen dance into their routines.

Here's my prediction for tonight:

1st out: Kyle/Lacey
    2nd out: Rick/Cheryl
    3rd out: Brandy/Maks (or whomever the judges want to sacrifice for Bristol this week)
    4th out: Kurt/Anna (or " " " " " " " Bristol this week)
    5th out: Audrina/Tony (or " " " " " Bristol this week)
    6th out: Bristol/Mark (MIRACULOUS RECOVERY DANCE!!!)
    7th out: Jennifer/Derek (UNSTOPPABLE NOW DANCE!!!)

Again, the 3rd, 4th and 5th spots this week are inter-changeable - it just depends on who the producers/judges have decided to pick on with the most minute detail this week, in order to thrust Jennifer into 1st for the rest of the season, and prop up their ratings stunt - Bristol.
    Last edited by TiaMaria62; 10-25-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The marathon isn't going to be strictly a lindy, but a rock n roll mesh of lindy/jive/swing/whatever else they make up as they go along. I don't think Bristol will last quite that long, but I'd be surprised if she's the first out. I'm guessing Kyle or Rick goes first, though CA loves them, and Bruno's weird so they may override Len. Jennifer/Derek win or come in second (but I'm betting the former). Kurt will probably go out early, maybe even first. Brandy will probably be towards the end. If dancing counts for anything. I wouldn't be surprised if Rick, Kyle, and Jennifer are the last 3 standing.

I don't think Bristol goes 1st in marathon but I can't see her ending in 2nd either. It's just too obvious not to mentuion a travesty for the better dancers. I do however agree judges could sacrifice someone this week. I don't think it will be Rick because CA and Bruno wet themselves over him. Could be Kyle, Audrina, Brandy, or Kurt. I think it could be Kyle unless they want 3-3 for team dancing. It's sad that I am already worried for Audrina even though she is one of better dancers. My guess is she finishes night 3rd and any lower than that and she could be their target. I don't like that she is only one never "in jeopardy" or in bottom. Makes me thing they don't want to boost her votes which ticks me off. I hope she makes it through as she could contend. If Bristol doesn't finish last on the night whoever is beneath her is main target.

I'm not so sure Grey wins marathon. I think she wins main dance but I wonder if someone else takes top spot in marathon. Most likely contenders would be Brandy, Audrina, and Rick based on scoring thus far. They will all have the stamina as will Kurt.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Jennifer/Derek were odd tonight. I don't think Derek's paso choreography was too hard (in fact I think it was weak-and he can put together a pretty good paso). Something about their whole vibe, I don't really know how to explain it. I agree with the judges it came off disjointed. It seemed like they were dancing two different dances, both the paso and the marathon dance (especially Derek taking off and doing flips across the stage). I probably would have eliminated them sooner. I figured he wouldn't win a 3rd time, but I wouldn't have been shocked if he did.

I did laugh at CA's "chosen one" comment. I was pretty surprised they were harsh on her.

+ Reply to Thread