+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 11

Re: Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4087187;
    Lacey and Kyle are indeed both young, but the schtick where they don't recognize what are now basically accepted as classics is getting old.

Small doses of that kind of thing is amusing. Larger doses is annoying. In addition, those earlier entertainers paved the way for the entertainers of today, and in my opinion deserve a certain amount of respect.
    Next week Lacey will say she doesn't know who The Beatles are and Kyle will ask, "Elvis who?" lol I agree that it's getting old. And they are young but they aren't little children. The Eagles and Charlie's Angels are pretty legendary. If you really don't know research it before the show.

I've never really been a Lacey fan and it bugs me that she is so "in your face, I'll do it my way," but Kyle has been somewhat endearing this season. I wish they had done a more traditional fox trot to the music they were given. You can make any dance entertaining when anything goes, but they are given styles of dance in which to compete on a given night and have the opportunity to do a free style if they make it that far.
    Kyle was "cute" (like a little boy playing dress-up) but not progressing much. I do think he did better than Bristol.

I have never posted on the DWTS board here before, but I found Lacey & Kyle's foxtrot so appalling that I had to come here and post about it. Besides just a few basic elements which never lasted very long, it had none of the appearance of a foxtrot to me - It was absolutely horrible, and definitely deserved that 5 from Len, what was CAI thinking with an 8???

This is my first season seeing Lacey as a pro, I know the woman is good at swing but is she actually an accomplished ballroom dancer? During the foxtrot in the closed hold she had her back arched and her butt sticking out the whole time and her hips swiveled so much that it looked more Latin to me.

Kyle does OK for an amateur but his footwork and posture are very sloppy and he's nowhere in the same league as some of the remaining contestants.

I'm looking forward to the day these 2 are booted off.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur;4088251;
    I have never posted on the DWTS board here before, but I found Lacey & Kyle's foxtrot so appalling that I had to come here and post about it. Besides just a few basic elements which never lasted very long, it had none of the appearance of a foxtrot to me - It was absolutely horrible, and definitely deserved that 5 from Len, what was CAI thinking with an 8???

This is my first season seeing Lacey as a pro, I know the woman is good at swing but is she actually an accomplished ballroom dancer? During the foxtrot in the closed hold she had her back arched and her butt sticking out the whole time and her hips swiveled so much that it looked more Latin to me.

Kyle does OK for an amateur but his footwork and posture are very sloppy and he's nowhere in the same league as some of the remaining contestants.

I'm looking forward to the day these 2 are booted off.
    In her defense, that just wasn't one of Lacey's best nights. The pants and the routine fought against her.
    She is the show's rebel - we know that; nevertheless, she has proven that she can dance. We have seen her in some good routines and great costumes, and we have seen her dance with the pros in group numbers and hold her own.

I don't know who chose that costume for Monday night, but if it was their wardrobe guy and I was Lacey, I would be powwowing with him about future outfits that were a little more flattering on the old caboose.

I was also really surprised Carrie Ann gave them an 8 for their foxtrot. I thought that was too high.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Team Schmurgles?????

Can anyone tell me why they are referred to as Team "Schmurgles"?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Re: Team Schmurgles?????

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;4093997;
    Can anyone tell me why they are referred to as Team "Schmurgles"?
    Early in the season each couple had to pick a team name that went on a T shirt. I think it had something to do with a charity. Maybe someone who knows more details can clarify this. However that is the name they chose ; I think it was Kyles choice.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The t-shirts were/are being sold to benefit Stand Up to Cancer. Some of the names are common sense like Rick/Cheryl's (Fox-C) or Florence/Corky's (Florky). The others were Team DanceHoff, BranDMC, Ballin, Jenougher, Boltower, Torin, Kurtanna, Van Cho, and Sitchoff. Schmurgles has me curious, too, but I'm guessing it has some meaning. It kind of sounds like a team name Lacey would have associated with her

FORT Fogey

OT -- I keep thinking of the differences between Lacey and her brother Benjamin. They are like day and night.

I was also wondering how they came up with their team name.

+ Reply to Thread