+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Kurt Warner & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 11

Re: Kurt Warner & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 11

the picking on Kurt is either to help in voting or it's because they need Bristol to stay and for someone to take the fall for her this week. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone but Kurt leaving tonight.

that said - I enjoyed his dance and thought he did better than Jennifer did in her Paso. I don't get the Rick Fox love - he's not that great - I liked Kurt's dance much better than his.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I'm excited that Kurt wasn't voted off last week, although I'm still sad for Audrina.

Anyone know what dance he has this week for his individual routine? This whole "perform a past contestant's dance" business is not something I'm looking forward to, I must say. Depends on how they work it, I guess. Flat out imitation of popular routines would be a mess in a lot of cases, I'm afraid.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Kurt/Anna will be dancing the tango, and for the team dance are on Team Apolo (consisting of Jennifer/Derek and Brandy/Maks as well). Both teams are dancing the cha cha. Maks revealed in his blog he and Brandy are doing the foxtrot to Gilles's foxtrot song from season 8. From what he and Cheryl said in her own blog, they don't have to actually repeat the dance step by step, but are just using the song (I guess it's up to the couple if they want to try and go for a similar image). Rick/Cheryl have the quick step, which have many wondering if Rick will be doing Helio's quick step song, and Bristol has the VW, so my guess was she'd be doing Kelly's from season 9. If I had to take a guess, I might say Kurt would be doing Emmitt Smith's old tango song (Simply Irresitable), but that might be because it stands out more than the other tango's performed of the guest judges (except Gilles, but his dance is taken already). I remember Kelly's simply because she messed up. Mel's was good but she had better dances that the show might try and re-create (just don't touch her Free Your Mind paso).

Wow, the judges were so mean to Kurt and Anna. My heart went out to them, especially Anna. I agree, Bristol should have been out first in the marthon dance.

Anna said she and Kurt are dancing to Emmitt's tango song from season 3. I'm hoping that'll be a better dance for him. Keeping my fingers crossed for him this week. I worry putting him on the chopping block will backfire and cause Brandy to go. It'll be a joke if Team Apolo ends up for elimination.

Per Anna's twitter, she and Kurt are going third tonight. I guess it doesn't really make a difference with 5 couples that left that Kurt's middle of the pack again (even though the show is 2 hours again this week-I really hate the fall for this reason). They're doing the waltz and cha cha is their insta-dance.

Here's to Kurt making it through another week. I so enjoy watching him and Anna dance.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I hope Kurt and Brandy make it. I'm sure the show hopes Brandy does so they can milk Maks vs CA another week. Kurt's been getting a bad rap, in comparision to a certain teen advocate who makes him look like Astaire. CA needs to get with the program, and cut all the fan girl stuff. Her whole 'if I needed a Ken doll, like for someone mature like me' brought out that stupid baby voice. Kurt's trying, he's enjoying himself, he's showing improvement, he's probably the only left who hasn't broken down yet (I think Kyle, too), and I'd much rather him get through than Bristol or the overrated Jennifer. I realize neither will happen, most likely I loved seeing his kids there last night, and Anna's OTT team attitude. I've enjoyed her so much the last 3 seasons, and I hope she becomes a permanent fixture. Especially since Edyta's gone, I'd much rather see her than Lacey or Karina.

FORT Fan

I so appreciate the mutual respect that both Anna and Kurt display for each other...their maturity and desire to do well is apparent.

Of course I MUST also admit that that twinkle in Kurt's eyes makes me swoon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi;4101536;
    I so appreciate the mutual respect that both Anna and Kurt display for each other...their maturity and desire to do well is apparent.

Of course I MUST also admit that that twinkle in Kurt's eyes makes me swoon!!
    I like that it appears their families are becoming friends. Last week (or 2 weeks ago? I don't remember for sure which week) Jonathan was sitting next to Kurt's wife. This week in the footage of the kids coming to the dance rehearsal they came running in and I noticed one girl in particular came over to hug Anna and it seemed like a genuine hug from both of them, it was very touching and sweet.

+ Reply to Thread