+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

It won't be often that I defend Derek/Jennifer. I still find her arrogant, and felt the whole Jennifer walking out was chosen by producers to show another side to them that isn't all peaches and cream. I guess it was their turn to take another trip to second place. But, I didn't think their foxtrot had anymore messing about or gimmicks than some other dances. I found it boring, so I probably would have given it all 8s. But most of the dances fell flat for me tonight.

I don't know who all watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Sunday night but I did. Derek, Tony, Anna, and Chelsie was on it helping. They showed a little bit of Anna and Chelsie and tons of Derek but hardly any of Tony. I personally think it is the producers way to get people to vote for Derek. Maybe reach those that normally don't watch DWTS. Not sure but this is what I kept hinking everytime I saw Derek.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I stayed up to watch their dance and I was not impressed. The look on her face when the judges weren't praising her reminde me of Khate.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

In her interviews after show she was complaining that if it gets more stressful than this she can't take it. Must be rough being the best dancer with the judge's fave pro and arguably the best choreographer on the show. Oh the horror of knowing you will sail to finale and prob win. lol

I thought their dance was good last night but not their best. I also think show is trying to pretend others have a legit shot at winning by putting Audrina and now Brandy in 1st. I think Grey wins and easily at that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4087176;
    In her interviews after show she was complaining that if it gets more stressful than this she can't take it. Must be rough being the best dancer with the judge's fave pro and arguably the best choreographer on the show. Oh the horror of knowing you will sail to finale and prob win. lol

I thought their dance was good last night but not their best. I also think show is trying to pretend others have a legit shot at winning by putting Audrina and now Brandy in 1st. I think Grey wins and easily at that.
    I don't think Jennifer herself realizes that or sees it as we do. As I see it, unless Jennifer cracks under the pressure, it is hers and has been from the first night. There really isn't anyone close.

I got the impression last night that Derek never saw the show "Married With Children." The characters they portrayed were definitely not the Bundys!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4087195;
    I don't think Jennifer herself realizes that or sees it as we do. As I see it, unless Jennifer cracks under the pressure, it is hers and has been from the first night. There really isn't anyone close.
    I think she knows it, jmo. She seemed shocked that the judges didn’t love her performance. They have access to voting sites and know what’s going on – I think that’s why whoever leaves pretty much knows they’re leaving – I don’t think they’re pre-warned, I think they do what we do and look at the stats to see who is most in jeopardy.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I defended them and knew I'd feel differently the next day Jennifer needs to go have a good cry with Michael Bolton in the corner. Aside from their jive, I've found all their dances boring. Jennifer doesn't show much personality on the dance floor, and where I find her arrogant is before and after (along with the rehearsal clips). Something seems off with Derek this season, at least to me, so maybe things aren't all rosy behind the scenes with these two. Jennifer's gotten more lucky breaks, has a favorite pro, has been the odds makers favorite to win before the season started, has obvious experience, and needs to realize the show won't let her take first every week since they need to pretend there's actual competition. Probably next week she'll go back to the top and stay there. She's a good technical dancer, but that's where it ends for me.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;4087200;
    I got the impression last night that Derek never saw the show "Married With Children." The characters they portrayed were definitely not the Bundys!
    Was that a requirement? I don't think Maks and Brandy portrayed characters from "Friends".
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4087280;
    Was that a requirement? I don't think Maks and Brandy portrayed characters from "Friends".
    If anything Jennifer/Derek could say they were aiming to be the anti-Bundys (I don't think that was their intention, but that was my first thought). I think it's up to the couple whether they want to incorporate anything from the actual TV show into the dance. I appreciated Maks and Anna's respective quick steps for being thin of any props/gimmicks, but I still wonder whose decision that is in the end, the couples or the producers.

I still see no point in theme nights and think it hurts a couple more than helps, but I did enjoy TV night more than movie night.

+ Reply to Thread