+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;4078367;
    I'm wondering if she just meant the difference in the dance for the two weeks. The jive is a pretty energetic style - she may just have meant it wasn't as draining.
    That's my take on it. Not sure what other people are hearing .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Maybe I was wrong about the way she meant it, and I apologize if I was. However, the fact that she messed up in her dance coupled with the fact that she got the same scores as before makes it seem (to me) like she knew she was getting favoritism. To another point, she also got 24 for the waltz and she wouldn't have had to "work harder" energy wise for that one.

Dunno, it's might be that I just don't like them. Sorry.

I watched it again, and she said "It's nice not to have to be perfect and still get an 8."

She wasn't talking about how hard she was working. She was saying that she was happy that the dance could still earn an 8 even though she screwed up a step.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

THanks, MF.

Not sure why Jennifer is getting ripped so much this season. I don't find her a ringer like Nicole at all.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I just don't care for her. I don't know exactly what it is, but I was never a fan of hers to begin with, and something about her I just find arrogant. It could be the surgery that makes her face look like that. It's got nothing to do with Derek, because if I liked a celeb partnered with him I would root for them regardless (likewise Jennifer wouldn't be getting my votes if she were with Maks). For once I'm somewhat enjoying Derek and his partner is the one bugging me more, but I still think he's on a different throne than the others when it comes to the judges. She may not be a ringer, but Derek got lucky (again). That part bugs me. I do think the judges have their favorites, and it's more obvious this season with them scoring Bristol and Mike the way they have been. Derek's partner getting raves is nothing new. The show can pretend it's an open field, but I still think these two have it in the bag.

They have the AT next week.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4078548;
    I just don't care for her. I don't know exactly what it is, but I was never a fan of hers to begin with, and something about her I just find arrogant. It could be the surgery that makes her face look like that. It's got nothing to do with Derek, because if I liked a celeb partnered with him I would root for them regardless (likewise Jennifer wouldn't be getting my votes if she were with Maks). For once I'm somewhat enjoying Derek and his partner is the one bugging me more, but I still think he's on a different throne than the others when it comes to the judges. She may not be a ringer, but Derek got lucky (again). That part bugs me. I do think the judges have their favorites, and it's more obvious this season with them scoring Bristol and Mike the way they have been. Derek's partner getting raves is nothing new. The show can pretend it's an open field, but I still think these two have it in the bag.

They have the AT next week.
    Jennifer dances better than I ever would have guessed. I like her, but I'm rooting for Kurt and Anna to win. I'd be OK with a Jenn and Derek second place and Audrina and Tony rounding out the top three.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4078527;
    I watched it again, and she said "It's nice not to have to be perfect and still get an 8."

She wasn't talking about how hard she was working. She was saying that she was happy that the dance could still earn an 8 even though she screwed up a step.
    Okay, so if it wasn't as good as the first two weeks should she have gotten the same score? Nope. Case closed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4078527;

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4078882;
    Okay, so if it wasn't as good as the first two weeks should she have gotten the same score? Nope. Case closed.

You see, this is what is bothering me about the judging this season. You dance well, you get an 8. You make a big enough mistake that they point it out, you get an 8. You dance great, you get an 8, you dance more poorly (cough, cough Kyle's feet), you still get an 8. You dance technically well with your arms and feet and no mistakes but with no emotion, you get a 6.

For Heaven's sake, be as impartial as possible, be consistent, and drop the agenda. What a mess!

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4078882;
    The criteria for judging was a little different this week, since the judges also factored in how well the couples told a story through the dance. Jen & Derek got high praise in that area, which would easily explain the 8.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'm not trying to argue with anyone. It looks like a fact, not an opinion, that Jennifer said she knew she messed up and got the same score as before, and how nice that was for her. Story line or not, she didn't reference that in her remark, so she came off as arrogant and rude. And that's that.

+ Reply to Thread