+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Margaret Cho & Louis Van Amstel - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Margaret Cho & Louis Van Amstel - Season 11

Louis tweeted that next week is story line week and that, if he and Margaret make it through, their story will be something very close and personal to both of them. He went on to say he hopes he gets the right music and dance style for the story they want to do. I'm guessing it'll probably related to gay rights, since Louis is gay and Margaret is a big crusader in the gay community for equality.

Wonder if they'll be doing movie themes again, too. I loved the little spoofs they did last season, but the whole idea was pointless.

FORT Fogey

Louis has been partner suffering lately. Why do they not give one of these gals to Derek? Louis is a wonderful dancer, but deserves his time to shine. Tony is finally getting his turn, I hope Louis is next. He should have had Jennifer Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4071572;
    Louis has been partner suffering lately. Why do they not give one of these gals to Derek? Louis is a wonderful dancer, but deserves his time to shine. Tony is finally getting his turn, I hope Louis is next. He should have had Jennifer Grey.
    Most agreed! For both physicality and age, Louis was the best partner match for Jennifer. Derek is an undeniably talented dancer, but the drama and mugging is starting to infect his partner. Louis can bring a spirit of fun without falling on the floor in derangement.

Agreed with the above. I hope this doesn't become Louis's new status-partnering the comidennes, like Tony often partners the older women. He did wonders with Kelly Osbourne, and the show thought enough of him to partner the two together after Kelly said what she wanted in a pro. I'd also say he worked well and brought Lisa Rinna out of her shell during season 2. All the pros deserve a chance to show what they can do, and I also hope Louis gets it. I would have been curious what a Jennifer/Louis partnership would be like, but I doubt there would have been any "fainting" last night

I'm just not crazy about Margaret. I'm glad they ditched the comedy and went for the traditional dancing. But if she went home, I wouldn't miss her.

I was also hoping Louis would get Jennifer. Hopefully next season they'll give him a great partner.

Next season will prob be Jennifer Beals and Derek will get her too. lol Louis is a nice guy and it would be nice to see him get his due. I don't think Cho makes it past the next few weeks but I am happy she left the comedy aside and went traditional. I hope they do that this week as well. A good dance that's touching could keep her it in over others this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4075409;
    Next season will prob be Jennifer Beals and Derek will get her too. lol Louis is a nice guy and it would be nice to see him get his due. I don't think Cho makes it past the next few weeks but I am happy she left the comedy aside and went traditional. I hope they do that this week as well. A good dance that's touching could keep her it in over others this week.
    Yeah, I was thinking what other ringers or near ringers that could be lining up for Derek next season. Maybe it'll be Mark's turn, especially if Derek wins this season.

Louis is underrated, but I'm glad he looks to be a regular fixture again. Watching Lacey's choreographed number Tuesday night, and thinking back to season 9 when the two of them each choreographed one of the opening numbers, it makes me realize what a talent he is. And I wish he could get someone at even the level of Jennifer Grey to use it on. But he's done himself proud with some other celebs that might have gone out earlier with a different pro (Lisa Rinna and Kelly Osbourne). There's such a connection with Louis to his partners. I'm glad Margaret also went for the comedy free jive, and hope she does for the samba as well. But, I'm still not seeing her as a good dancer. I don't know how big her fanbase is, or if she'll improve, but I won't be surprised if she's gone in the next few rounds. But I never expected Niecy to get to the final 5, so I'll probably be wrong here as well.

I knew this was the story line they'd probably aim for. I doubt it was the dance style or song Louis was hoping for, however. That was just plain bad, and everything after just seemed to be awkward. Margaret seems to lose her nerve the second the music starts. I can't really even say she's showing improvement. She looks like she might be somewhat okay, but I don't know, she doesn't stay in that frame for long. I may not be a fan of hers, but my heart went out to her tonight. I think she was really hoping for a good dance, tonight of all nights, and it just didn't happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234