+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 11

Re: Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 11

Lacey is not my favorite, but Kyle has grown on me. I was rooting for Kurt and Audrina, but now I guess I'm rooting for Kyle and Brandy. They've both improved and seem to really want to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4088326;
    In her defense, that just wasn't one of Lacey's best nights. The pants and the routine fought against her.
    She is the show's rebel - we know that; nevertheless, she has proven that she can dance. We have seen her in some good routines and great costumes, and we have seen her dance with the pros in group numbers and hold her own.

I don't know who chose that costume for Monday night, but if it was their wardrobe guy and I was Lacey, I would be powwowing with him about future outfits that were a little more flattering on the old caboose.
    I'm curious because I don't know, how is she the show's "rebel"? I don't know much about her.

The more I looked at her the last couple of weeks since I posted, I do realize that compared to the other women she does have a much bigger uh, caboose It was especially apparent with the short skirt she wore in that jive number.

But I also wonder if she has that sway back someone talked about. It does appear that she arches her back and lets her tail curve down and out and her butt is not only big but she sticks it out too much, which isn't proper form, especially for dancing smooth ballroom. She should keep her tail tucked under and pushed up toward her partner.

Someone compared her to Cheryl Burke, Cheryl definitely has nice curves but she manages to push her hips forward properly in the closed hold in ballroom.

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur;4104623;
    I'm curious because I don't know, how is she the show's "rebel"? I don't know much about her.
    She's pretty much known for things like doing the wrong choreography for a specific dance (and doing so deliberately), refusing to wear shoes one too many times, being mouthy, etc. She hasn't been bad this season, really, but I'm still no big fan of her either.

That said, I'm another Kurt/Anna fan that will be voting for Kyle and Lacey on Monday. Hadn't intended to vote for anyone once Kurt went, but changed my mind. Can't stand Jennifer, don't care for Brandy, and Kyle is more improved that Bristol. So he gets my vote. Plus their jive this past episode was my favorite dance of the season.

Re: why do people have a problem with Lacey

I think the thing that bugs people about Lacey is that she is such a slob and doesn't seem to take her "gift" seriously or take care of her gift. She comes across so unpolished and unprofessional. She is so very talented and blessed with a very limber body and ability to do many things and make it look easy. She seems capable of doing anything where dance is concerned and is a very quick study. But she presents herself in a way that says she doesn't appreciate it or the fact that the producers keep having her back even while she comes on the show overweight, sloppy, abrasive and lowlife in her manner. It just seems she's awfully young to be so defiant and unappreciative taking it all for granted. Many people would give a lot to have such an opportunity and would cherish it. She seems like she could care less, doesn't seem to bond with anyone else there. Comes across as though she would rather get back to her hairdresser friends at some goth freak studio. It just pisses me off because I guess I want more for her. People think they can take a person out of their environment, give them endless opportunity and that will change their lives because all they ever needed was a chance, but it seems not to be true. Just look at Hollywood filled with people who could do so much good for themselves and others and yet they choose the low road, end up on drugs, babies without fathers, endless trips to rehab and generally unhappy unsuccessful failures. Or worst of all, the former beauties turn into potty mouthed "broads" when they get older, saying and doing outrageous things I suppose in an effort to keep some attention focused on themselves at all costs. They seem nothing like the person they were when younger. Why not just be sweet and graceful why go the old salty broad route? Ok, that's another rant, lol. Thanks for letting me vent

FORT Fogey

I was not a fan of Lacey even way back on SYTYCD. I agree that she always looks not well put together and it continues even onto this show. I was surprised that her hair was much more styled and shorter this past week . The ragged, not quite clean extensions never flattered her.

FORT Fogey

Re: why do people have a problem with Lacey

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4105759;
    I think the thing that bugs people about Lacey is that she is such a slob and doesn't seem to take her "gift" seriously or take care of her gift. She comes across so unpolished and unprofessional. She is so very talented and blessed with a very limber body and ability to do many things and make it look easy. She seems capable of doing anything where dance is concerned and is a very quick study. But she presents herself in a way that says she doesn't appreciate it or the fact that the producers keep having her back even while she comes on the show overweight, sloppy, abrasive and lowlife in her manner. It just seems she's awfully young to be so defiant and unappreciative taking it all for granted. Many people would give a lot to have such an opportunity and would cherish it. She seems like she could care less, doesn't seem to bond with anyone else there. Comes across as though she would rather get back to her hairdresser friends at some goth freak studio. It just pisses me off because I guess I want more for her. People think they can take a person out of their environment, give them endless opportunity and that will change their lives because all they ever needed was a chance, but it seems not to be true. Just look at Hollywood filled with people who could do so much good for themselves and others and yet they choose the low road, end up on drugs, babies without fathers, endless trips to rehab and generally unhappy unsuccessful failures. Or worst of all, the former beauties turn into potty mouthed "broads" when they get older, saying and doing outrageous things I suppose in an effort to keep some attention focused on themselves at all costs. They seem nothing like the person they were when younger. Why not just be sweet and graceful why go the old salty broad route? Ok, that's another rant, lol. Thanks for letting me vent

In her lack of convention, Lacey has just enough edge to give her personality some color, or so it seems to me. She has a season or two or three before she seriously needs to conform and be just like the rest of them.
    I figure if she stays in the field of ballroom that she will settle down eventually. If she is inclined to remain independently different, then she may change genres within the field of dance.

FORT Newbie

I hope fans will still vote for Kyle even if they do not care for Lacey. I really think he has done a great job. HE won me over!! He has worked hard and improved just as Bristol has and and he has the personality that makes me smile each week. He brings the elements to the dance floor that I think this show is about.

I absolutely love Kyle's personality. It's rare for such a young person to take criticism so well and to be able to laugh at himself without being foolish or going off the deep end acting crazy or crude such as Steve-O did (his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel was just detestable) or even Adam Corolla though not all that young seems to think he's a laugh a minute~NOT.... Kyle is genuine and seems to blessed with the one thing we all wish we had " a sunny disposition"! Still, I don't really think he should win DWTS as the best dancer, but it's nice that he is in the finals. He deserves it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by sadams;4109779;
    I hope fans will still vote for Kyle even if they do not care for Lacey. I really think he has done a great job. HE won me over!! He has worked hard and improved just as Bristol has and and he has the personality that makes me smile each week. He brings the elements to the dance floor that I think this show is about.
    I wouldn't not vote for a celeb because I don't like their pro. It may pain me to do it, but I would I can't blame the celeb for who they got. So while the thought of seeing Lacey hoisting the mirrorball in the air before a lot of the veteran pros have, it'd be worth it for Kyle. He's earned it. And I'm glad there's someone enjoyable left.

My votes will be going to Kyle now.

+ Reply to Thread