+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

I was actually surprised that they got called out for "messing about." No one else was, nor were they called out last week with the piano business. My feeling was that they were trying to make it appear more of a close competition than it really is so this was their week to be taken down a notch.

FORT Fan

I believed that Jennifer had difficulties with the dance during Dirty Dancing - I know it was gossip, but at the time there was some negative press on her - but I have to say that her dancing and work ethic seem to be strong, and during the tango she was showing some strength in her muscles!!

I really didnt believe she was a ringer any more than Brandy was/is - but you are right she got the good edit!

and now Bristol is getting the good edit - and she has been given more leeway (Bristol) in judging... imo

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4087249;
    I defended them and knew I'd feel differently the next day Jennifer needs to go have a good cry with Michael Bolton in the corner. Aside from their jive, I've found all their dances boring. Jennifer doesn't show much personality on the dance floor, and where I find her arrogant is before and after (along with the rehearsal clips). Something seems off with Derek this season, at least to me, so maybe things aren't all rosy behind the scenes with these two. Jennifer's gotten more lucky breaks, has a favorite pro, has been the odds makers favorite to win before the season started, has obvious experience, and needs to realize the show won't let her take first every week since they need to pretend there's actual competition. Probably next week she'll go back to the top and stay there. She's a good technical dancer, but that's where it ends for me.
    Hi choreography is still excellent, and his dancing has not changed; however, the vitality - the snap, crackle and pop - that is Derek seems to have diminished or is at least more subdued. He just doesn't seem as excited and enthusiastic this season.

Barring unforeseen situations, his partner is most likely going to win. She is quite capable - actually, she is very good, especially given her circumstances.

She looks and moves like a woman a good 15 plus years younger than she is.

Herein, I think, lies some of the problem.....
    Jennifer is naturally good, and with the right attitude, hard work, and Derek, she is probably going to win this thing.

However, regardless of all of that, Jennifer is 50 years old. She may not look or act like it, but she is old enough to be Derek's mother.
    Although they might not have been have capable, all of his other partners have been in their 20s or their 30s, and I think that lent at least some element of excitement to Derek's role as instructor.
    That element is most likely not there with Jennifer, and Derek might be dealing with that for the first time.

I'm sure he wouldn't get a lot of sympathy from any of the other guys either (Tony, Maks, Mark, or Louis).

FORT Regular

I think Derek is a great dancer. Have thought so since he danced with Jenny Garth. However, I am one of the thousands of people who think just once he should have to dance with a Cloris Leachman or Florence Henderson. How do they choose partners?

Loathe Jennifer after her b**** face last night while "in jeopardy". Didn't like her before. Can't STAND her now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4087931;
    Loathe Jennifer after her b**** face last night while "in jeopardy". Didn't like her before. Can't STAND her now.
    I believe it was obvious to pretty much everyone that Jennifer and Derek in jeopardy was a sham. I was reading in the comments column on an article on AOL, and even the people who don't discuss on a message board weren't fooled by that move.

FORT Fogey

Can you spell "scripted?"

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4087931;
    I've watched the episode twice, and I have yet to see this 'face' you speak of.

Every couple gets the "rehearsal fight" edit at least once. It's what the show lives for. But Jen saying that the conflict ended up bringing her & Derek closer seems to have been forgotten in all the fake drama.

Somebody mentioned an article at the gossip rag Popeater, saying that the cast is rising up against Jennifer, and I'm going to quote it just to show how hilarious it is:
    Irked 'Dancing' Cast Close to Turning on Jennifer Grey

By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 18th 2010 06:00PM

After weeks of landing at the top of the 'Dancing With the Stars' leader board, insiders tell me the cast and dancers are starting to get a wee bit jealous of the outstanding Jennifer Grey.

"It's not outright hate yet but it isn't good," one insider that's spent plenty of time on the 'Dancing' stage tells me. "It's just not fair that we are all working our a**es off every week and Jennifer literally waltzes in and gets the best marks. You would think that because she is a dancer the judges would be a little harder on her."

This isn't the first time controversy has erupted over stars with dance experience stepping into the ballroom. Last season's winner, Nicole Scherzinger, came into the competition as one of the most respected dancers and choreographers in the music industry, and who can forget season 10 contestant Mya, who admitted she'd been dancing since she was 5 years old.

"What is different this time is the questions about excluding stars with dance experience aren't coming from the public or the media but rather from within the competition itself," a TV executive tells me. "I fear that if Jennifer gets another perfect score this week, Bristol Palin will have a fit!"

Now, now ladies, let's remember the winner wins a mirror ball trophy and not a desk in the Oval Office!
    Whoever these unnamed "insiders" are sound like they barely watch the show, let alone work on it. For one thing, Jen & Derek haven't gotten a perfect score yet. And Bristol will have a fit? Really?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4087950;
    I've watched the episode twice, and I have yet to see this 'face' you speak of.

Every couple gets the "rehearsal fight" edit at least once. It's what the show lives for. But Jen saying that the conflict ended up bringing her & Derek closer seems to have been forgotten in all the fake drama.

Somebody mentioned an article at the gossip rag Popeater, saying that the cast is rising up against Jennifer, and I'm going to quote it just to show how hilarious it is:

Whoever these unnamed "insiders" are sound like they barely watch the show, let alone work on it. For one thing, Jen & Derek haven't gotten a perfect score yet. And Bristol will have a fit? Really?
    The fairly laid back, almost stoic Bristol throwing a fit would be entertaining to watch, wouldn't it? The ironic thing about that remark is that the judges criticize Bristol for her lack of emotion in her dancing.

Now in seasons past, I can imagine that much of the sentiment in this article could be true; however, although I pretty much knew at the end of the first evening that unless something startling happened, Jennifer would be the winner, I still didn't feel the need to categorize her as a "ringer" like Nicole or Mya. Given her age, physical condition, and history, Jennifer pretty much amazes me.

Regardless of how marvelous Derek is, I think he needs a clunker (Ouch! That hurts even to use it as a descriptive word for a contestant) to prove himself as an instructor. 50 or not, Jennifer is in no way a clunker!

FORT Newbie

But Jen saying that the conflict ended up bringing her & Derek closer seems to have been forgotten in all the fake drama.
    Just wondering, but how exactly is Jennifer and Derek's fight supposed to be 'fake' drama? IMO the fight was all too real, because neither Derek nor Jennifer have even hinted that it was fabricated or manipulated for the cameras, unlike Maks. Not that I always believe Maks when he insists that the rehearsal footage was manipulatively edited, mind you. But Derek and Jen have basically acknowledged that the drama was real, going by their twitters, confessional footage, etc. Maybe we shouldn't forget that Jen and Derek are now supposedly closer than ever, but neither should the fans dismiss the rehearsal footage as being fake. That just comes across as a stretch to me.

+ Reply to Thread