+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Kurt Warner & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Kurt Warner & Anna Trebunskaya - Season 11

Per Anna's twitter, Kurt is going first tonight (they have to save the chosen ones for last I guess ) Two sets of scores, and I'm betting some couples are going to get overscored on the performance parts to keep them in and make them happy. Kurt's probably going to get screwed by going first.

I don't think they'll get hurt by going first.
    Jennifer and Derek went first last week and they were OK. Same with Audrina and Tony before them.
    The show does tend to alternate the contestants from week to week.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4081643;
    I don't think they'll get hurt by going first.
    Jennifer and Derek went first last week and they were OK. Same with Audrina and Tony before them.
    The show does tend to alternate the contestants from week to week.
    Jennifer/Derek are in a completely different category for me in terms of scoring. By the end of the first night, I felt Audrina got screwed by going first. The later you are, the better your scores, especially since some couples not as good get higher scores than they deserve. Then someone who is better gets higher scores to compensate.

It would be nice to see Mike for first for a change, or Bristol, instead of them always going near the end. Especially Mike.

I think going first you often do get a point or two taken away. Audrina was vg her first week and her score didn't reflect that because they were waiting to see if others were better. Had she gone later she would have scored higher. Good thing for Kurt is even if he's docked a tad he will be okay as he's got a big fanbase and he's good enough to still make it through.

The show is also very unfair as far as the order goes. If they feel you bring in ratings you often go very late in show and a few this season have been proof of that i.e. The Situation and Bristol. I would bet Grey goes to the back of the order as well this week. Some others are always early to middle and it's not fair to other pros and celebs who go late. If Bristol and The Situation go early or even in first 5 I would be happy.

Kurt got shafted big time. This was probably my least favorite dance of his, but he had fantastic hip action and it was a lot better than some other rumbas and even a few AT. By comparision to other couples, his scores should have been higher.

Nice seeing Jonathan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4082155;
    Kurt got shafted big time. This was probably my least favorite dance of his, but he had fantastic hip action and it was a lot better than some other rumbas and even a few AT. By comparision to other couples, his scores should have been higher.

Nice seeing Jonathan
    I appreciated that rehearsal segment. The rumba is a sexy dance, and Kurt said that he was having a hard time combining his Christian beliefs as a married man with the moves he needed to make with another man's wife. I thought it was a great touch to get both spouses in for the rehearsal. Of course, Jonathan understood, but it was sweet to see Kurt's wife interact with him and show him complete support. I think the two of them must have a great marriage!

I know Kurt is a nice guy but (in my humble opinion) his making a big deal out of being a Christian and dancing the sexie rumba is over the top. I'm sure all these celebrities know there will be sexie body contact with their partner before signing up. Just saying!!

Anna & Jonathan are two of my favorite pros (other than Tony I love him best)
    don't understand why Johathan wasn't included this year. Edytha Sliwinska and her husband Alec were also two of my favorites, I miss both of them. Edytha quit the show because of the way they treated Alec. After winning two times he rarely appeared on the show. I hope they aren't going to treat Johanthan the same way they treated Alec.

Bristol would look a lot better, and do better dancing, if she would have been partnered with someone like Johanthan. The little shrimp she got stuck with sure don't help her. They look like Mutt and Jeff. I can't stand Corkey or his little shrimp show off son. What's with these two? Always on the show when they overlook someone like Johanthan and Alec.

I also think that Kurt got shafted last night. Didn't he get all 5's on technique? I think that that was lower than any of the others got for technique....except The Situation. I was very disappointed in the way they scored Kurt.

As far as what Kurt said regarding his Christianity, I think that he is just trying to be true to himself and his Christian beliefs. I find that refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;4082289;
    I know Kurt is a nice guy but (in my humble opinion) his making a big deal out of being a Christian and dancing the sexie rumba is over the top. I'm sure all these celebrities know there will be sexie body contact with their partner before signing up. Just saying!!

Anna & Jonathan are two of my favorite pros (other than Tony I love him best)
    don't understand why Johathan wasn't included this year. Edytha Sliwinska and her husband Alec were also two of my favorites, I miss both of them. Edytha quit the show because of the way they treated Alec. After winning two times he rarely appeared on the show. I hope they aren't going to treat Johanthan the same way they treated Alec.

Bristol would look a lot better, and do better dancing, if she would have been partnered with someone like Johanthan. The little shrimp she got stuck with sure don't help her. They look like Mutt and Jeff. I can't stand Corkey or his little shrimp show off son. What's with these two? Always on the show when they overlook someone like Johanthan and Alec.
    Alec only won once, but it was the first season, and a controversial win with Kelly Monaco. I felt like the show held that against him for a long time. Even with Toni Braxton and Natalie Coughlin, who were probably his best partners, I felt the judges and show screwed them over more than anything Alec did. Edyta was on every season for 10 seasons, and they could never give her a guaranteed winner. Not even Donny Osmond! I was happy for Kym, but was it a big deal to pair no named Ashley Hamilton with the same pro his dad had? I've always adored Jonathan, love watching him and Anna dance, but he's gotten the shaft more than any other pro. He got lucky to make the finals with Marie season 5 because of her popularity. Since then, he's gotten booted first the next 3 times he was on the show. I think it would have benefitted Bristol more to have someone more patient, less showboating, and a tad taller. I hope Jonathan is back next season, and gets a really good partner.

I know that the celebs come in knowing it's going to be close, sexy dancing, but sometimes I don't think they realize just how close and sexy it might be. Kurt isn't the first one to be a little worried and nervous. He did get screwed on his scores. Florence's dance was horrible, but was what, 2 points lower than his? And Mike's was only 6. That's crap. Even Rick's wasn't worth scoring more than his.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4082302;
    I also think that Kurt got shafted last night. Didn't he get all 5's on technique? I think that that was lower than any of the others got for technique....except The Situation. I was very disappointed in the way they scored Kurt.

As far as what Kurt said regarding his Christianity, I think that he is just trying to be true to himself and his Christian beliefs. I find that refreshing.

I could not believe Kurt was scored so low. Didn't they even score Mike and Karina higher on performance?? Not sure about that.

I thought his comments about being a Christian and dancing with someone other than his wife were very honest and what he was feeling. How nice to see his wife come in and give him a boost of confidence. You are right it is refreshing to hear a Man speak of his conviction.

Kurt has always been an honorable man and tonight he earned everyone of my votes for his hard work and dedication. I think he was robbed!

+ Reply to Thread