+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Margaret Cho & Louis Van Amstel - Season 11

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: Margaret Cho & Louise Van Amstel - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;4065882;
    That was awful. That was Jeffrey Ross / Kenny Mayne / Adam Corolla esque. Go home. Now.
    She should have gone last night. Next Bristol, but am sure a lot of people want to see her mom in the audience next week.

FORT Newbie

Re: Margaret Cho & Louis Van Amstel - Season 11

She was on Joy Behar show last night talking about DWTS. So funny. Hope she stays for at least another 3 weeks.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Margaret Cho & Louise Van Amstel - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;4066660;
    She should have gone last night. Next Bristol, but am sure a lot of people want to see her mom in the audience next week.
    I wouldn't have cared if she did. It wasn't a VW, but since she made it, we'll probably see more performances like it every week. I guess they'll play to the audience and forget the judges criticisms. She'll probably pass off getting eliminated that people just don't understand her humor. It worked with Niecy, but I don't think it will with Margaret. Niecy actually did the dances, even if she threw some humor into it.

I'd really be surprised if Sarah makes an appearance in the audience.

I like her, but I didn't enjoy her antics this week.
    I'd be more impressed if she came out and delivered a really solid dance, not that her goal is to impress me of course
    She has some dance training in her background. I think she's capable of better than what she delivered on Monday. She's funny, but I don't want her to become a figure of fun because her performances get slapstick.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

Cho can dance, as she proved in the first part of that VW. So, she threw in some comedy. It didn't really work and you know Louis knew it wouldn't. ;-) Hopefully next week, they'll be more serious, but still have fun. At least Margaret and Louis are entertaining.

I love Margaret, so I'm happy they were safe. There are dances that lend themselves to more of a comedic approach, but the VW is not one of them. Her humor was misplaced.

Let's hope they showcase her true ability and save the comedy for the appropreiate dances.

Who is John Galt?

I'm surprised Louis let her do that on the first dance of the season. Maybe since he keeps getting the comediennes, he'll just let them do their thing. I actually thing she has some potential, but I doubt we'll see anything besides more comedy routines.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;4067887;
    I'm surprised Louis let her do that on the first dance of the season. Maybe since he keeps getting the comediennes, he'll just let them do their thing. I actually thing she has some potential, but I doubt we'll see anything besides more comedy routines.
    I wonder if Louie was thinking that, since she handled the non-comic sections of the dance well, that this would be the week that they could get away with the comedy and not get the boot.

I'm thinking Louie will try to keep a tighter grip on Margaret's comic impulses for a couple of weeks. Or at least get her to smile more.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4067816;
    I like her, but I didn't enjoy her antics this week.
    I'd be more impressed if she came out and delivered a really solid dance, not that her goal is to impress me of course
    She has some dance training in her background. I think she's capable of better than what she delivered on Monday. She's funny, but I don't want her to become a figure of fun because her performances get slapstick.
    It kind of is, since she needs the fan vote. But if she already has yours, mission accomplished That was too much for one dance, and not the right dance for any of it. I think doing the cape spin was going for it enough, but then adding her getting tangled up and falling was a little too much. I have to think Louis's smart enough to not pull that two weeks in a row. They have the jive next week, though, and that's definitely more of a light hearted, upbeat dance than the VW.

Sorry fans, but in my opinion she was not only massively unfunny, but a pretty bad dancer (even in the "serious" parts of her dance).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast