+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

I've nevr seen Derek as a hot guy. He's not unattractive by any stretch but I don't get any kind of sex appeal vibe from him off the dance floor. He's an excellent dancer and his chorography is great as well but helped by the fact his partners can often dance. I agree that he will never get a clunker. I also agree if Julieanne wanted back they would boot anyone not named Mark and Derek to do it and that includes those who have been here since the beginning.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

If it meant losing Lacey or Karina, I'd be fine with that. Since Edyta's out of the picture, my 3 must haves for the female pros are Anna, Chelsie, and Kym. I don't really care other than that (of course the guys side I mostly want Maks, Tony, Louis, and Jonathan).

I don't think Derek's a bad looking guy. I don't care for the goofy faces he makes, as that makes him look about 12. I can see where some might find the sex appeal (once upon a time, I'd probably find him as gorgeous as I do Maks). I think he's a fantastic dancer, and whether his partner is a pro or not, my eyes always go to him. MHCarrolton, you're probably right. It's all about ratings and the younger demo. With what's on TV nowadays, and the whole sex sells appeal, on top of Derek putting together more outside the box, gimmicky, flashy routines in comparision to those who stay more inside the boundaries, I can see why the show would be more willing to keep him around, why they cast dancers from SYTYCD, why they're doing theme nights and trying to change it up, copying from other formats, having the designated slots every season. It's all about ratings, and if ratings sunk, they'd probably do more damage than try to fix it. I don't think that the show cares as much about things being painfully obvious. DWTS is the #1 show, and if it wasn't, it'd still be one of the top rated shows on TV right now. If anything kills it, I think it'll be more fatigue than anything, just like any other TV show, reality or otherwise. Having a brother/sister showdown in the finals of 2 popular pros, and Julianne's return (if she did), would seem like good marketing to them.

Who knows, Maybe Dereks partner next year will be his sister Julianne......That way on premiere night he can just walk down the staircase with his pro partner both carrying the mirrorball trophy....That will certainly guarantee a win again for him.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Since Julianne has gone into singing and acting, I wouldn't be at all surprised if she was ever announced as an actual celeb, not a pro, extensive ballroom training aside. That'd be too good of a gimmick for the show to pass up. If Derek gets his 3peat this year, I say give Julianne to Mark, then they can all have 3 trophies to brag about, and be happy, and we won't have to endure 2 more seasons of the Ballas brat pack winning.

I'm 27, and I don't find Derek at all attractive. I don't think he's bad looking, but he just isn't my type. Of course, I'm much more inclined to be attracted to Men rather than Boys (a la Tony, Maks, Jonathan)

Good job at the reseach, Ironcat. Very interesting! I totally agree, it's not fair Derek always gets good partners, especially when others (like Jonathan and Tony tend to get the older women/more "challenging" partners). ALL the pros are great choregraphers, not just Derek. I would love to see what he could do with a partner like Bristol, Kate, Macy Gray, etc.

Derek is good-looking, I guess, but I personally would never call him hot. If I was in a room with him, Tony, and Jonathan, Derek would be the last one I'd notice.

Jennifer will guest star on House Monday night. Bet she'll dance in the second hr.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4084609;
    Jennifer will guest star on House Monday night. Bet she'll dance in the second hr.
    I'm happy for her that she got the acting gig. Good for her. She was good on Friends. She usually does go later in the show but at least she went first once. That made me feel better. Now let Bristol go first or even early and I'll be happy. Flo, Kyle, and Brandy are the only other 3 who haven't gone first yet so my guess is Flo does this week.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

hahaha - I noticed ABC's Family Channel showed Dirty Dancing today (although I didn't watch it). Clever, ABC.

KK4
    FORT Fan

I just watched an episode of Extreme Makeover. Derek really had his heart in it. It totally changed my opinion of him. All positive.

+ Reply to Thread