+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Kurt Warner & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Kurt Warner & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 11

I know Kurt's a good, Christian man who would never offend anyone. But the look on his face tonight when he was in the bottom 2, and having to listen to Bruno, made me think he had a few choice words he wanted to say He was such a joy to watch. No, he wasn't the best dancer, but he tried. He was enjoying himself, never complained, had fun, improved, had respect for Anna and the process, and I think she came up with some fun routines this season. I hope Anna's back again next time, along with Jonathan. She deserves that mirrorball, though I worry it'll be awhile, if ever, that she gets another contender. I didn't expect her to get someone like Kurt right after Evan.

I loved how everyone started shouting 'MVP' at him after his elimination.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4101934;
    I know Kurt's a good, Christian man who would never offend anyone. But the look on his face tonight when he was in the bottom 2, and having to listen to Bruno, made me think he had a few choice words he wanted to say He was such a joy to watch. No, he wasn't the best dancer, but he tried. He was enjoying himself, never complained, had fun, improved, had respect for Anna and the process, and I think she came up with some fun routines this season. I hope Anna's back again next time, along with Jonathan. She deserves that mirrorball, though I worry it'll be awhile, if ever, that she gets another contender. I didn't expect her to get someone like Kurt right after Evan.

When Bruno said that "Kurt was a true gentleman," Kurt's face lit up. The only thing that Bruno could have said that would have made Kurt happier would have been to have commented on how Kurt conducted himself as a Christian man, and indeed we saw Kurt praying with Anna for their nerves to be settles before their performance one evening. It was a quick segment, but I caught it.

Kurt is known in football circles for being a class act. It has been a joy watching him ( and his adorable kids) on this show.

There is something so endearing about Kurt, and I will really miss seeing him and Anna. He and Kyle are the most FUN to watch out of all the rest because of their personalities. But after Kyle was saved last night, I pretty knew that Kurt was going home. Without Kurt there next week, the show won't be the same.

FORT Fan

t's really hard not to root for someone who is just flat out a good person. Here in St. Louis, people despise the football Cardinals due to their horrid owner and how he gave our city the shaft when he moved the team. They got fantastic attendance, even though they usually sucked, and never won a playoff game in their history here. The owner was very simply peeved that the city wouldn't pony up and build him a new stadium the moment he demanded it. So he moved the team to Arizona, where it also took many years for them to pony up and build him a new stadium - go figure!

Fast forward years later, we have the Rams, Kurt comes along out of nowhere and takes us to 2 Superbowls - winning 1. And tops it all off by being the great guy he is, and does tons for the community. Then, as so often happens, the team goes in another direction and Kurt leaves for the Giants. Then the Arizona Cardinals. Every St. Louisan's nightmare.

Except, curiously, he isn't tarred and feathered in public opinion or the media here - he keeps his fans. People here started saying, "Well since the Rams currently suck, and Kurt is with the Cardinals, we'll root for them/him". He made it easy also, by still retaining a home here, and is here in town often for charity events and appearances.

Again who could ever root against this guy in anything he ever did?

BTW, here is a link that shows the metamorphasis of his wife, Brenda, over the years. IMO she looks 15-20 years younger - has never looked better. They have a very special story. Just good people.

Brenda Warner on her new look: 'It's just hair' - USATODAY.com

I thought Kurt came across as a nice guy, but he was never one of my favourites this season, despite the fact he was dancing with the wonderful Anna, so I wasn't too upset to see him go.
    Of course he should have outlasted Bristol, but imo so should everyone other than Hoff, Sitch and Michael Bolton.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Brenda does look tons better with the longer softer hair.

I was also thrilled when the crowd chanted MVP. There is something about this guy that you just like! AS the above poster said, when he left SL and eventually ended up in AZ, the Cards became my team to cheer!

I am also the proud owner of a Rams Warner jersey!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Newbie

LOL I loved watching Kurt & Anna dance, I thought they did an awesome job & didn't deserve to be voted off so soon! Maybe the crybaby who hurts all over will win, maybe the Republican Moma's girl....maybe Brandy, who to me has no personality whatsoever, but hey, it's about dancing! Go Kyle...with Kurt & Rick gone I'm cheering for you!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 11-11-2010 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4101934;

I agree, he was such a joy to watch. He worked hard, improved, had fun, and never complained. I felt his dances and personality really connected with the audience. He and Anna were great together.

I'm so upset the judges constantly underscored him. His cha cha especially deserved at least one 9.

I'm sooo sad they were eliminated. I was really hoping they'd last at least one more week. Poor Anna, she looked so sad and disappointed.

I think the entire cast and crowd loved him. As clueless as the judges are, it's nice they realized what a classy person Kurt is. I didn't "know" him before DWTS, but I'm now a fan.

Just soooo disappointed he is gone.

I also hope Anna and Jonathan will be back next season, and have great partners!

I found this picture hilarious

Just saying! | Plixi

I love the Warners! I'll miss Kurt

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4105430;
    I found this picture hilarious

Just saying! | Plixi

I love the Warners! I'll miss Kurt

I LOVE IT! I'm always for a little snark, and they make an excellent point with the pic.

+ Reply to Thread